Register now to get rid of these ads!

New Project! 1935 Packard 3W Rumble Seat, Suicide Door Coupe! *Pics*

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Slammed88, Aug 11, 2006.

1. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

But ... if the guy has a field full of 32's ;)
    wouldn't you buy a 32 and then SELL it for a ton more $$$ and have the Packard for free ... ?

Lots more buyers for Deuces than 120 series Packard ...

2. Squablow

Squablow

The guy wants the Packard, lay off.

3. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

Who made you the webmaster ??? :confused:

I could care less if he wants a 120 Packard ... :rolleyes:
    But the one he bought is rough ... and If he has access to all these cars that most EVERYONE here on the HAMB would love to own ... common sense would indicate buying the 32's and selling them ... to make enough money $$$ to end up with his Packard for free ...

4. hilbillyjim1948

hilbillyjim1948
    from australia

yeah when you put it like that i suppose i would but nobody sells 32s cheap,so how much would you pay for a barn find 32 or field find 32,i think a lot more than it is really worth,only cause its a 32,australia ia loaded with glass 32s and there is so many that the steel 32s dont even get a look in as they usually arent as good as the glass cars, so most people just walk on by assuming its a glass car with patina paint!

5. hilbillyjim1948

hilbillyjim1948
    from australia

grat score idv gone for the packard as well ,hope all you r dreams for turn into reality ,i reckon the photoshopped pic is great as well ,shiny paint can look cool as well or have we all forgotton that ?good luck,good choice

6. Nice! Looking forward to watching this build. I'd check this out at a show before any 32....
    One final note and opinion, I think it is the color of the photoshop that I and some others here don't care for. make it a nice dark maroon or green and I bet it'll look REALLY nice! Other than that I wouldent change a thing. but its yours, do what YOU want!

7. nice score Mistermuscles. Cant wait to see the build.

Odd end cars are my favorites and yours is close to the top!!!

Keep us posted!

8. 36C8

36C8

Good score! I had talked to this guy Geordie about this same coupe last spring, till he told me he thought he had it sold to someone from LA, so I backed off and bought my Chrysler. At that time he had told me he had sold off all the 32 stuff.

9. richard lechner

richard lechner
    from Ct

I think thats a 37 packard 115C coupe , I am currently building a 37 115C 3WC with a caddy 429, did you ever do anything with the car? Do you have any other info
    on the flames or the custom suicide doors? Rich

10. horny_toad

horny_toad

My '36 Packard coupe, straight axle, wheelbase shortened 11" to accommodate narrowed willys fiberglass nose. (sorry it's dirty - rolled it out of shop to clean up shop but might give you ideas).

Attached Files:

11. dmarx

dmarx
    from Michigan

While the Packard folks will be crying and a cursin', they will take all your spare parts!!! You may have $1000+ in sellable parts when you start customizin'.