Register now to get rid of these ads!

what are these worth?? cheater heads?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by olskool34, Oct 24, 2006.

1. olskool34

olskool34

I just got a flathead motor, 59AB and it has factory looking heads on it which are aluminum, have canada nsn on the front and under the water necks in the back it has stamped WEIAND. Are these worth anything?? Thanks. Oh, and both have the number 400 stamped in the back. Thanks.

Jeff

2. They sound like stockers, but if your not going to use them, let me know. I might just pick them up from you if your willing! (seriously)

3. HEATHEN

HEATHEN
    from SIDNEY, NY

The "400" is the maximum valve lift that the heads can handle without interference. Honest Charley sold a pair of them for $62.75 in 1966, and lists them as having 8.5:1 compression on a stock Ford engine (3 3/16x3 3/4).

4. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

search "Canadian heads" via the search function. Neat stuff, but not worth much--no one is aware of them or the stock equivalent, also popular in racing.

5. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

If in fact they are Weiand "cheaters"...I'm interested in them...... SERIOUSLY.......I take it you want to sell them, otherwise it doesn't matter what they were worth..

6. If they have WEIAND on them, they are not Canadian heads.
    Why would Canadian heads have that on them.
    They are definitely worth something.
    We have tons of "stock" aluminum heads up here.

7. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

That's why they were called "cheaters"....they looked STOCK, but had a higher compression dome...

8. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

They are slightly crude replicas of the circa-1947 Canadian C7RA aluminum heads used on some Canadian 59A type engines, complete with part number and "Made in Canada" logo. They are thicker than the stockers and use a chamber like other Weiand heads. Real Canadian heads are much cleaner, sharper castings, chambers that are slightly smaller than iron Ford heads.
    Both were used by racers, but circle track stuff like these things and the Ford "Denver" heads was little known in other areas of rodding.

9. well put me down also if you want to part with them... :)

10. Automotive Stud

Automotive Stud

I passed on a set sounds just like that, Weiands, almost 2 years ago now for about a buck fiddy. I was holding out for a finned set. I can see why some people would want them.

11. Flathead Youngin'

Flathead Youngin'

Bruce, you get a line of importing Canadian alum. heads, send them to me and I'll use the old style stamps on them "Weiand"

ah, if those are the real deal, that's pretty cool....

i think you posted this over on the msn site too