Register now to get rid of these ads!

'46 Ford Truck Score at Auction

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by modifieddriver, Oct 24, 2006.

1. Don't know exactly why, but this thing has me all worked up.

So, here's a few updated pics for those interested.

I guess because it's 60+ years old and only has 35,000 miles on it.

I got it unloaded, installed the wood body panels on the rear, wiped down the paint and cleaned the windows. I'm gettin' ready for a Hay Ride :) .

I'm missing the original air filter. I got the original Ford tools and tool bag, heavy duty lug nut wrenches, wheel bearing nut socket and split rim tire tools.

The combined total amount of perforated rust holes is smaller than my small finger nail :D . One repaint and the original headliner is still in it! Roof is perfect (unusual for a farm truck) and there's a few dings. All the window glass is Ford original.

Attached Files:

2. 50flathead

50flathead
    from Iowa, USA

Outstanding score! Well done. Take care of her.

3. nrfleming

nrfleming

i am with you on the old trucks. i would love to have one

4. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Great hot rod hauler!
    Does that thing have the truck flathead in it with the distributor in the back of the engine?

5. The distributor is on the timing case cover and runs off the end of the camshaft. It should have a truck 59L factory relieved block in it. I'll have to check to make sure.

6. kentucky

kentucky

That's awesome. I love the old big trucks. I would like to have one for a junk hauler some day. I have a flatty air cleaner. Let me know if you need it. I don't know if it's "correct" or not but it's better than the one you have now:D

7. Nice score Frank,,,,,:D HRP

8. junkyard junky

junkyard junky

Nice... My dad has one just like that!

9. I don't know what it looks like. There's a bracket off the fire wall that I assume attaches to it. I don't think It's a stand alone piece. We might wanta' trade some pics. Thanks :) .

10. kentucky

kentucky

Mine looks like a big black coffee can:D I'll try to get some pics but it will be Thursday, I'm working tomorrow.

11. I'll be looking for them. Meanwhile I'll try to do some homework as to what they look like.

Thanks

12. seymour

seymour
    from PNW

I wonder if the air cleaner is gone b/c it didn't fit that carb top? Most all the trucks I've seen got the funny, wider top.

13. project40

project40

Very cool, good score.

14. bcarlson

bcarlson

That's sweet! Nice score!

Ben

15. alchemy

alchemy

Thread steal warning: I know where the close cousin to this truck is, and it's for sale. I beleive it's a '46, and has about 20,000 miles on it. IIRC, the price was around $3,000. It has a replacement later flathead (I bet the other seized from lack of use), and it's missing the flatbed. Original dark green paint, and VERY little rust. Located at a used truck dealers in Hazelton, Iowa. PM me if you need more details.

16. Nice truck, I always like those big old trucks, have two COE's to build right now. One (49 Ford) will be a fun little approx 10 ft flatbed hauler, other (51 GMC) will be a car hauler.