Register now to get rid of these ads!

Should I call and Say "No Thanks"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by msuguydon, Oct 24, 2006.

1. I would appreciate a call, regardless. Espcially if you showed interest.

2. 57wagon

57wagon

Yeah, I'd call and let him know.. I'd want that if it were me trying to sell the car.

3. msuguydon

msuguydon

:D :D :D :D :D :D

4. Digger_Dave

Digger_Dave
    Member Emeritus

I'd say; if you left him thinking that you MIGHT be interested, then like DocJ says, call him and at least say, "Thanks, but no thanks." "I'll pass."

I know if it was me, (selling the car) I would appreaciate it.

5. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well I for one don't give a fuck if someone calls me or not. But then again I can't remember all the cars I've sold, bought, traded, whatever. If you were just lookin you don't owe him shit. If you made an offer then decided not to go for it, handle it. If you think in the future he may have something you want, call him up. If the guy seems to wheel n deal in shit that you might want, getting a respectful relationship started is always a good thing. If there's one thing you need when you're active in the game, it's a good reputation. The only way to get allies on your side when you have something to liquidate. It's all about fair play.

6. The37Kid

The37Kid

YES! By all means give the guy a call, give him an honest reason why you are passing on it. Some day you'll run into him again and be happy you both left on good terms. Just got strung out for two weeks thinking a guy was interested is something I was selling, so I know how he must be thinking.

7. toledobill

toledobill

I'd call -- if he didn't care, he still won't. If he DID care, now he'll know you're not interested. If he's a scammer, who cares -- he's roadkill. If he's a normal guy, he'll feel better.

How can it hurt to tell him you're out of the deal?

I think you're too bound up in your ethical shorts to realize he's just another one of US tryin' to sell a ride.

8. brandon

brandon

what you got? don't be too impressed, I only have a few bills left. last car I bought was only $1700.00. made the mistake of making the offer without cash in hand. gave him a chance to think about it. I'm sure I could have got it for $1500.00 if I started to walk out with money in hand. ended up giving him $1700 after I came back and showed him the 15 he refused an hour earlier.

it's all about cash and carry. be done with the whole deal. had a 49 chevy shell.. wanted $700. dude came by and offered me $500.00. he's in a honda. showed me no cash. if he were in a truck with a trailer or even showed me the money and said he'd be back in X hours with a truck I'd have taken it. ended up selling for $700.00 a week later.[/QUOTE]

its funny how a little "per$ua$ion" makes people get all goofy....you can see it in their eyes.....the line is cast .....the bait is just about to be taken .....just have to reel them in .....the negotiation is the fun of the deal....show up ready to buy ....or walk away ....brandon