Register now to get rid of these ads!

Baby Heaters!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by GMC BUBBA, Oct 16, 2006.

1. GMC BUBBA

GMC BUBBA
    Member Emeritus

After three years of freezing my butt off going from Indianapolis to the Morris pile up , i finally broke down and installed a Hadees heater in my model A. ( a antique store find some time ago) Which worked very well.
    When discussing this with Don Basala ( DB Sprinters Indianapolis) i mentioned the heater discussion on this board a few weeks ago. Donnie said ,i made some of those up a few years ago and didnt sell a one of them. I walked over to see his "Too Cool" heater project and was very impressed with the quality and size of the unit.
    He gets $139.00 for them. Thought it was a pretty good deal.

Attached Files:

2. RatBone

RatBone

I just open the tear in my shifter boot!

3. Baby Heaters???
    I thought this was going to be something about little kids.....

4. GMC BUBBA

GMC BUBBA
    Member Emeritus

forgot the email and phone number for Donnie:
    [email protected] and phone # 317- 727-3161:)

5. 29 sedanman

29 sedanman
    from Indy

Bubba, did you ever figure out the old gas fired heater you had, or is this the Hadeez heater you speak of.

We were out in our Sedan all weekend and it wasn't too bad. My wife deserves the great idea of the week award though. She remembered an electric blanket that you plug into a ciggarette lighter. She bought it for the baby a few years ago and it has been in the closet for a couple years. It will be great for the cold days this winter. I will have it for the blanket run for sure. I am so glad I put an accesory plug under my dash for a cell phone charger...very handy!

How did the new glass help out? I hope it stayed in!!!!

6. GMC BUBBA

GMC BUBBA
    Member Emeritus

Cant ever thank you enough for ytaking the glass burden off my shoulders!! Great job, they worked great.
    The heater is a nos ha-dees that i had new in the box for a while. I do have a couple of the nos gas units that i really dont wish to use gasoline in. Wally and i installed it a couple days before the pile up and it works great! You ought to look at the little heater unit Donnie has over there it could even be installed in another case if ya had a cool idea for one.
    Let me know when you are wanting to do the windshield.
    I changed my rear gear to a 3:00 and it ran really well , 60mph is 1800 rpm. My mpg was anout the same as Scott in the 283 roadster. Great show , make your plans to ride up with us next year, Terry has some room reservations etc.