Register now to get rid of these ads!

Tom Daniel's "Beer Wagon" show truck for sale

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mike Zenor, Nov 23, 2006.

1. '27 Mack flatbed C-cab kustom! U-know-where...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1927...20QQihZ004QQcategoryZ6472QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I think he did this around the same time as the Red Baron. One of my favorite examples of the Roth-influenced goofy theme show car / model kit phenomenon. I remember building the MPC kit.

Man, I totally want this thing. I love the unitentionally hilarious "Say No To Drugs!" message... on a freaking BEER wagon!

2. had a model of that when i was a LITTLE kid

3. Haunted Ken

Haunted Ken

I would make it my daily...... sick, yes, but I totally would.....

4. George

George

1982???:confused: Typo?, 1962 sounds more likely, or replica?

5. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

I love how it says "say no to drugs" when clearly they were on Drugs when they built that :D

6. scarylarry

scarylarry

That was what I was thinkin'. It HAS to be earlier to be the one, right?

7. Yeah - the model was around 1969 or 1970, I'm sure I saw a full sized version at a car show in the early 70s. Unless that "1982" is a typo, it's a clone.

8. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

9. I thought that the original was quite a bit better put together, unless age has gilded my memory.
    Seems to me that the front wheels were near the fenders, not in another county; the rears were duals; there were more beer kegs (more, MORE:D ); and that a Buick V6 was not even a thought when the car was built, Buick had sold that engine design to Willys Jeep back in '67 or so (bought it back in the mid-seventies). Certainly the electronic ignition was not available.
    I think clone as well.
    Cosmo

10. Rand Man

Rand Man

I don't see a show car there. Seller doesn't know the difference between a Chevy and a Buik V6. I don't think he knows the history of the car. Be carefull.

11. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Why does that thing remind me of a WWI french tank?

12. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

yeah... as far as I know there was not a show car at the time of release of the kit. if there were this would not be it. it's neat, but not the beer wagon from the kit... far from it

the selller is an idiot. tom daniels and beer wagon should be in the title as search words. Tom Daniel fans are not searching for 27 mack

13. It has twelve reverse gears and one forward? and that's busted! :D Stu

14. poncho62

poncho62
    BANNED

15. That's not the original. The original show car looked just like the model. It toured with the real Red Baron car. The Boothill Express was at most of the same shows back then too. Another guy made a copy of it too,but it was red. There';s a guy who made a Red Baron,looking car out there too. It shows up at alot of Goodguys shows. Looks too much like a T-bucket with a helmut.

16. RODMAN58

RODMAN58
    from VIRGINIA

I want to know who else had this model car? I did. Still could not
    touch the "lil coffin'.

17. jusjunk

jusjunk
    BANNED
    from Michigan

ha I noticed that too. Im betting they were just drunk!
    dave

18. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I had it too. I remember getting it shortly after seeing a real chain drive Mack as a kid. Had the Red Baron too. All of it was lost in a house fire back in '70.

19. 50Fraud

50Fraud

All of Tom's designs were originally sold as Monogram kits.

20. trailer-Ed

trailer-Ed
    from JC, MO

The original was also chain drive at the rear wheels, and a few variations in the cab design, also had kegs as gas tanks.

21. Lil' Coffin was the first model I ever built. As soon as I find another one,i'm gonna build it right. The first one had glue webs all over it. Think I can do a better job this time. I'll put it in a showcase.

22. unklgriz

unklgriz

First thing I noticed was the wheels were wrong. If I remember right the original had working F.I. on it also. I made all of the Monogram kits as a kid. My son still has the Paddy Wagon, and I have the Lil'coffin around here somewhere.