Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Anyone

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TINGLER, Oct 26, 2006.

1. tomslik

tomslik

maybe, maybe not.
    if you're skinny and DO get sick, you'll die quicker.
    or if you're pedalling your ass on the highway 4 abreast, i'll help ya along...

2. [​IMG]

Much Ado about nothing....

Excuse me, my Easy Bake oven just dinged. :)

3. tomslik

tomslik

i work on other peoples cars for a living, hell, if THEY would just clean out some of the 4 year accumulation of trash....

4. striper

striper

Walk. It's a win / win

5. clloyd

clloyd

Like all studies, surveys or polls someone has to pay for them. Most are paid for by someone who wants to sell something or push there own political agenda. And of course those that are doing the survey want a repeat customer. Ask the right people to get the right answers.

6. Abomb

Abomb

Hell, I'm pretty fat, and getting fatter, but I do my part. I just ate one of the tastiest pieces of a cow, and now that cow will never again fart and f%$k up the precious ozone layer. As long as I'm helping the ozone, I don't have to lose weight, I mean how much can they expect one guy to do........

Howdy TN Poorboys, I finally made it to the site where the talk is mostly car talk...........

7. Ole Pork

Ole Pork

GEEEEEEEEEZ........... I turned 60 yesterday, and I'm sure as hell more than a little bit overweight. Ask me if I give a rusty f*&k???? I read the Yahoo article and whoop-de-ding. Some of you people are just way too thin- skinned. You needa get a life...Ole Pork

8. 31modelo

31modelo

Tingler with all do respect you sound like the the smokers who bitch about the smoking laws. If your a fat ass then instead of bitchin like a little girl lose the weight. It's not healthy at all. The charts and alll that stuff is bullshit for the the fat n stupid majority of America. Like cars fuel up cause you need to not cause you want to. You don't stop at ever gas station to top off the car do you?

9. Bud

Bud
    from Orange, CA

I say if you need to lose 100 pounds you have more to worry about than gas prices. Like maybe the cost of heart surgery or diabetic medication or (insert any number of medical problems)............ I am with you Tingler, the lack of logic behind this study is astounding.

10. Brian C

Brian C

HEY!

I'm not overweight....I'm undertall......

11. MIGHTY

MIGHTY

Who cares, I dont know any Hot Rod guys who give a rats arse about MPG shoot then you would start to see more 4 bangin pinto motors in all our cars. Im a big mofo & I got a big mutha of a ride, she is powered by a 348 w/ 6 deuces, Let's go cruisin' the burger joint. I dont care about MPG, MSG, or DOT

12. Mr. Creosote

Mr. Creosote

I saw the same story in the local paper.. I laughed.. But its been something I been thinking about a couple of years now. I've been trying to get into vintage racing with my 67 MGB. And I been thinking... If I could just loose like 40 or 50 lbs, how many tenths would it be good for on my lap times?? To hell with gas.... I just want to go faster.

13. I'll say it, I'll say it "There must be alot of fast cars out there then that are haulin ass"!!!!!!!!!!!:D Gary 4T950 Chevy Guy

14. skumbag

skumbag

my dad says he's so fat when some one tells him to haul ass he has to make two trips! :eek: :D

matt

i know thats older than dirt but it's still funny.....

15. Zumo

Zumo

Lash out! Tingler! Lash out! I gues it would also help if I kept it under 80mph more often too.

16. I don't know, I've heard Burocrats refered to as weight before, or was that dead weight? But when Europe can have cars like the Lupo at a hundred an twenty four miles to the gallon, and the US can't even get fifty unless they add a half ton of sulferic accid, I'd say that might be more in the right direction of the weight we need to loose to get better gas milage.

(just the vision of seeing King George having to work for a living, especialy minumum wage, or even less as a waitress!)

17. KY Boy

KY Boy

I'm sure the automakers would be glad to sell that kind of stuff here. Couple of problems, though:

1. Nobody wants that crap. Honestly how many prius thingys do you see, I live in tree huggin massachusetts and see less than 1 a week.

2. Little cars like that have a heck of a time passing the safety requirements enforced by our hugely useless government. There are plenty of cars in the world that get better mileage than what we get here in the states. Ever been to central or south america? They have little crap boxes everywhere. Problem is they wont pass the safety standards to be sold here. Liberals crack me up. Pass a ton of laws to make cars huge and "safe" and then gripe that the CAFE numbers arent where they should be. It should be my choice if I want to drive a unsafe boxy piece of crap. How am I hurting anyone else by driving a car that weighs 1500lbs?

Sorry you hit one of my favorite rants...

18. 21tat

21tat

News sucks. Fat people rule. Have a great day.

19. This pix comes to mind when I hear this story

Attached Files:

20. Chris Casny

Chris Casny

Americans are fat bastards, in comparison to other countries.
    I guess if you want to go faster and save money at the pump, loose weight.
    I'm working on it, I'm fat.

21. all this makes me hungry I am going for a sack of sliders :p

22. Mr. Creosote

Mr. Creosote

You know how much I have invested in my gut??!!! It took many bottles of beer, pizza and burgers to get it where it is today!!! I aint about to loose it now! The Dr said to loose the spare tire. I threw out the jack and tools too. That should lighten the car up.

23. Hop out, Corky, I'm short of cash this week..........

Attached Files:

24. He has gas is that ok....................

Attached Files:

25. Chris Casny

Chris Casny

You got to get out more, in LA, the PRIUS, is the hot car to have, there are waiting lists. There arent enough Prius' around to fill the demand. And don't even start with the Liberal thing, the Hamb isnt the place for it.

26. Eisenfaust

Eisenfaust
    BANNED

Might wanna work on your spelling, while you're at it...

27. Chris Casny

Chris Casny

Maybe you should change your name to the english version, and drop the german.
    Ironfist, but I guess the "european" version sounds much better

28. Meddler57

Meddler57

The worst part is someone pro'ly got a fat (no pun intended) grant for this useless study.

29. chitbox dodge

chitbox dodge
    from dunlap tn

just another excuse not to give people rides to work. oh wait thats supposed to save gas. somethings flawed in the logic here.

30. I do, and last I checked I am still somebody, which is at least one above nobody.

The Lupo is not a hybird, just diesel. The Prius is one of those cars on Accid, and still only gets about half the fuel milage.

Safety bad issue, and yes there a "b" and a "s" in there. Crush zones, and liver wrenching ticket belts are not safe. The Rondy Rounds have a lot of experiance at making a car safe, make a car ridgit, then hold that occupent in it, and none of that is used in production cars. However big corperations do make money off of selling you new cars, selling you fuel, and selling you pain meds. And if you look at who owns who, hey it all go's in the same pockets.

100% agreed

Sory, mine too!

Eisenfaust, Speallinj, wat T fuk is tat? Surry I's a was edumicated in Amirekan Skoolz, an juzt tooo dmed odl ta gve a sht.

Dreadman, Prius and Insights seem to be most popular in colledge towns no matter where I go in the US.