Register now to get rid of these ads!

My first OT/ Good kids names?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JPMACHADO, Nov 2, 2006.

1. Nik

Nik

When my wife was expecting our first I decided that we would name him after her grandfather August. Nice name and I really liked her Grandpa, so I wanted to honor him. Long story short, after delivery she decides that she was not naming him August. We fought and fought until the nurses told us the next day that we couldn't leave without naming him. So I told her to name him whatever she wanted, but by God, the next child we had I was naming it and I didn't care if I was watching Roots on TV and decided that Kunta Kinte was a good name, it was going to be whatever I chose. So my daughter came around and I named her Paxton. My Ford friends loved it, and she did too till I told her it was a car part. ;)

Nik

2. Jim Beam

Jim Beam
    from St. George

I resemble that remark! Evinrude, after the boat motor, yeah we are big fisherman over here!

3. OLLIN

OLLIN

Maximus Machado. or maximiliano or just "max"?

4. Ricky Bobby

Slick

5. DirtyTace

DirtyTace

Cool. Would a brass pole be an inappropriate gift for the baby shower? :D

6. 40 & 61 Fords

40 & 61 Fords

I was in the grocery store about a month ago, and heard a mother calling her son Deuce! I have a buddy who is a Deuce owner who was going to be having (had on Tuesday) a kid. I tried to get him to name it Deuce, but they had a girl.
    My 4 year old sons name is Maxwell...nice regular name, but as a car guy, I know it's also the name of a car manufactured in the 1920's. I have already collected some Maxwell car items for him like a hubcap and grill badges.
    There was a kid in the neighborhood when I was a kid who's name was Ryan. His Dad's name was Dick. The nickname his Dad gave him ended up being...Wiener! Needless to say, when he came of driving age, we refered to his truck as the "wienermobile"!

7. Ky

Ky
    from Durango,CO

I had a buddy name his son Dutch.
    There is a 70 year old man who lives across the street from me who's name is Fury.

When my Wife was pregnant I was pulling for Zepher if it was a boy. We had a girl named Zoe.

8. TexasDeuce

TexasDeuce

hey how about some good ol' hispanic names to mach with Machado

1. Chuy Machado
    2. Beto Machado
    3. Gustavo "Tavo" Machado
    4. Enrique "Kike" Machado
    5. Facundo "F%@K" Machado
    6. Jose "Pepe" Machado

Then there is:
    1. Harley Machado (this could be male or female)
    2. Holley Machado (female)
    3. Cammy Machado
    4. Chevy Machado (male or female)
    5. Hemi Machado
    6. Maria Del Rosario Machado
    7. Caralampia "Cari" Machado

9. I firmly belive naming my son Race had alot to do with where he is now in the hotrod industry.

We have a very good friend with a son named Guage also and I always thought that was very cool.

10. Da Tinman

Da Tinman

I have a buddy who named his boys Bo and Ty,,, Bo is a mustang fanatic,, pisses his old man off sumpthin fierce!

11. Vern. Ak. I like Zeke, but my wife wouldn't go for it. Zebulon (Zeb)

12. boy_named_sue

boy_named_sue
    from Dayton, OH

Mickey Machado. i like that. sounds like a name should be hung above a shop door.

13. 47fordcoe

47fordcoe
    from San Diego

jack
    max
    julio cesar...........:D

14. I have friends who named their daughters Sunshine Scarlett (you gotta say it all together like one stupidly long name), and Tuesday. "Oh, like Tuesday Weld?" says I, and mom gets all offended, "No!!"... um, ok then.

Another friend has a daughter named Blue.

Yet another friend has a son named Spike.

And people wonder why the fuck their kids grow up hating them.

15. I also have a friend with kids named Hunter and Talon.

16. Zumo

Zumo

Efren, Hector or Beto. All names of guys you don't want to mess with.

17. RotHod

RotHod
    from So Cal

We are expecting in December and have been kicking around the name Ardun because we say this is our last we "Are Done".

18. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

My last name is Bowles so I always said I'd name them Super and Cereal. I wanted to name my dog Toilet.

19. And it'll be that much easier for future ex-wives, girlfriends and employers to kick him to the curb. "You... ArDun."

20. Zumo

Zumo

Oh I once had a teacher who was pregnant and was having a boy. There last name was Edge. I told them to name there son "Cleeve"

I thought I was funny at 17.

21. Kev Nemo

Kev Nemo

I like family names. My son is Jonah-my uncle was John and my grandpa was Juan. My daughters are Natalie, after my wive's grandmother and Amelie', a mix of my grandma (Amalia) and her great-grandma (Emily).

22. MIGHTY

MIGHTY

Cooper is cool (coop) or go traditional with CHEWY MACHADO! YEAH CHEWY, I LOVE THAT NAME.

23. HotRodKitten

HotRodKitten

Just don't name your child anything you have to explain or SPELL constantly. It's irritating, but I guess sometimes it's worth it...I'd rather have an original name than a common one.
    My husband's named after Jeb Allen, the drag racer. Needless to say, he gets called "Zeb" often, and he hears "Jeb Bush" jokes a lot,

Our friends just named their little boy Cash Deville, I think Cash is appropriate as he gets older.

I think Race is a great name!

24. kentucky

kentucky

Make sure the name doesn't sound like another name, and is not too hard to spell. My son's name is Brennan. Every time he meets someone we have to say "Brennan, not Brandon...No, not Brendan, Brennan...B-r-e-n-n-a-n"

For the rest of his life he's going to be spelling his name out to everyone he meets:eek: It is a good name though:cool:

We are going through the name game too...my wife likes all the trendy names, I like the traditional ones. I'm trying to find a good catholic name we can agree on.

BTW here's the top 10 http://www.socialsecurity.gov/OACT/babynames/ This is actually a pretty cool page for the gov't:D

25. buschandbusch

buschandbusch
    from Reno, NV

get used to it- everyone in my family has to say, "that's BUSCH, B-U-S-C-H, like the beer"

I think it would be cool to name a kid after a Roth character- have a legal name like "Mother's Worry", or "Rat Fink". Well, it would be cool for the parent, but I don't know about the poor kid. :D

How about a middle name "roth"

what about a part inspired name, like "Rod", or if you're a machinist, "Chip". Again, funny for the parents............

26. I work with a guy who just named his new born son "Torque"

27. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

Raul Pablo

Use his initials or just call him "Tach.''

I like the "Incredibles" flick with the kid named "Dash." Noun and verb!

My boys are Courtland (family name) and Elijah (came to my wife in a dream). My brother Jon, has Noah and Parker. There is also a Stone and a Conrad on my wife's side.

My buddy in High School (now brother-in-law and Stone's dad) is Tobin Spencer MacBeth. I always wanted to combine his and my middle names and go with Courtland Spencer but skipped it and named my son after me and use his middle name. Too many people call me Daniel and my name IS Danny. (First english song my grandmother learned on the boat over from Europe: Danny Boy)

28. William is a good name.

When it came time to name my daughter, I struck up a deal with the wife; she'd pick the Chinese name, and I'd pick the English one.

Having had a miserable enough childhood myself, I didn't want to name her anything white trash/rock star/ghetto. "Beulah May, Booster Stage, and Bufanda were all out.

BTW, a couple guys I went to school with were the sons of a guy named Richard Whacker. Met the guy, and he said: "call me Dick". Honest truth.

Don't fuck the kid on the name.

By the way, please don't name him 'william joseph'. Not everyone wants to be a 'billy joe'.

Trust me.

-bill

29. JPMACHADO

JPMACHADO
    from Not Listed

THIS IS USEFUL!