Register now to get rid of these ads!

Halloween Hoedown pics.....FINALLY!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Primer is paint, Nov 2, 2006.

1. I've been really busy this week but just got them ready. We can't say thanks enough to Bobby and Jason (and everyone else involved) for such a great day! The food was great, the bands were great and the show was great. I'm ready for next year!!!!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. love the turbo six… what's the story?

3. screwtheman

screwtheman

A lot of neat old stuff! The turbo 6 is interesting! I've never seen Rallye wheels on anything but novas and camaros, especially not a fenderless car. I kinda' like it.

Thanks for sharing.

4. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Pabst Blue Roasters...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Johnny Law Justice....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    ...and now for an added surprise. We decided to head over to 231 and take the scenic route home. It didn't take long before we started seeing cars in fields and such but it was getting dark quick and we were trying to stay moving. Then when we least expected it we ran across this line of old tin sitting defiantly in an open lot. Ironically they are right across the street from a funeral home. Almost seems fitting.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. It's been a while since these cars have seen the road...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. jackandeuces

jackandeuces

Were the last pictures of the funeral home parking lot???????

8. This one has the funeral home parking lot in it.

Unless you were refering to the gravel and the old abandon building.

Making fun of Funeral homes is no Old School, hommie.

Thanks,

Butcher

9. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

uhhh...what's a 'dub'?...Volkswagen?

10. ratt7

ratt7

Great pics, I like that old buick !! :)

11. Frank

Frank

On that shot of the inside of the rpu. I like this dash but...

Clutch, brake...brake, gas...

Where is the 3rd pedal? It doesn't look like an auto to me.

12. Aaron51chevy

Aaron51chevy

Cool pictures I dig the line up of cars, any pictures of the olds behind the black primer nova? I dig the stance of it, cool go cart!

13. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

gas pedal is on top and to the right of the bellhousing...I helped you, now tell me what a 'dub' is...:)

14. Aaron51chevy

Aaron51chevy

I think Dub is a rim brand or a VW if I understand those ads with the german engineer for VW...

15. That panel Dodge is cool, would make a cool ratrod.

16. junkbrick

junkbrick

....The little roadster was built by Kustm52 and myself as a little side project for the end of the summer. We actualy started on it about a month or so before the HAMB Drags with the sole intention of building an HA/GR car....but as you can see things took a little detour right after that....we thrased on it pretty hard and had a rolling car for the most part to take to Mo-Kan...and had it running shortly after we returned.

....basically the car is just some really neat leftovers from around the shop. The cowl is a mid twenties Chevy that belonged to Kustm52's grandad, the tub is off the same vintage Fisher body...frame is 2X3 square tubing, Farmall grille shell, Olds headlights, and a 250 Ford six backed by a 64? 3-speed....oh yeah, a little Un-Natural Aspiration is provided by a late 50's vinatage Rajay turbo....it motivates the little car pretty good. :eek:

We'll cover the whole build sometime soon :D....right now you cant get us from behind the wheel of it long enough to type!

---gotta quit ramblin....we had a great time at the show, I got to meet a few of the guys off of here and put faces with the names...Thanks again for a great time guys.

....later
    -reed

17. k9racer

k9racer

Dubs are wheels that are 20 inch and larger.. Their is even a monthly Mag called DUBs.. check your newsstands..Not traditional..

18. junkbrick, the guys over at fordsix.com will eat that turbo project up. They would love it. You'll have to run a thread over there for them.
    Many of those guys are running turbos or superchargers on their sixes; really neat stuff. And fast as hell too.
    What's next is a brand new aluminum head from www.inlineclassics.com. Supposed to be good for 70hp just on it own.
    Looking forward to the build-up thread. Thanks for sharing.

19. k9racer

k9racer

The people who will enjoy the benifits of the party are the children in the Shrine Cripple Childrens hospital and the patients at the Burn Center. We had a good 50/50 drawing and HAMB member Mike who won {that red car outside} gave his share to the cause.. Also we had a good offering in a bucket.. Like was stated this is a free party. Jason and myself pay all expenses.. Looking forward to next year same time same place.. Thank You.. Bobby

20. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

thats a 48-50 Dodge B1 panel. looks like some good parts.. someone snagged the grill bars (good ones are hard to find.. I am looking for them) as an FYI the Austrians had a suburban version with windows that never made it to the US..

Someone should have kicked or stomped Carlos and sent him flying across the parking lot. that is way to close to a crydoll.

21. singledownloop

singledownloop

i checked out that roadster close at mokan they even revealed the make of the wheels under threat of injury if repeated :) The speedo mount is pretty cool up close.I was curious if it ever ran i'm glad to find out it does............Greg

22. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

[​IMG]

The new craze ... 20 inch wheels or larger ... :D

23. That one threw us off at first too. The clutch and brake pedal are visible. The gas pedal is the small lever on the other side of the trans that looks like it's sticking out from the bottom of the speedometer. Looks like one helluva uncomfortable stretch!

[​IMG]

24. Kustm52

Kustm52

No, believe it or not, that is the most comfortable position. If i had it to do over, i would have left the body a little longer, but proportionately it looked "off" any longer.. we are planning on redoing the seat, making a "bomber bench" style that nestles in the back of the body, which will give about 3 more inches..and that's always good..:D also a tranny tunnel is in the works..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Brian

25. jalopy43

jalopy43
    Member Emeritus

I like it Brian! I'm sorry I missed you at the show..How;s the son's Merc commin along??

26. IGOR

IGOR

Man, that's great you guys had the Rounders there. That's a bad ass band!