Register now to get rid of these ads!

First pics of my Holiday

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chili Phil, Nov 20, 2006.

1. My '49 Holiday is going under its own power these days, after marinating for 22 years in the garage. And previously to that it slumbered for 14 years before ol' Jesse and I got it running then. It's funny, the things that go bad in dry storage. BUT, I'll be putting to the Mooneyes deal in it, with FuelRoadster navigating. Anyway, here's the pics you guys asked for. I plan to lower it 3 inches more in the back. Included is a pic, PhotoShopped by my pal, Rasputin, of where I want to go with this car. The shot of the turn signal stalk is to show the cool OLD laminated plastic knob.

I know this would look cool laying the rockers in the pavement, but that would make the car look like "Twenty-First Century". I'm shooting for the mid to late fifties.

Attached Files:

2. Thats great, one of the first high dollar GM hardtops tops to come on the market

s.

3. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Very cool Chili.

4. Looking tight Phil & cant wait for the show & Drags.I'm supposed to hook up with the guy that owns Moon,from Japan.
    Ive got some pictures he's probably never seen before,with my dad driving the little Mooneyes Dragster,& also the Devon(at Riverside) & some candid shots all in a photo album.
    Bloody Caligulas?,,,,I'll supply the Stoly.
    Troy

5. Yes, Caligula wouldn't miss Moon's deal for anything.

6. pimpin paint

pimpin paint
    from so cal

Damn Chili,

Das one sweet lookin' Olds-moe-bubble!

Swankey Devils C.C.

7. nice............is that montana plates?

8. flynstone

flynstone

very cool car and the fact you had it so long..............cooleoleo

9. Yes, Montana plates, 1972. I found some '65 Washington plates in the trunk. If anyone knows the car from it's old days, I'd love to hear about it.

10. yorgatron

yorgatron
    Member Emeritus

11. seymour

seymour
    from PNW

In My Merry Oldsmobile

12. hemifarris

hemifarris

Nice car..You sure don't see many of them today...

13. 6t5frlane

6t5frlane
    from New York

VERY Nice. I kinda like the way she sits now

14. guiseart

guiseart

She seems happy out in the sunshine finally... looks good.

15. graverobber63

graverobber63
    Alliance Vendor

Chili I can't wait to see what you have in plan for it... looks solid!

16. rasputin

rasputin
    from Chicago

Big hell yeah!

17. 50Fraud

50Fraud

Very cool. Is it an 88 or a 98?

18. It's a 98. Shares a body by Fisher with the '49 Buick Riviers and Caddy Coupe de Ville. Those cars are the first usage for the names Holiday, Riviera and Coupe de Ville. 3004 Holiday Coupes built in '49.

19. Shoot, it looks good to me now, wish it was mine, I heart Oldsmobiles.:D

20. pigpen

pigpen
    from TX USA

I've been waiting a long time to see the mighty Olds. I like it almost as much as the blown, black, fastback that used to live in Littlerock, back in the day. Actually, I think that I like your Tudor hardtop body better than the fastback. The spare bedroom is ready for you and the wife, when you come through Tejas on "The Trip". :) Get well from that gunge that you caught.

pigpen

(Eating more pills and enjoying it less.)

21. DON_WOW

DON_WOW
    Member Emeritus

Rare and classy Phil , I agree it could go down in the rear some . 76-77 cutlass back coils are around three or so inches shorter and bolt right in---used them in my 50 88 ride is good.. bitchen rocket you got, be proud.

22. Why, thank you Jerry. The rear springs are already heated quite a bit, so the Cutlass springs might need some shortening, but I'd have a little more spring rate left, I assume. It's lowered with Fatman spindles in front 4". That puts it below the scrub line! Drives pretty nice. Brakes are a little scary, but I pay attention.

I scored a '56 Rocket with the #10 heads and window distributor to build using the specs you sent me. Gonna cruise it cross country in '08. Lots to do before I try that, eh?

23. teddyp

teddyp

very cool olds good luck with it rare to see a 49 98 hardtop keep us posted on your progess with pic,s a class ride

24. xderelict

xderelict
    Member Emeritus

Nice car.I really like those early hardtops.I had a 50 chevy hardtop,Ernie,they called him Fat Ernie,did the body and paint.He lived up in Pico Rivera just a bit off Whittier blvd.Would always be out to the Pomona swaps.Nice guy ,lost contact with him,Hell that had to be almost 20 years ago.Anyway I like your Olds.Later,A kinder gentler xderelict.

25. Chaz

Chaz
    Member Emeritus

That car came out of Kalispell Montana....about 120 miles from here.

26. sololobo

sololobo

Out- f'n-standing, I knew a local guy who had one when I was a kid, thought it was the coolest car on the planet, I still think so. Congrats on diggin it out and driving it, way coool! Great 88! Happy Holiday! Sololobo

27. monzadood

monzadood
    BANNED

i just got a 50 olds with the 303 rocket and auto trans. it has been stored for 37 years. it has 32,000 miles. the motor turns freely.

what would you suggest i do to get her running?

28. Monzadood, shoot some Marvel Mystry oil in the bores, change it to 12 volt, rebuild or replace the carb (I'm pretty damned happy with my Edlebrock 500cfm carb) change the thermostat and most likely the waterpump. Boil the gas tank. Of course change the oil and do it again and again. Gotta get the shellac out. Pertronix is a good deal too. Change the fluid in the Hydro several times also. Talk to someone who knows the Hydro, or ask here on the HAMB. You need to have the trans in gear and running when you add and check fluid levels. What body style is your '50?

29. Paul

Paul
    Editor

good lookin car Phil,
    happy holiday!

30. monzadood

monzadood
    BANNED

its an 88 . i just got it home today. now, i got a buddy crying the blues about wanting it. it cleaned up real nice. [​IMG]