Register now to get rid of these ads!

adapting an automatic

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by coop--deville, Oct 18, 2006.

1. coop--deville

coop--deville
    from tucson

I've been trying to sell off my 1950 packard but my 16 year old has been bugging me about it. I'd love to fix it up for him but he can't drive a stick and I can't bear to remove the running straight eight.

My question is , is it possible to adapt an auto of any make to fit the flat head? Thanks, Steve

2. Teach em to drive a manual.

3. angryj976

angryj976
    BANNED
    from alameda

I found some adapter plates, somewhere on stovebolt. I cant find'em anymore but Iknow they're there. expensive as all hell. like 800 bucks. look around, you'll find em.

4. coop--deville

coop--deville
    from tucson

whats stovebolt?

5. angryj976

angryj976
    BANNED
    from alameda

www.stovebolt.com
    it's achevy truck website
    I was just over there lookin and I still cant find it. I'll talk to my friend tomorrow and see if he remembers what web site it was on.

6. coop--deville

coop--deville
    from tucson

Thanks for your help.

7. You guys really think that stovebolt adapter will work on a packard inline 8?

I might wanna put an automatic behind one of those here soon too, make it a highway cruiser.. I wouldn't think they would be compatable though.

and I thought they were $450, not 800.