Register now to get rid of these ads!

This makes me want to burn MY shop to the ground...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 3wLarry, Oct 28, 2006.

1. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

I have seen that 40 before ... :)

2. GamblinAJ

GamblinAJ
    from Corona Ca

A job in auto racing is not as glamoris as it seems. Of those 102 guys maybe 5 actually go to the track. So to the others it is just like any ol job. As for the guys that do travel that too gets old, im sure they barley have time for a hobbie such as hotrodding. One reason Hendrick has 102 employess is they build most stuff in house. A friend has worked in the hendrick motor shop for 10 years now.

3. Jalopy Jim

Jalopy Jim

I've crewed for road racers, Work hours preping cars, load em up in the trailers, tag team drive 20 plus hours from Monticello Mn to Lexington Ohio just as registration is closing. Get in set up the canopies,cars, and equipment. get a couple hours sleep, work butt off all dat saturday., If there is no major problems get a good nights rest Saturday night, work butt off all day sunday, pack up trailer, ect and 20 plus hours back.

I had nearly 40 years in the sport and do not miss it at all thanks to traditional hot rodding.

4. treb11

treb11
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Obviously a Photoshop job, all the cars have the same number 12 :D

5. publicenemy1925

publicenemy1925
    from OKC, OK

It's not the size that matters, it's how you use what little you got.

6. Zombilly

Zombilly

It's all closed in too, no cross breeze to remove the fumes. Probably not up to OSHA standards

7. tikidiablo

tikidiablo
    from so cal

I thought this was a scale model or something. Anyways a budy of mine knows him and it seems Penske is an alright guy. Good for him!