Register now to get rid of these ads!

FrenZed Ford

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TheFrenZ, Oct 20, 2006.

1. TheFrenZ

TheFrenZ
    from Germany

[​IMG]

Just for fun and for those who like Fantasy Kustom stuff.Still can be done much better but I'm the master of smudge and blur like a very good friend lately called me.

2. speedaddict

speedaddict
    from Austin, Tx

3. That's not real?
    I got all excited for nothing? :( :eek:

4. loogy

loogy

Damn Smudgy, that looks sweet like custom cotton candy. Nice design. Will you be my friend?

5. Could you do a 56 Ford sedan chopped with a shoebox style rear window??Please??

6. TP

TP
    from conroe tx

Definately needs to be built. Perfect design. TP

7. 51Gringo

51Gringo
    from Nor Cal

Hey Frenz, I think you need to move to Paso Robles, Ca. I looked at this pic for a minute, not thinking about your photoshop thing...I thought to myself...I didn't see that thing there. I was right, I didn't. It's ruleing!

8. fiftyfiveford

fiftyfiveford

Thats freakin cool, makes me wish I hadnt sold my 55 :(

9. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Nice looking Ford...the "cruiser skirts" gave it away for me...NOT QUITE perfect...but damn nice photoshop all the same...and nice overall design on the car...

Did you use a stocker to begin with...???

R

10. Janne

Janne

Yes! It is really good looking!

11. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

what did you start with? lets see the original picture

12. Rot 'n Kustom

Rot 'n Kustom

Very nice! The slight blurring gives the whole picture a dreamy quality.
    I think the cruiser skirts make the car - they give visual balance and a bit of visual weight to the tail.

13. UnIOnViLLEHauNT

UnIOnViLLEHauNT

Cant tell if the couple behind it are looking at the Ford or that dudes pants.

14. kustomkolin

kustomkolin
    from Herts UK

Das ist sehr gut,Frenz.

15. Squablow

Squablow

Looks nice, I think a similar year Mercury would look just as good if not better, the Mercs had a neat rear quarter design that would take this treatment well.

16. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

Great looking ride. Gerard's (Kustom??) 55 crown isn't a far cry, and won a Fine 9 at Lead East this year

17. Kustom??

Kustom??
    from N.J. US

Holy cow that looks like the quarters on my car by any chance did you get the idea from seeing my car?????

here's kinda a side shot....
    [​IMG]

18. Wasahawaiianrat

Wasahawaiianrat

frenz what caps are those?

19. TheFrenZ

TheFrenZ
    from Germany

Thanks EVERYBODY for the comments ! Cool to hear you guys like it.

Chris,forever and everever.

56KUSTOM,sorry,can't import other parts into pics.I'm only the "master" of smudge and besides,I wouldn't put a Shoebox style rear window on a mid 50's car as it pre-dates the car and simply wouldn't look right.

Max,cool story.

40StudeDude,the cruiser skirts are everything but perfect.You're right,that's why I said it can be done much better.I'm also not pleased with the stance as I prefer Kustoms on a rake and this one needs to be higher in front but that was simply too much work.This pic took me around 30 minutes and hardest part was to get rid of the misplaced scallops.

Janne,means much from a guy like you,thanks.

Kustom??,the rear end treatment just "happened" while photochopping.The whole car leans forward for that "going fast while standing still"-look and I just wanted to match the rear.

Wasahawaiianrat,the caps would be "shaved" '57 Caddy then...

The original pic was posted by hipstreet lately in the Solvang KKOA Show pics-thread and it already is a very nice car as is,but like already mentioned the scallops are misplaced and I wanted to see how it looks without them and then couldn't stop chopping.

[​IMG]

20. TheFrenZ

TheFrenZ
    from Germany

[​IMG]

Top was chopped,front parts of fenders have been shortened,upper grille surround now flows into side of fenders,simple floating bar was smudged out of the Desoto grille,front bumper was cleaned and also got rid of those license plate bullets and curb feelers,lake pipes were dumped too,whitewalls were "widened" and hubcaps have been "smudged" ('57 Caddy caps are way too busy for my liking),side trim lost those three little spears,cruiser skirts were reshaped to flow with the cars overall design,rear end was lengthened in the bumper area and restyled to match the "lean forward"-look.Tail-light area has been extented for a faster,almost rocket-like look and to make the side trim more part of the car. Scary dude is still there.If it only would be that easy in reality...

21. 51Gringo

51Gringo
    from Nor Cal

OOOh! Can you imagine your design with the Desoto grill that is on the orignial pic....I can.:cool:

22. Well you sure had me going there... Looks just great

Klaus

23. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

When compared "side by side"...I like yours much better...the original scallops do detract, the skirts leaned forward enhance the lines and the grille bar is simpler...the chop lends the whole car a subtle appearance...give me an idea of your idea for the taillights...reshaping the rear fenders would be a ton of work...and if the correct lights are not used, it would ruin the look...but..since this is only an exercise...I'm curious as to what you would have used for taillights...

Yes, if only building a car was as simple as a few keyboard strokes...

R-

24. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

i've said it before, an im gonna say it again now...

you EU guys are buildin some fuckin amazing cars over there :cool:

25. 00 MACK

00 MACK

Tom,The rear treatment of the car is beorgeus and is remakably similar to Jimmy"The Jersey Torch"McLaughlins chopped white 56 Mainline.Although his car had some munged in rolled pan,his rear quarter profile and yours were the same and I loved it then. The Torch ran bubble skirts and 55 Safari trim.Jimmy was a disciple of The Fonz who Im sure had a hand in the restyling.It is a little known fact that the Fonz also had a hand in some of the styling features on a few big time trophy winning Jersey cars.

26. Any pics of that chopped Mainline??

27. TheFrenZ

TheFrenZ
    from Germany

I am as well.I was thinking about a round taillight,typical Ford for that era,just refined,for that rocket-look but don't have any particular ideas,not yet.I know it should be very simple in appearance though.Just like Janne's signature,less is more.Definitely.

I first didn't know what beorgeous is but do know now,thanks for the compliment Anthony ! Always cool to hear some Jersey stories and I'd love to see that Mainline too.

28. 53chevy

53chevy

Smudge or smear, it looks awesome! I see a 54 Pontiac tail light treatment. I would go with maybe a gray tone color for the bottom of the beltline trim. It looks killer as is!

Ken

29. 00 MACK

00 MACK

The B should have been an G and I meant ot say georgues!

30. lonely king

lonely king

gotn any pics of that 56?