Register now to get rid of these ads!

American Graffiti Quiz!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by The_Monster, Oct 2, 2003.

1. The_Monster

The_Monster

Thanks for the correction man, but you're a bit late. this thread just recently had its 3rd b-day on the HAMB :)

2. DeucePhaeton

DeucePhaeton

Kip's in a Silver 57 Chevy

Liquor Store - 57 Ford

Cops in a Ford

Did this without look at any other anwers.

Hopw I did well. If not i better watch the show again.

3. DeucePhaeton

DeucePhaeton

Hell with it.
    Better fire up the DVD player. I missed 2 out of three. On;y half credit for the cop car cause I left off the year.

Here's mine.

If the movie had depicted a real airliner, what would have been the airline.?

4. TWA:D

5. looks like a 66 buick skylark/special to me!
    R.R.

6. Dang, I got em right, but I am gonna pop the dvd in again, an get bitched at for watching it again by the wife when she gets home from the store. hahaha I et bored with the movies she likes, but ill stay up till 4 am watching the ones I like. Ain't life great.

One Eyed Willy

7. DeucePhaeton

DeucePhaeton

Great Score!!
    Why?

8. the yellow coupe's engine is shown backed up by black card board in "the California kid" with Martin sheen {before he became president}

9. okay, more trivia. what song from what musical does Harrison Ford sing to Cindy Williams while riding in the 55 chev?

10. Graffiti32

Graffiti32
    from Illinois

Dont forget they also used the speedometer from the Graffiti Coupe in the California Kid.:D

11. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Some enchanted evening- you will meet a stranger...you will meet a stranger

Cob

next ?

12. Graffiti32

Graffiti32
    from Illinois

Would that be Some enchanted evening. from South Pacific????

13. red stripes with letters in between heres some thing ta look for..when the coupes drivin thruogh town with the two of them watch for the windshield to be open and bouncing..thats where they ran the mic & light cables.............per Paul Lemat

14. HotrodVon

HotrodVon

I've been lookin for a bottle of Ol' Harper forever...was it a real brand?

15. fastroadster

fastroadster

They paid us 35.00 a night to cruise downtown Petaluma and SF, Shit we would have done it just for the catering truck snacks Ha Ha!!!

16. The_Monster

The_Monster

Yea, my brother got me a bottle of old harper for my birthday years back. I still have it, still sealed, never opened. I'll take a pic of it when my camera charges up.

17. Von MoPar

Von MoPar
    from Australia

old ginger

18. beauishere

beauishere

Although some website says the make of tire was JC Penny, it aint nessecarily so. No one actually knows, it was one guy's guess. There hasn't been a single picture published that shows the make. Early M&H used the same trim beading and tread as the JC Pennys. If someone has a published description of the tires used in the film, please post. Thanks.

19. beauishere

beauishere

And when he takes off the pipes at the garage and his pal says something like, racing again Milner, he just looks up and says something like yea...

Milner sees all his buddies going off to college and stuff and hes stuck in town defending his #1 name. I think maybe he just wanted a way out(???)

What do you think of that theory?[/quote]

Well, alot of Lucas' movies have an underlying old west theme. Milner was kinda like the 'Fastest Gun' and knew his time would come sooner or later.

Da Hui no ka oi!

20. leon renaud

leon renaud
    from N.E. Ct.

Since this is still going Street Rodder Magazine did a write-up on the car stars of AG.I don't have that issue on hand so can't say which one it is now loaned it to a friend who is building a coupe clone.the article covers things like the fact the merc was bought completely stock and given a quick chop for the film window trim welds were left as BUT they spent big money for a Tuck&Roll interior that never shows in filming !

21. Graffiti32

Graffiti32
    from Illinois

Aww C'mon Hal.... Its Took the header plugs out huh expecting a little action. Yea I think so theres some punk lookin for me. Why the hell they bother you been number one as long as i can rember. Been a long time aint it Ill see ya thanks.

22. ChopperOlli

ChopperOlli
    from Finland

This Citroen is Citroen 2cv around year 66-69 (I need to see movie again that I can say for sure). Funny detail is France land sticker on boot. (F)

-Olli

23. Brewton

Brewton

Because he didn't know how to ride it. I think he hit the brakes but didn't know to pull in the clutch.

24. 00fxd

00fxd
    from BC Canada

Correct me if I'm wrong but I seem to remember that it was common knowledge among my buddies that the '55 on it's lid after the crash had single exhaust as well. :confused:

25. 00fxd

00fxd
    from BC Canada

I seem to remember the red 71 'stang in Diamonds are Forever is a real plain jane notch back with the red headed chick driver [Stephanie Powers?]. Goes like stink tho. I always liked that sleeper.

26. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That wasn't rehearsed or in the script, when they shot the first take he really didn't know how to ride and hit the trash can. Looked so good and fitted in so well with Toads character they kept it in, much to the disgrace of Charles Martin Smith (The Toad).

Doc.

27. Ruiner

Ruiner

Here's a little more trivia for you guys...

Opening song from More American Grafitti?

Pharoah Joe's nickname in More American Grafitti?

Milner's nitro "recipe" in More American Grafitti?

The name of the club that gave Kurt his "scholarship" check?

Milner's "regulation height" frontend measurement?

hopefully that should keep you boys busy a little while...

28. George

George

Jill St. John, & it was a Mach1.

29. ok i stumbled on this thread tonight, because some kind person unearthed it for me, 1st post, and thought id add my 2c, anyways, i grew up living, eating, sleeping and breathing AG and MAG, my parents put me to sleep every night when i was a little tike to the AG soundtrack and ive always wanted to own a clone of the Falfa 55. Anyway, i came across an article a long time ago stating that there was an intrest or development of a script of an updated version of AG that was to actually happen!, since coming across the thread tonight at 8pm ive been busy scouring the internet looking for this same article to post up here for you guys to check out, with no such luck! (its now 3.35am), has anyone else every stumbled across this or heard anything like it?

30. CHRIS 57

CHRIS 57
    from Upstate NY

[ Milner's "regulation height" frontend measurement?/QUOTE]

"It's regulation height 12 inches officer, you can check if you'd like."