Register now to get rid of these ads!

Nostalgia Drags....coming soon to Phoenix

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mark Yac, Sep 17, 2006.

1. Guys , The Southwest Nostalgia Drags is coming up soon... Friday, Nov 17th. This is the same weekend as the "Otherguys" show here in the valley, so there's plenty to do around here then.

How about the local clubs? The Invaders? The Sinners? The Rattlers?
    Got any of that hot stuff ready to run yet? We can give you guys special parking and set up some competition between y'all. Let me know what you need and we'll do it.

Here's the link for the flyer:
    http://www.speedworldmotorplex.com/events/2006-11-17.pdf

Mark
    [email protected]
    602-769-0346

2. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

3. Jimmy, We can set you up with a display area for your business, real reasonable. Contact me if you're interested.

4. I just heard that there was a pretty hot 57 Chevy from The Sinners, coming out to play. Any truth to this?

5. Who's going to the Nostalgia Drags next month?

6. hotrodbrad

hotrodbrad

what sort of turn out for the drags do you have? any top fuelers or the like coming out?

7. ShakeyPuddin55

ShakeyPuddin55

I'm trying hard to have my car ready...

[​IMG]

8. Wasahawaiianrat

Wasahawaiianrat

The hype is real! The *LUZR* sinner's 57 bel air will be there! Big Block and all

The sinners will be there in full force to support "coupe chris" a sponsor for the event.

9. ShakeyPuddin55

ShakeyPuddin55

Any pics of the 57?
    Got anything for Puddin?? :D

10. Wasahawaiianrat

Wasahawaiianrat

I saw your youtube of it! puddin is sick! i'll see what pictures they want to show lol

11. Brad, I've invited a couple of Fuelers and Fuel Altereds to come out, and if they show up and make some noise, then we pay their expenses. They are not pre- paid or pre -booked, however.

Fact is , we never know who or what will show up at our races. We talk to alot of people in the months before ,and alot of them sound enthused about us bringing nostalgia racing back to the valley. Some of those guys actually show up and enjoy themselves. Our event last year did really well for a first time deal on a Friday.

We expect to see some more straight axle cars this year, and of course, we'll have the A/FX group putting on a show, and also the high windin' ,wheelstandin' Super Stock cars.

What we haven't seen alot of so far, are the traditional primered hotrods ( ie, the HAMB' ers) . We' ve brought in rockabilly bands, free bar-b -cue parties, offered club group parking, etc, ans so far the response has been lukewarm.

Guys, this is a reasonably priced, fun deal , close to home that sure beats the hell out of the "otherguys" across town, for real hotrodders.

I hope some of you guys can make it this year so we can keep doin' this deal.

12. How's that Shakey Puddin' car coming along?

13. erock805

erock805

soundz great...cant wait!!!

14. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Rotten timing on my behalf, mainly my better behalf. I have to go to a HOLIDAY OFFICE party that night, no ifs ands or BUTTS. This completely bites as I REALLY want to show support for this kind of racing here in town. I love it out there, it's the only old timey drag strip around and we are going to let it dry up! That's OK though 'cause we can stand around at the swapmeets and bitch about how there's no old dragstrips anymore.....

I'm sure the developers are ready to plant some tract homes.

15. SERPENT

SERPENT

The Luzr Will Be Out ,hoping To Get A Couple Of Weekends Practice Before The Event .puddin I Seen Your Shit Its Looks Pretty Fast ,.. YOU LOOK LIKE DIFFERENT Class im just runnin street car ...Sinner Serpent

16. ShakeyPuddin55

ShakeyPuddin55

I dont know what class they will stick me in. As long as it goes straight and stays off the wall, I'll be happy.

17. SERPENT

SERPENT

I Seen The You Tube Of In The Nines Or In The Wall Did It Hurt Much?

18. ShakeyPuddin55

ShakeyPuddin55

Yeah, my wallet.....

19. Mike

Mike

I'll be there for sure. I hope to have my fuel tank/trunk floor problems sorted out on my '57 Chevy gasser. If not, I'll be there with another machine.

20. You can be sure that Mike will show up with a red 57 Chevy anyway!

Here's the link to the updated flyer.

http://www.speedworldmotorplex.com/events/2006-11-17.pdf

Thanks once again to Chuck Corder for the great photos.

21. Yo Baby

Yo Baby

Looks cool but since when is 1981 :eek: Nosatalgic?
    I can almost see 72,almost.

22. Basically, the 25 year old limit excludes most factory fuel injection cars , third generation Camaros, 5.0 Mustangs , and Grand Nationals. In other words, the stuff you see every week .
    I'd like to lower the year limit some day. Maybe I will when I see more participation from the real "old" cars.

23. Look for my coupe to be there and my pops "A" coupe on 32 rails

24. We'll look for you, Ron and say hello. Thanks for your participation. Do you know who else is coming up from Tucson?

25. So far its myself,pops

maybe's= enfo,meatball,kustommetal,

26. Mike

Mike

My gasser is all sorted out and back on the road, so I will have it out there on Friday.

27. ShakeyPuddin55

ShakeyPuddin55

I'm not having as much luck.

We have been busting our asses for the last couple of weeks. The motor fired up again Sunday, but I have a coolant leak behind the motor plate and need to pull it off and fix it.

I'm taking some time off work this week and hopefully it will be ready.

What time will the start letting cars run?