Register now to get rid of these ads!

CADILLAC projects? - Any year

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hyfire, May 15, 2006.

1. rippintare

rippintare

68 deville

Attached Files:

2. Prop Strike

Prop Strike

Any progress out there?

3. JoshM

JoshM

my '55. It'll be slammed by this sunday. Bagged soon, hopefully

[​IMG]

4. Slag Kustom

Slag Kustom

my dead 60 just waiting to be cut up and sold off

Attached Files:

5. 38pickup

38pickup

Here is a 41 caddilac coupe that we just got done with. Caddilac's have alot of one thig and that's CHROME!

Attached Files:

6. Abomination

Abomination

Here's mine.

My '60 has a '64 429 and TH400 in it, soon to get a 9" Ford rear (thanks Raven61). Yes, it's packed up for the winter. And yes, it's for a hot pink Rochester carb & brake booster and a fluorescent green fuel line, filter, and coil. Shut up - I was s stupid kid when I did that, and it was on a dare.

How much of a stupid kid was I?

I got my '60 years ago, originally wanting a '59. I had collected generic '59 & '60 parts for a while, and almost changed my mind on what car I was going to do when I found a '55 & '56 Ford (very solid) for $200 in the Omaha Word Herald from a guy named Sandy Taylor. I bought them, but ended up renting space for a while, as I had no place for them.

Long story short, he was driving this '60, and I had to have it. I had bought a '55 Cadillac hearse and a '56 Cadillac ambulance off of him, but he had to tow them off of the property where they were, and ended up junking them without my knowlege just after I paid him off for them. I was still making payments for this '60 during all of that, and was pretty easy goin', so I told him that while I understood he had to get rid of them because of the MAN, he could trade me some other stuff. He hooked me up with some good quarters and some chrome for my '60, and I said I'd trade back the Fords to him as well if he's hang those quarters and shoot the paint for me.

Long story short, I handed over the quarters, and while I was driving it one day out by his shop the rear end fell apart. I went to get my Dad to help me, but it was gone when I returned, having been towed back to Mr. Taylor's shop (I had to search the area until i found it there). I picked it up and had it flatbedded to KC to park at my Mom's house, but never saw Mr. Taylor or my quarters ever again, and all I have left from that venture is my '60.

He still has the VIN tag, too, complicating licensing matters (I do have a title). But this is a "post yer project" post, and I digress...

Anyway, this '60 was driven through the brick wall of a laundromat and caught fire. Everything from the front bumper to the windshield (and dash stuff) was torched. Needless to say, there are several body panels now that are several different colors, having been frankensteined together over the years.

Plans are to straighten/repair the quarters, do the 4-wheel disc brake conversion (including master cylinder and brake booster), and maybe a sheet metal intake later (as long as it fits under the hood). I may or may not keep the mid-70s Lincoln turbine mags on it, but they were cheap, and don't look too bad, actually.

Of course, I need seat belts for the kids, and of course, Vintage Air will be my friend. I'd like to bag it out of necessity, as I'm sure all owners of '59 & '60 Cadillacs can tell you. The rear bumper is like 6' from the rear hub, and if you're not careful where you park it, it can drag on steep grades.

I'd like a set of headers and some finned Offy valley and valve covers, and a low profile oil pan someday (wouldn't we all).

I do need a new floor for the passenger side, but I have a source for that.

I'd like to be driving it this coming fall, and it just may become a reality!

~Jason

Attached Files:

• rear.jpg
      rear.jpg
      File size:
      17.9 KB
      Views:
    • 429.jpg
      429.jpg
      File size:
      25.6 KB
      Views:
  7. junkyard junky

junkyard junky

I bought a 32 cad chassis about a month ago. Plan on making something like a roadster pu out of it in the future. Just collecting parts right now. Is there any place to get 32 cad brake parts?

8. Heres my 58 sedan deville...Its transmission is out and bieng rebuilt as i type this. about 4 months ago, the lower passenger a-arm snapped and i took that as the perfect opertunity to rebuild the suspension and lower it, i got some springs made and dropped it 3 inches from stock, its a really nice original car, it was painted at the dealership in 58 and still looks great. the interior is next on my list, i want to do something a little crazy with it but more period correct, interesting fabrics and fun stuff like that, i want to do some kind of sparkle carpet...my current future plans- do the interior, lower it a little more, and gradually start doing the body work to it. as far as body and paint go, ive got a few ideas but none that i can really wrap my head around... tell me what you guys think.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. tommyhawk13

tommyhawk13

My big project is a 73 S&S hearse. It's got a rusty roof under the vinyl, but it's mostly solid. I've got a rebuilt 500 bored 30 over with a mild cam, and an Edelbrock intake waiting to go under the hood. I also want to make 40" headers & put long 70's style side pipes on it. I don't know what I'm doing with the 67 yet. [​IMG]

10. Roach25681

Roach25681
    from Calhoun GA

LobsterBoy....a good buff job and that thing will SHINE!

11. OldSchoolObee

OldSchoolObee

Heres my 68 coupe, lowered 3", my driver...

Attached Files:

12. mad-cad

mad-cad

Here's my 56 coop de ville I'm working on,it has a caddy 500 motor and a TH400 tranny.I'll be putting some lowering blocks in the back and slicing a coil or 2 out of the front springs.Maybe next winter it'll get some airbags.
    The 70 coop is my daily if it's not snowing,it has a 514 motor in it,it's great for killing Audi's and BMW's at the traffic lights.:D

Attached Files:

13. Here is one I built for a customer a while back, a 1949-kinda a sleeper......Ha!
    has a 468 Chevy with 2X4's-A/C-ps/pb 85 Caprice stub and rear axle with 8"stock car steelies behind stock Sombreros

Attached Files:

14. PS: where'd the kit come from? My bro needs some discs for his '63.

15. flathead okie

flathead okie

[​IMG] Bought this one CHEAP ($100) last week, didn't have a place to put it so I sold it for $50 dollars profit to a friend who wanted it to build. alls it needs is a new motor and paint. It looks worse in the pic than it is.

16. tommyhawk13

tommyhawk13

And smoking the tires, from what I've seen!:D

17. I don't know where the brake kit pictured came from, but I found a guy selling kits for all of the '49-up Cads with kingpin suspension (balljoint cars are supposedly all an easy retrofit using stock late 60's/ early 70's parts). The guy's name is Jerry Garroute in Watsonville, CA, 831-728-2575. I've never seen his products, so I can't vouch for quality or anything, but it's a source.

18. 66deezntsz

66deezntsz
    from Sacramento

Here's my 66 Deville, just picked it up and starting to work on her. Going to just paint it a flat color for now so it's looks resonable. Then I need to find a rebuilt motor to throw in there. The rings are bad and figure it will be easier to just replace than rebuild the 429, looking at a later model 472 that will bolt in. Get some more pics after I paint it. [​IMG]

19. Abomination

Abomination

Nice to see you on here, Chris!

~Jason

20. gasser52

gasser52
    BANNED

this post needs to be revived

21. Hyfire

Hyfire

Back from the dead...

Just sold this tonight. Down to one caddy...

[​IMG]

22. eric

eric

well here's my '61. i haven't done jack to it since i got it except gut it out. still looking to get the thing painted. soon, i hope!!! i'd like to drive it to paso, but we'll see how that works out....????
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

23. My 3 sons....or the 3 Stooges...whichever---
    [​IMG]
    The 57 as it sits now. I never liked red....so I've been struggling with the idea of a color change, and was almost ready to blow it back apart.....then these two came along within the same week.....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I HAD to buy them both.......
    The 62 will go to the head of the class--hope to have it roadworthy soon. The 60 will get it's turn one of these days, and I will continue to be broke.

24. Hey Schieb looks like some nice projects you nabbed.

25. johny1i

johny1i

Here's a few of my '54, starting with when I dragged it home last January and then when I finally painted it over Thanksgiving. Still trying to get it on the road (dropped the tank yesterday to discover about 500 rust holes on top of it), but at least it finally looks good sitting in the driveway. Hard to get any help yet out of the new guy in the last pic.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

26. the shark

the shark

hey guys... i have been lurking on this message board for awhile now and decided that this is as good of a thread to introduce myself as any.

i bought my 53 coupe deville this past summer and it is my only car. right now it only runs on 7 cylinders and burns oil but this summer i am planning on rebuilding it and possibly putting airbags on it.

i am very interested in chopping the top and need as much info as i can get on it. im not quite sure what to do with all of the stainless and the curved back glass. if anybody has any info, please send it my way

thank you

shark
    last call
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

27. Mad Dog Tattoo

Mad Dog Tattoo

I just sold my 63 Cadillac in December to a guy in Australia.
    I’m happy its so far away that I don’t see anyone Driving it.
    I had a cool 67 But some guy named Eryk got that one. lol
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

28. rixrex

rixrex

Sally and I have a 1970 Eldorado, largest V/8 ever made, eight feet from horn button to front bumper, will lay a funny burnout for blocks, has two tractor mufflers? that let the neighbors know yer comin...it used to be yeller now is dark cherry....

29. rixrex

rixrex

Yeeeess..beautiful job...tell us more!

30. teddyp

teddyp

heres my 65 fleetwood dayton wire wheels lowed with air shocks rebuit front end new exhaust fresh paint love caddy,customs,hot rods and woman:cool:

Attached Files: