Register now to get rid of these ads!

Calling all Metal-men - HAMB Chop '06 - So. Cal.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chopped50Ford, Oct 27, 2006.

1. I made a list of tools that I have. Someone let me know if I need to get my roller and brake machines.

If you want to bring duplicate tooling, anything helps. If not...bring your hands, knowledge and a lawn chair.

Hell, anyone know of a band that could come an play for a short while...????

Wouldnt that be cool.

2. skratch

skratch

i say bring the roof and doors.lets make this thing look like a real custom.hardtopped with a merc roof....

3. Someone asked about a date.....

[size=+2] SATURDAY; November 18, 2006 [/size]

Will that work for everyone?????

Map Quest My address:

33938 Avenue I
    Yucaipa, California 92399

PM me for my phone number.

4. skratch

skratch

i'm guessing that's a no.on the hardtopped merc roof..too bad.that would be cool.and use some merc trim on the beltline.

5. 52merc

52merc
    BANNED

down and dirty. try to get the whole club there

6. 52merc

52merc
    BANNED

don`t forget we have a meeting that nite. maybe we can have it there. MR. ED KING OF KNIGHTS

7. banditomerc

banditomerc

If I can get the day off...I'm in.Oh ya..are your neighbors coool? 'cause its gonna get noisy and busy!!!!Look forward to it!:cool:

8. cornernfool

cornernfool

skratch, what I have is not merc, but 52 Lincoln hardtop. I'll bring what ever Norm wants. The roof was promised to a friend to patch a 53 Ford, but I'm sure he wouldn't mind if we use it, and give him whats left of the 50. I have the hardtop doors, but they are rough. What ever Norm wants, he's got. If someone is in the south bay and can help me pull the parts that would be great. Again what ever Norm wants from this thing he can have, just speak up and let me know. Mike.

9. lonely king

lonely king

hey norm,i'll try and make it out there..ill be funny to see my old car get chopped..

10. 5051

I will get the cutting wheels. Anything else let me know.

I'm in if there needs to be a Costco run also. Burgers and Dogs? Carne Asada and Pollo? Bottled Water/Beer/Soda. Let me know.

My vote is for 6 in front and 7 in the rear!

11. Here is a picture of a 52 lincoln

[​IMG]

Not sure on the swap. im pretty much set on the trad/standard way, I might have to chew on it for a bit.

An idea came up with using a 47 plymouth rear window though.

here is a shot of one.

Attached Files:

12. 53burb

53burb

Norm. I think I got Skratch to do his thing there on it! KNUX!

13. awesome!

Now this shoebox flows. But I would rather have the posts.

Hard topping is cool, but its being done alot...My first 50 was hard topped, what alot of work, plus I want all the windows to function w/ the vent wings up front.

Attached Files:

14. skratch

skratch

if you use the hardtop parts then you would have a hardtop.tops of the doors the roof.the trim.it would be like a 51 hardtop.but,it's your car.the traditional way is cool.whatever you want to do.

15. cornernfool

cornernfool

Norm, Skratch, however you want to build the car is fine. But if you want the shit, don't wait until the last minute, its still a complete car. The doors are rough but are complete power window doors, wind wings are there, but door glass is cracked( not that it would have worked after the chop), quarter glass is there along with all the power regulators and mechanisms. We can cut this thing long and wide, and even cut the front cowl out if you like. I just need the windshield for mine. I was going to keep the moldings for another car I have an eye on, but use them if you like, just replace them as you find them. Norm, I will PM you my number if you have any questions, Mike.

16. dirt

dirt

i'll be there. just let me know what you need me to bring. i can bring my air compresser and hose if you want. as of right now the date in dec would work better for me, but let me see what i can do. i'll call you and let you know.

17. FoMoCo_MoFo

FoMoCo_MoFo

Norm,
    I will be headed back from dropping off a car in AZ & will stop by & help out with what I can

18. sweet to all. The more the merrier.

I know the talk of food has come up....

Now would be a good time to make a list of what I should be looking for and for those who want to pitch in.

(a quick note: I didnt expect anyone to drop any cash for an "event' on my behalf. I am prepared to pick up the tab if you do bring food (within moderation of course :)). Anything is welcome and appreciated. LIke I said, I dont want anyone to think im in this for free. :) )

I got a large BBQ...coal burning type.

Burgers, Hot dogs, polish sausage, carne...????? Kabobs? Fish?

As for drinks...not sure how to tackle that one.

19. 5051

Norm-Figure out a simple menu and like I said I am all in on the Costco/Sams Club run. I want to pitch in $$.

This book on Auction is $25.00. A chop in person, I don't even have to read that's worth more to me!

Attached Files:

20. 41 Dave

41 Dave

Norm, I sure would like to come by. Nota metal worker. Can chase tools and provide encouragement. Make a real mean bowl of salsa though ! Show me providing salsa and chips !

41 Dave

21. prime mover

prime mover

want something real different? I got a 40 ford split rear window for you, I had a pic from paso of a 53-54 ford with one grafted into a chop but cant find it now.

22. 5051 - I got the book...and its USED! :) Thanks for the offer...bring it on then. :)
    41Dave - Bring it :) Encourage ment and lots of water too. :D
    Prime Mover: That picture would be interesting to see, but I think the plymouth window would look good too (see previous page for pict)

23. Tetanus Shot

Tetanus Shot

unless i go out of town you can count me in, not sure if i will be of much use but i will do what i can.

24. Any glass guys coming up? It would be cool to have the windshields cut same day. :)

25. slammy

slammy

Sounds good. I got it on my calendar and will try like hell to make it. I've been wanting one of these to come up here in SoCal.

26. Norm, I'll see if I can make it. Sounds like a good time. This should be fun. I'll help any way I'm needed. Mike

27. Artiki

Artiki
    from Brum...

Sounds like a blast. Is there any way you could rig up a web-cam and stream the event? Or even have somebody on hand to take loads of photos and post them as you go along?

28. chevnut

chevnut
    from Corona, Ca

Norm,

Got room for one more, maybe two? I would love to help but rather have you guys school me on this. I'll bring my camera to document some pics and just help out where needed. Let me know brother, sounds like a good time.

Al

29. ratstar

ratstar

Damn after reading this it makes me want to do a HAMB chop closer to me. I think it'd be so much fun coming but sorry I wont make it.

30. abonecoupe31

abonecoupe31
    from Michigan

I wish I was closer to you guys...Cali hot rodders seem to have all of the fun!