Register now to get rid of these ads!

427 SOHC engine option in new Mustang

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by the-rodster, Oct 30, 2006.

1. the-rodster

the-rodster

2. $60,000 for the engine option, but hey, the rear spoiler is NO CHARGE!

3. I'd like to take that for a spin. If they would have broke up the 60K adder it would make it more palletable, I think.

4. Thats a fake window sticker.

I bet it would spank the new Shelby.

5. bpc

bpc

Yeah, getting that smogged in California would be fun. 17 and 25 mpg HA HA. Its pretty cool though.

6. ratstar

ratstar

Its got to be a fake. Its a carburated motor. Dont you think if they were going to put one in they'd update to injected?

7. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Who cares, cool car.

8. the-rodster

the-rodster

Yes, it's fake.

The guy took a brand new Mustang, pulled the stock motor and dropped in a Cammer.

These were low volume racing motors sold by Ford in the mid-sixties, their answer to the 426 Hemi.

They were 600HP stock.

It sounded wicked!!!!

Rich

9. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I buddy of mine had a cammer powered Cobra replica, it would flatten you out in the little bomber style seats that car had. Brutal torque and I loved every minute I had riding in that car.

10. Hanksville Hot Rods

Hanksville Hot Rods
    Alliance Vendor
    from Denver-ish

Too bad they can't punch the new cammer motors out to 427!

Hank

11. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Just right. Now drop it off to John Vermeesch at Totlal Performance and let him make some "serious" horsepower with that cammer.:eek: :D

Frank

12. Dakota

Dakota
    from Beulah, ND

At americruise in '94, there was a green 57 ford custom 300 2door post. the licenese plate said Rons427 and it had a cammer in it.

sounded like trhe earth was coming to an end everytime he started it up and rapped it off.

13. Stafford

Stafford
    from N. Georgia

I saw a 50 ford coupe in pigeon forge in september that belonged to a california fellow named Bill Orick, it had a427 cammer in it and it was an awsome car with a lot of history behind the engine . Nice guy and a nice car. stafford

14. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I ran a blown Cammer in my old 32 coupe. Hell yeah, they are a REAL motor. Who cares if they cost the earth.
    The only reason they were a limited run motor was that NASCAR banned then before they made it into a production car. Would have left every other make on the track wondering why they were so "Off the pace"

15. That is BAD ASS!

Sam.

16. Nik

Nik

Got to love a guy who has the nads to buy a brand new car and drop that monster in there.

Nik

17. Doesn't DOVE or some company like that still make cammer replacement parts? Maybe I'm thinking of BOSS 429 replacement heads, but something in the back of my mind tells me somebody is making reproduction FE-427-SOHC parts.

You know, with fuel injectors hidden under the intake and some monster catcons, you just might be able to smog that badboy.

18. farmer_joe620

farmer_joe620

what a waste of a motor...:mad: why put such a rare motor in such a common car? i think that fuckin stupid. that beauty of a motor should have gone into something that deserves it... no some fuckin new mudstain...

19. brandokust

brandokust

Thats exactly what i was fucking thinking, when i was looking at it i was hoping it was just a really well done plastic cover.

20. the-rodster

the-rodster

Kinda what I thought too...

Rich

21. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You know, I didnt even think that much into it.
    Yes it it a waste of GOD's own motor!!

22. Neo Dutch

Neo Dutch
    from OZ

That Mustang is a piece of flat wood that has increments marked on it to assertain the dimensions of an object and also to facilitate the accurate drafting of straight lines onto flat planes.

23. tomslik

tomslik

ohh, like a model A?

he did one hell of a swap and made a "common" car uncommon and yeah, if it were me it'd have efi...

24. farmer_joe620

farmer_joe620

see that right there is another thing that pisses me off. whatsthe point of puttin an vintage motor in a new car and making it all technologially advanced "just so it looks cool"? its a crock of shit. that motor should not be in that car, and it damn sure better not have EFI on it.

now im not meaning to badmouth the mustang comunity, cuz i like mustangs, but this kind of shit fuckin pisses me off. it just like puttin a dual quad 409 in a new camaro. it just isnt supposed to be there. let new cars have there new motors and we'll keep our old ones.

25. tomslik

tomslik

WE'LL keep OUR old ones?
    was that YOUR cammer at one time?

26. silent rick

silent rick

the guy did a nice job. it looks like it belongs there.

27. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

That's pretty cool. Thanks for the pictures Rich! I'll bet a lot of people didn't even notice this car. I would have walked right by it. That's a hell of a sleeper. I wonder what kind of tire smoke you could make with that!! The window sticker is perfect. I think if you stretch the wheelbase, put spindle mounts on the front and slicks on the back and paint it like the Malco gasser!! Lighten up people it's a joke!!

28. 6-71

6-71

The way I look at it is It is his cammer and his mustang,he can do any god damned thing he wants to with it. Sounds like you guys are a little jealous. at least that motor isnt sitting in the back corner of some pole barn covered with plastic bags.he is getting some enjoyment out of it. I personally love the car. besides I dont think a cammer in a model A would ever be traditional.

29. Jim Marlett

Jim Marlett

Strange people would remember SOCHs as sounding wicked. I remember them as sounding quite mild compared to similar engines. I remember distinctly what a shock that was to me when I finally heard one in real life back in the day. A local race shop is helping restore an old Gas Ronda car and the owner was disappointed with the sound. The builder told him the only way to make a good running SOCH sound really wicked is to feed it nitro. My recollection is the same.

30. Bugman

Bugman

Now that I think back, Ford did put a cammer in a late model Mustang. It was the previous body style IIRC. Jon Moss from GM and John Colletti from Ford were each charged with building a car that would beat the others. GM built a Camaro, Ford built a Cammer Mustang. The testing was done for Car and Driver or one of those magazines. IIRC, the Chevy won on the dragstrip, the Ford on the road course.