Register now to get rid of these ads!

new guy from jersey, trying to get back in it

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by needachev, Oct 18, 2006.

1. needachev

needachev

my name's mike adams. i'm in southern new jersey, just outside philadelphia...my father got me into hot rods when i was a kid and after i got my license i picked up a '54 chevy 4 door all policecar'd out. i made a stupid move and got rid of the car and i've been kicking myself ever since.

i make my living working at a european car dealer, but my heart has always been with hot rods. i've been flipping through the message boards and i really feel like this is the community i belong with.

i hope that the "european car dealer" doesn't throw people off, but i just need to get a chevy and back into the swing of things...

thanks for reading my ramble....

2. burger

burger

where in south jersey? i live in oaklyn, which is pretty much as "just outside philadelphia" as you can get. do you work at the place that just opened up at the intersection of 130 and 168? anyway, welcome to the board!

ed

3. needachev

needachev

i'm on grove street in haddonfield. i'm working at cherry hill imports, porsche service manager....kinda crappy job, but it pays the bills.

thanks for the welcome....

mike

4. NITROFC

NITROFC
    BANNED

Oh shit another Jerzeyguy ... Oh WTF ! .... WELCOME from NNJ.... :)

5. burger

burger

mike,

collingswood is having a cruise night this friday. they're shutting down part of the town so the cars & bikes can cruise around. there's usually a car or two there that make it worth going.

ed

6. gearhead55

gearhead55
    from philly

you sur its not thursday night cause that when ill be there with my chevy..
    full blown cherry is performing there toooooooo......

also i am in south jersey myself..

welcome

7. ol'school1949

ol'school1949

Nice to see more south jersey wrenchers here. I live in Marlton myself and getting ready to restore and Rat out a 49' chevy 2dr business coupe.

8. gearhead55

gearhead55
    from philly

all you fools should come to the golden nugget on saturday......

[​IMG]

9. johnnyboy

johnnyboy

mike... you know stan mankovitch by chance??? he was a master mechanic there for a while....
    personally i'm still hardcore vw myself. brought up chevy and got a killer deal on a ford. had to take it. no regrets. you are definately right on the conversion of euro scene to classic... in my opinion they are both lowbrow. no wings, no vynil decals, just oem plus.
    you have to come out to the show on saturday... it is a must do event. there's even another vw guy in the gang with a 53 mercury. the other gay guy with the 55 chevy that has posted runs the whole crew, and we're right around the corner from you. it is worthwhile bro. if you mess around with the vwvortex... we're tighter than the dci/dubsquad crew.

10. needachev

needachev

yeah man, stan and i are buddies. he left cherry hill recently and is back at prestige now...by the way, i've had enough of those dci kids, 90% of them, don't even know what they're talking about...

had i known about this saturday at the golden nugget before today, i definitely would have gone, but i got some buddies coming into town for some drinks saturday night. if i can convince them to go, we'll definitely be there.

if, at any time, you guys need an extra set of hands for a job or just want to meet and hang out....shoot me an email and i'll give yoy my number...

mike

11. johnnyboy

johnnyboy

haha... so you know the dci crew... i am john-e-gti. i keep the scene alive if you're a fellow whoretexer.
    tomorrow should be good. the guys that put on the hot rod hoedown are doing this little gtg. it's cars, beer at a biker bar, and live rockabilly. it don't get any better.
    awesome you know stan. i know he's been back and forth between places but he is the man. i still tow fellow vw owners cars to his house. his knowledge is envied.

12. johnnyboy

johnnyboy

try to make it out tomorrow and meet the crew. we will be in great form with pitchers in hand and lampshades on our heads. if anything, try to get up to the shop. always a great time up there.

13. needachev

needachev

sorry i missed out on the golden nugget, but i couldn't get those guys from out of town to go.

either way, i'd still like to meet up sometime, where's this shop at?

mike

14. johnnyboy

johnnyboy

it's right off of 168... black horse pike. coming from your way if you were going down 168 you make a right on church street. make a left on elm street. it's the first left. if you go past the 55 caddy, and the chopped wagon, you went too far.
    at the corner of church street is an eckerd. easiest landmark. if you make a left on church instead of a right it turns into blackwood/clementon road. the shop is hella easy to find. we're all usually there everyday, and after 7 is a good time to catch the gang there. you should stop by and have a cold one!!

15. godspeed32

godspeed32
    from socal

im from s jersey too . forked river , welcome to the site im new here too ..

16. johnnyboy

johnnyboy

bro... if you can pick up on those directions... then come out... if you mess around on myspace... check out the deadbeaters. we are out of control. if you're married and settled, you may want to think twice. fair warning. i'm 30 and in 9th grade all over again. fountain of youth i tell ya!!!!