Register now to get rid of these ads!

40 deluxe nose on 40 pick-up

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BOB JULIANO, Oct 27, 2006.

1. We are putting a 40 pick-up together and are thinking of using a deluxe nose on it. My plan is to graft the front part of the deluxe hood to the back half of a truck hood. Has anybody out there done this???? also how bout a forty deluxe dash into the pick-up?????

2. Have you tried bolting the new front end on?

3. Seen it done and looks good but does not fit in serveral ways. The belt line moulding is not the same for one.

4. greyone

greyone

There was one around Daytona, I have a picture of it somewhere, I will post it as soon as I find it. It was a complete Deluxe front on a truck.

5. DrJ

DrJ

Dan Collins did it about a decade ago

6. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

I put a passenger car dash in one a few yrs ago. not tough but looks bitchin

7. The37Kid

The37Kid

Do it! Just be sure you paint it black.:D

8. greyone

greyone

[/IMG][​IMG] View attachment 237294 Here's the picture, I think Spyder from our area built it, I think he's a Hamber

9. DanCollins

DanCollins

yup

Attached Files:

10. Tsquared

Tsquared
    from Pratt, Ks.

If you can find an extra cowl and firewall ...like an old 4-door donor, It`s a pretty easy conversion... Then the dash will fit, the hood will fit,
    the fenders will fit.

I`ve changed out the cowl in a coupe this way in an afternoon. Just make sure you measure it real close at the windshield pillars, and across the floor under the seat...

It`s not rocket science!

11. mike t

mike t

[​IMG]

Hello, I'm newbie with 39 truck that I put 40 delux stuff on he front. got in way over my head. The rear part of the hood is 40 truck & grafted to the front of a 40 delux hood. I call it the hood of 10,000 hammer blows. Lots of cutting & pasting. Both hoods were junk so I put together the best parts I could & dosn't fit great. I got frustrated with it & called it good enough. Wish I had done a better job because the gap between the hood & cowl annoys me. Good thing I let my grandson pick out the paint scheme. It distracts from the gap.

I think my problem was 39 cowl, 40 truck hood. It should be easier road with 40 truck cowl & 40 truck hood. Still lots of hammer work where truck hood meets delux hood because the shape is different. I removed the reveal that runs down the side of the truck hood because it didn't match 39 lines. not a problem if the cowl & hood are both 40. You may want to paste in part of the reveal to the delux nose to continue the line. I was missing all the hood latch stuff so I filled it & used junkyard VW rabbit fo a latch. the stainless in the center of the hood is 70 someting volvo side trim I also junkyarded.

anyway I'm having fun & enjoy driving it. I'll fix the hood when I paint it again.
    [​IMG]

39 Ford likes this.
  12. Thanks for all the ideas. My plan is to take a good pick-up hood (if I can ever find a good one) and use the back and the part of the sides with the body reveal on it. Then graft the 40 deluxe hood about half way back and come forward around the truck reveal and then back far enought to get the deluxe good bumps to match the deluxe grille. Sounds easy but I know it will me a nightmare to get these 2 hoods to flow together. As soon as I can find a good truck hood I will give it a try and post pictures of it step by step.
    Bob