Register now to get rid of these ads!

Question for metric Countries, gauges

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HotRodDrummer, Oct 26, 2006.

1. HotRodDrummer

HotRodDrummer

Any Idea what this speedo is out of? A friend found it and has no idea what it came out of, me niether...

VDO gauge,, km's,, 12v,,,has 10.52 stamped with a punch type stamp and 11.52 stamped in ink.

It also is stamped W O 95.

Houses the turn signals as well.

Any Thoughts?

Attached Files:

2. Ford Consul ???????????

3. louie the fly

louie the fly

By the style of it I would have thought it's from a pommie car, but then again, most of them used Smiths instruments, me thinks. Maybe it's from a Euro early 60's car or German or French origin.

4. KoppaK

KoppaK

I agree something Euro, Borgward maybe?

5. HotRodDrummer

HotRodDrummer

Any more ideas??

6. louie the fly

louie the fly

Show us a picture of the back. It could even be off a 60's Euro bike like an Ardie or something. It has a similar styling to the smiths cycle speedo of the 50's. How big is it?

7. Long time ago, the guy that ran the Sunoco station near me, had a '49 Buick with a speedometer that went to 160.
    Years later I learned it was metric.

8. Poms still use MPH, although it may be a Pommy car that was sent to one of their more advanced colonies... like Australia. :)

9. If it's small, could it be out of a Euro cycle?