Register now to get rid of these ads!

Show me more of this car please.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RotHod, Oct 25, 2006.

1. RotHod

RotHod
    from So Cal

Not sure when and where I got this photo from but I love the look. Does anyone have more shots of the rest of it? Very nice!

Attached Files:

2. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

even if it has a toyopet motor (does anyone happen to know what varietal of toyopet that thing is?), it is still a very well executed car.

Attached Files:

3. RotHod

RotHod
    from So Cal

Thanks! Thats what I was looking for. Didnt realize it had a Toy motor but overall I like. I am interested how the rear cross member was grafted on the new frame. I would like something similar on mine.

4. I looked at the photo's, and I don't think it is a Toyota motor. It does not look like any Toyota motor I have seen, I think it is a Quad 4 motor. But I cant see to much detail in the photos.

CBB

5. farmer_joe620

farmer_joe620

man, that thing is bitchin!! that paint is killer!!

and yeah, thats a quad4 and t5!!

6. ambman

ambman

7. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

a quad 4 motor, (sounds much more acceptable than a toyopet motor). Where do i find one of these, are there adapters to go with the T-5 or do they bolt right up?

are there any major flaws with them?

thanks for the ebay link, i'd lost it.

8. Ghostrdr

Ghostrdr
    from Missouri

There was one at the hunert car pile up a year or two ago with a straight eight.

Both are cool

9. buschandbusch

buschandbusch
    from Reno, NV

bet you'll find a bunch in Oldsmobiles at the junkyard. Not a very good reputation, and STAY AWAY from the SOHC versions, UGH :(
    I think they had electrical problems and head problems, the SOHC was an afterthought

Made like 200hp with DOHC?

10. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

if the mill came out of a fireturd, it should be set up for a standard application. i am thinking that most oldsmobubbles of that time frame were wrong wheel drive.

I figured that yanking the cams and having them ground a wee bit might wake that thing up...or atleast make it sound better.

what is the displacement of the engine? (if it is near 2.5 litres, it wouldn't have enough power to get out of its own way in a 4k lb firechicken) but in a 1,500 lb modified it should do quiet well...

11. Ghostrdr

Ghostrdr
    from Missouri

Are you sure your not thinking of the 3.4 V6 DOHC. That engine has 200 HP. I think the Baretta GTZ ahd around 180 HP out of a Quad 4 but only if it had the Manual transmission. All are buzzy and a pain to work on. The Nissan 240 four with rear drive tranny would be a good unit to use, and they were available all the way into the nineties.

12. A jap motor in an American car is a sin.:mad:

13. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Wow, that thing is bitchin!!