Register now to get rid of these ads!

Toronto Area HAMB'ers

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RacerRick, Mar 21, 2006.

1. I would be intrested, where and when?

2. Candy-Man

Candy-Man

Some on throw out a date and time, so we can arrange our schedules around the meeting.....

3. Bonehead II

Bonehead II

Where is Waterdown now ?? I though someone told me that they had moved.

4. coupedevil

coupedevil

We are coming up for the US thanksgiving the 3rd Thursday in November and staying till that Sunday. We will be up again for the Christmas Holiday if anyone is game to getting together sometime then?

5. RacerRick

RacerRick

Are you the Don Dolmetsch who ran that battleship 74' Charger? I understand he was out bellville way. If so, everytime I remember I want your book, its out of print!

That rail sounds cool, maybe I can see it when you take it to the strip!

What does everyone feel like a wednesday at a downtown bar?

6. Yep i am that Don D
    Book is still available. it is in its seventh printing and has a 383 400 section as well. I cant get that out of print off my website because sympatico has someone elses password attached to my website and i cant get them to realize that. After 50 hours of trying i just gave up talking to them. I have it on Ebay in my ebay store (Don Dulmage Enterprises)
    Yes i am planning on running the dragster. I made it wide enough for a fat ol boy like me. (30 inch wide inside the seat area. )
    Currently we are running a 426 from a 400 , relatively low buck deal . running 10.60s in an 82 Mirada

7. grumper

grumper

I'm game for a get together. I'm about 2 hours north of T.O. but I tour around a bit for work and find myself in toronto, hamilton and london a fair bit. At any rate I'd still drive for a chance to hang and meet some of you guys. I met Brush at the Nats and Fast Elvis at Chuk's for the whack, but I'd like to meet others around ontario.

grumper

8. Candy-Man

Candy-Man

If some guys are travelling a distance, could it possibly be on a Saturday afternoon / night ? Just a thought.....

9. fiftyfiveford

fiftyfiveford

Waterdown moved to Joe Sam's park, about 2 minutes north of the old location, a little bigger and better parking.

I'd be up for a TO area meet and greet. Not too far away in Milton

10. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

11. NortonG

NortonG
    Member Emeritus

Hey guys, this sounds like a great idea! We just need to figure out where and when. We really need a meet and greet/eat sometime soon. I'll be in Toronto to see The Matadors and The Creepshow on the 27th at the Kathedral. If anyone wants to hang out.

Cheers Dave

12. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

You say that in Northern Wiscowsin and somebody's gonna shoot you.

B:rolleyes:B

13. ProEnfo

ProEnfo
    from Motown

That was an interesting article on the Bantam, do you have any photos of the "driveshaft chassis" ?

CC

14. Flatman

Flatman

Anyone planning on going out to the swap meet in Ancaster next Sunday?

Flatman

15. pistinbroke

pistinbroke

Ok guys, I can not let the cat out of the bag yet... I have been doing a lot of foot work on a project up here, and Brush has given a lot of input and direction as well. This project will be directed toward HAMB members in particular... Progress will be slow right now, but we are looking at late July early Aug.2007. I'll give you more details soon.

16. NortonG

NortonG
    Member Emeritus

Oh man, thats one hell of a tease! Give us a hint. Come on we know you want too.

17. pistinbroke

pistinbroke

Well, I do not have enough info to give you a very good hint right now. I am working very hard to make this happen and to do it right. I'll keep you posted as more info is available. Hopefully I'll have a full info post by December as well.

18. RacerRick

RacerRick

Hows about this friday night? My buddy is bartending at Micky Finn's at College and church. There is parking lot kitty corner to the place that is $5 all night as long as its after 6, and it boarders on the gayborhood so you don't have to worry about the car being broke into or stolen. There is also the cadillac but they do not have much partking. I might go to the creepshow show. They kick ass.

I lived in milton until 2000 - then I escaped!

I am going to see if I can score one of Don D's books so I can put a reliable big block combo in my dart - I saw that midnight mirada run several years ago, and it was in the low 11's with a cast piston/cast crank 400 stroker in it! Neat car.

UPDATE - just found and bought one of the Old Reliable books! Sweet.

19. i might be good for friday night...unless its one of those lots that doesnt allow trucks bigger than 1/2 ton! damn city. be cool to actually sit down and meet some of the local guys.

ive been working like a dog lately so i havent been setting much up but jack look a fumiliar name with a few of us invited me up and told me to bring up a handfull of guys. hes got massive propertiy lined with everything we love and his office houses 3 1932 ford coupe bodies...all orginal. if that says enough. haha. hes always welcoming when im up and always trying to sell me everything he owns hahaha...i sure it could make for a good afternoon before snow hits...i'll have to give him a call if anyones up for that idea. maybe the first saturday in november would work?

oh ya...im going to ancaster sunday...always more good stuff each year. for me anyways

keith

20. pistinbroke

pistinbroke

Well, things are moving along slowly, but still moving along. I was wondering if anyone had any idea on the number of members from this board are in the area? Also, is there any real interest in a get together in the summer? Say end of July? I would like to put something together if there is enough interest.

21. deuceguy

deuceguy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm in North Bay so its doable for me as long as it doesn't conflict with my vacation plans. My car won't be ready but it sure would be a shot of inspiration to get the thing finished.

22. screwball

screwball

hey guys there is always an invite to the Coasters run every labor day Sunday in Cobourg it been a great show. Whats happining with Performance World this year?