Register now to get rid of these ads!

Info needed, 51 Ford car

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pist-n-Broke, Oct 25, 2006.

1. I bought this 51 Vicky many many years back. It was totally apart including body off the Frame and just about every Bolt removed from everything. It does run and move now under it's own power so the list of things needed is getting shorter. One thing I didn't have was the stock Ign. switch. I finally rounded up what seems to be the correct switch and parts. Something still isn't correct in that the retainer clip will not pass through the plastic ring with the lettering on it. Is there anyone that could take a close up photo of a stock switch in there dash for me? If there is anyone in the Van Wa. aeria that I could hook up with to look at one, that would be the best deal. I just think something is still missing but don't know what it would be. Maybe I have the wrong retainer ring.
    All info appriceated.
    The Wizzard

2. '51 is the first year for that type of switch.
    And they are the same for a few years.
    Are you sure you have the right switch?

3. Not positive untill I can compair it to one that we know for sure is. It did come with the countersunk S.S. bezel and plastic ring that says Accesory off ign start, also the small ring that locks into the front of the main switch body. All parts look to be correct but the lock ring won't pass through the plastic ring.

4. Will the little collar go on the switch with the plastic ring out of the way?
    If so, you may have the wrong ring.
    I have one here somewhere. If I could find it I would measure it.
    But I have no idea where it is.

5. Both pieces fit the Switch but not in the correct order. It is definatly an early Ford switch with Key.

6. I should say the right generation switch. Can anyone else help out here?

7. Btt for the weekend guys