Register now to get rid of these ads!

State of the H.A.M.B. Classifieds

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Oct 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crusty Nut

Crusty Nut

You took the words right out of my mouth KIRK. I joined right after finishing buying parts for my A. I joined because of all I have gotten out of this place since I've been here. I've learned a ton, been entertained, bought stuff, sold stuff, ect. I think Ryan has proved over and over where he is coming from. It definately is not about money.
    Ryan, do what you see fit with the classifieds, and it is going to be fine. I haven't been around all that long, but fewer, better quality people wouldn't be a bad thing. Just like most things in life, people only want to complain. If the Hamb sucks so bad, and you are unhappy, then shut off the computer and go build a car.
    To me, even though I could be on the Hamb for free, I want to support it because it is worth it to me.
    Crusty

2. TINGLER

TINGLER

Another idea....

If you're worried about not affording the $50.....

Do it like this: Pay the $50 for your Alliance Membership and then on your first sale add in the classifieds, just tack on an extra $50 before posting the add.

Hell, its not like these prices are set in stone for these old car parts.

If you don't think you can do that....then spread it out. In your first TWO sales adds, just jack the price up $25 each before posting....

Jeez.

I see guys selling WHOLE CARS on the classifieds. You know how much it costs to list ONE car auction on ebay?

I believe it is in the neighborhood of $40 or $50....

Buy an Alliance Membership and shut up already. ;) :D :D

3. Duration

Duration
    from Wayne, MI

Im suprised at the division on this. I only buy or sell face to face so it doesnt effect me. This is a privately run board right? That means live with the rules or leave. Simple and easy. Why argue over it?

4. synthsis

synthsis

not to add fuel to the current mob menality that may or may not get Ryan lynched but don't forget that the Alliance fee is yearly.

5. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

Or.....
    If you can't afford the membership and want to sell some stuff.....do an auction.....I believe Ryan said he gave an Alliance membership for auctions ending over $50.....

6. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Passionate feedback in either direction is welcome fellas... just make sure it is constructive... The non-constructive is really no help at all.

7. Kilroy

Kilroy
    from Orange, Ca

Word... In fact the main reason (Beyond the Neeto Plaque) I ponied up the $50 was good old fashioned guilt...

I've sold 2 cars in the classifieds... Not for huge profits... In fact I lost money... But this is where I wanted to sell them.

I've never had anything worth auctioning and I never sent any donations...

So the $50 seemed like the absolute least I could do.... I figure I still owe...

8. plan9

plan9

i dont understand your logic...
    you dont have a whole lot of money and have a newborn coming, but are building a car?
    and yet... you cannot afford $50.00 a year to use the classifieds? (which calculates to roughly $4.17 a month)

you are going to have bigger problems if this is the case because prices on the HAMB are sometimes only slightly lower than EBAY's prices... especially for speed parts.

i believe this is constructive criticsm because you make it sound as though the best aspect of this site is its Classifieds... the real wealth is in the tech archives and tech posts on the main board.

9. marq

marq

That is a fantastic idea,i have a lotta junk to hock but Auction for Alliance membership or $50 would be a great idea.It could be a number of Auctions ending say at $75 or over or just stump up the $50 sounds a bit fairer to me..............Marq

10. marq

marq

Oh p.s if thats the case i have some more vintage skin mags to go up............Marq

11. Shifty Shifterton

Shifty Shifterton

No, I understand the $50, just trying to emphasize what a magnet the classifieds really are in bringing people to the HAMB. Consider that before someone hands you their money, needs to be a sense of community, before they'll support the cause. You already feel that, probably alot more than somebody who's been here a couple of days. Seems a cool place, more I see the more I like. A year or so and I'll feel that community too. But at 5 posts, not quite feelin it yet. Apparently will just sell my leftovers elsewhere until I do feel it. Which is cool, this is still a worthwhile place, and I'll keep coming back, much to your irritation.

And will choose special over slow. Call me whatever ya want, but slow is one thing I'm not:cool:

12. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.