Register now to get rid of these ads!

Stolen Off My Coupe At The Pileup!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by LilDuec, Oct 16, 2006.

1. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Hot rods, and more importantly, hot rodders make the world go round. It sucks they got stolen but the world that is the HAMB has again come through. Thanks for reminding everyone why we are here....people.

2. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

Yeah VAP, Very cool indded.

I'm afraid this thing jumped to seven pages so quick your generous offer may have been over looked.

The numbers I showed are a little misleading cuz I forgot about Paypal "getting theirs". I've received, 117.15(after PP fees), of which I just sent 113. to Thirdyfive. 110 for the covers as promised and another three to catch the PP fees again. He's already throwing another ten in for tax, paying freight and sending gaskets so I couldn't see sticking him with the PP fees on top of that.

Whatever else comes in will go to LilDeuc for the scab covers. A few people have asked where to send cash. I'm not going to get into collecting it that way so if you want to send a check, contact LilDeuc direct or send it to Ryan and thank him for the space.

RASHY

3. 8flat

8flat

Hey man no problem, glad to help. Like they say..."pay it forward".

Gary

4. Reggie

Reggie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm getting worried....this super friendly hobby is now attracting jack asses.

5. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

rashy... I'll cover the difference.... pp on the way...

6. LilDuec

LilDuec

yeah Vaphead I'm sorry I must have missed yer offer for the free valve covers. I sent ya a PM about it! Thanks so much again to all of you for this! Thirtyfive just pm'd me and said that he just put the valve covers on his credit card and they should be on the way today or tomorrow! SWEET! Thanks again to all of you!
    Kevin

7. buzz bomb

buzz bomb

Man you took the words right out of my mouth!!!! I really hope someone comes up with a name , it's a matter of time though . We are a small comunity and someone wil spill the beans . And when that day comes I hope anyone close to this piece of SHIT kicks the crap out of him . I'm not one who resorts to violence , but I have no mercy for thiefs .
    Sorry about that dude , at least you stuck around and mae the best of it .

Buzz Bomb

8. HotRodChassis

HotRodChassis
    Alliance Vendor

What the fuck! Stealing valve covers? What's next, come out and your cars up on blocks like at the 'Hood Olympics? Fuckers need their asses handed to them.

9. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

Got it!

Thanks RYAN.

I'm going to close down my end of this and forward the dough to LilDeuc.

If you still want to donate to help him recoup the money he's out on the scabs, contact him direct.

10. titus

titus

Rashy, that 20 was from me:)

JEFF

11. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

Thanks man!

I though it was from the email addy but wasn't quite sure.

Ryan kicked twenty in also.

12. ratface

ratface
    from vallejo

that is so shady.

13. elcornus

elcornus

I just saw this on the fordbarn website, thought i'd share it with the class. I'm not saying these are the stolen valve covers, just a set for sale.

Parts for Sale: Drake 40-47 pk dash insert for VDO GAUGES,01a-9271-sr3. NEW IN BOX, 65.00,JULIANOS door check kit,NEW IN PKG. 24.00/list 30.00. SB CHEVY FINN ALUM VALVE COVERS CAL CUSTOM STYLE.NO HOLES, STRAIGHT PATTERN, NOSTALIA, POLISHED 75.00
    Jeff Hetzer 606-923-5146
    Worthington, Ky USA - Tuesday, October 17, 2006 at 12:01:45 (EDT)

14. farna

farna

Hey Deuce, you didn't have those neat "wing nut" type hold downs on it did you? No need to make it easy on a car with open engine compartment...

It's a real shame that people would be so low. Hopefully not another hot rodder who did it.

15. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

Well?

Did you get them yet?

16. LilDuec

LilDuec

Yeeeeaaaap I sure did have the wing nut type on there!!!! And not once did it ever cross my mind when I was puttin em on that someone would be a fucking coward and take em right off my motor at a car show!!! But I guess they proved me wrong now didnt they? Ha ha. O well man, shit happens, people are stupid, and stealin shit off of hot rods probably will never end!

17. brandon

brandon

who would ever think you'd have to worry about stuff gettting stolen at a hotel parking lot full of hot rods.....last summer at the nats in louisville , someone stole the dual point gm distributor out of my a ......but left the cap and wires....the hotel wasn't really in a bad part of town , so i thought......then i go down to hood in louisville to the napa warehouse.....the one with the 10 foot chainlink fence around it.....and the counter guy tells me i was stayin in the bad part of town .....go figure....oh well can't worry about it .....or you'll never sleep at night .....brandon

18. LilDuec

LilDuec

[​IMG]Ok so I just got my valve covers in today from thirtyfivepickup's company and it sure is nice to see em back on my motor!! Just wanted to say thank you again to all of you for helpin me out! I'm still getting offers for money to be sent to me too! Man.....you guys are top notch!! Thanks again!!
    Kevin

19. 36--Coupe

36--Coupe
    from chitown

1st, Love the Coupe!!!!!!!:) :) As for the sorry SOB that took your covers, I'm not type to wish bad things on folks, but I hope they are now cursed and it has nothing but break down city with his ride! I feel your pain, I was driving a 55 Chevy hardtop a few years back stopped at the local K-Mart ran in to get a couple of things, swear I was not gone more than 10 minutes came out and both bumpers, the tail lights and chrome rings, the headlight rings, all the side chrome and the hub caps, were GONE !!!! and no one saw a thing and this was about 2 in the afternoon!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

36RRC

20. Nick32vic

Nick32vic

Hey, id like to thank everyone too. Kevin is seriously a cool guy and its awesome that we got him a new set of valve covers. No one deserves to get their shit ripped off, but especially him. So thanks everyone.

21. LilDuec

LilDuec

Seriously......Nicks right...........I am cool! Ha ha. Just messin with ya Nick. Thanks alot Rashy for starting all of this too! I might have to special order some of that Lone Star beer to give to ya next year to make up for this one!

22. Nick32vic

Nick32vic

I dont even think rashy likes lonestar. haha. Does he?

23. Tuck

Tuck
    Tech Editor
    from MINNESOTA
    1. Early Hemi Tech

Viva la hamb...
    damn it next year its on... we need a fair line up drag race-
    or are you scared of my flathead... haha...
    1/10 mile?

Glad to see this shit happen-
    and again your deuce rules.

Tuck

24. LilDuec

LilDuec

Oh its sooooo on!! Ha ha. Dude I had a grin from ear to ear when we were goin back and forth down 47!! That was a blast!! We need to have someone take some pics of us at a light or maybe a video of me smokin you!! ha ha just kiddin. Thanks for the compliment about my coupe man!

25. LilDuec

LilDuec

I dont know man, I just figured he did from the 15 cases they had in the back of fltblk's truck when they rolled up!! Ha ha

26. Tuck

Tuck
    Tech Editor
    from MINNESOTA
    1. Early Hemi Tech

YEP- DirtyT was riding with me... haha that was a BLAST!! both dirty and I had shit ass grins for a couple hours after---

I think the highlight of Morris was ripping around town- I was just thrashing it trying to break something- but it let me down... nothing happened. I was thinking either I'll break an axle or throw the trans...

FUN man...
    cant wait till next year.

Tuck

27. guiseart

guiseart

I'd be tying a guard dog to the front bumper for the evening.

28. LilDuec

LilDuec

I had so much fun that weekend and one of em was racin back and forth with you! Its funny how stupid shit like that will make ya grin and smile like a little kid. We'll definately be doing that again! And yes..........FUN it definately was!!!

29. PSYCHOMOTO

PSYCHOMOTO

i have a vintage car alarm for ya

Attached Files: