Register now to get rid of these ads!

Who sells spindles and dearched leaf springs for a 60 Galaxie

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jerry Reed, Nov 21, 2006.

1. Jerry Reed

Jerry Reed

I'm in the process of lowering my 60 Edsel and need to know where to get some dropped spindles, lowering springs, and de-arched rear leaf springs. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. bukibkr

bukibkr

Hey Jerry, Fatman's might make the spindles, Why not just use lowering blocks in the rear? If ya really wanna go lowbuck, cut the coils in the front, Buk

3. Jerry Reed

Jerry Reed

I'm not worried about it being low buck. I want the car to ride as well as possible and still have a killer stance, and I don't want to bag it. I want to keep it simple and I want the car to sit low all the time. Not just when it's parked. So I think dropped spindles, lowered coil springs and de-arched rear leaf springs would be the way to go. I just need to find out where to get the stuff.

4. Hi!

Hi!
    from SoCal

I dont know if its the same but my freind has brand new dearched springs for a 62 galaxie.If you want i could check.

5. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

6. lgh1157

lgh1157

Just cut the coils, alot of us on here are riding in cut coils and its all good.

De arching the springs could be done at any spring shop, you dont have to buy de-arched springs, just de-arch yours

L

7. highgalaxie

highgalaxie

try Jamco ,J & M enterprises they sell all the coils ,leafs, shocks and bolts needed to do a non bag lowjob

8. Heres the best way to go.Grenada spindles.Cheap and disc brakes too.Lowers the car bout 1.5"-2",cut a coil and you'll be sittin right.
    http://users.ipns.com/rlewis/disc.htm

Put blocks in the back and take a leaf out.Better ride!

9. 122wagon

122wagon
    from nowhere

i dont know if theyre identical or not, but on my 64 i just used blocks in the back and cut 1.5 coils up front. with 175/70/14 tires the frame is about 3/4 inch off the ground and rides like a caddy.

you dont need spindles or de arched springs.

but disc brakes would be nice i guess.

low and slow!