Register now to get rid of these ads!

1960 Impala 348 Suntan Copper how rare whats are they worth

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by blacufo, Oct 13, 2006.

1. blacufo

blacufo

Dont know much about early Impalas. Looking to see if anyone knows how rare a 1960 Impala 348 Auto, Suntan Copper is? Original owner 58K original miles, paint, int and chrome are still in decent shape. One of those storys, my landlords fathers car, guy bought it in 1959 brand new and past away. Kids arent into cars and want it to go to a good home and know im into cars. Any idea what its worth or how rare. Thinkin of making it the family hot rod, wide whites, glass packs and get down the road. They want 15K, only impalas i have seen for sale are either baskets or nice drivers with 6's or 283's.

any input appreciated.

2. houtex63

houtex63
    from houston

15k is a steal for an original 348 60.

3. hot rod pro

hot rod pro
    from spring tx.

grab it soon!they make great cruisers.

-danny

4. 32chevysedan

32chevysedan
    from Texas

He's right man thats a steal because that was the last year for the 348 because in '61 came the "409". Id pick it up if I was you and could afford it.

5. T McG

T McG
    from Phoenix

You failed to say how many doors it has, or options. If it's a two door, it is a fair deal. If it is a four door, cut the price in half, and it would be more realistic, but far less exciting. 60s haven't really gotten that desirable yet, and may not. I think $10,000 - $12,000 would be closer to the value. 15 would be alright if the car has factory air, or power windows etc.

6. zues

zues

You could still get 348's in 61.

7. blacufo

blacufo

it was a trip well worth it, picked up the new family car yesterday. It has PS, PB optioned padded dash and factory tinted glass, no AC or PW. AM radio, all the gauages except the clock work still. The glass and trim on this car and the interiror on this car are damn near perfect. It still even has the orignial T3 headlamps. Still has the original black california plates with 40 years of registration tags stacked on it. Put a new battery and changed the oil when i got home, thing fired right up and drove it all over town.Best part I found a bottle of Canadian Whiskey from probably the 70s under the spare tire....
    Thanks for the feedback

Attached Files:

8. mikecola

mikecola
    from So. Cal.

Sounds like a good deal. Does it have the 3x2 intake or single 4?

9. blacufo

blacufo

single 4 barrel

10. DrJ

DrJ

Nice car!
    If you were thinking about it, don't fuck with the paint until after you find some to match.
    A friend of mine wanted to repaint his and was told the paint companies don't even make the pigments necessary to blend the color any more.
    You'll have to find som old stock.
    My 60 ElCamino was that color originally..

11. houtex63

houtex63
    from houston

beatiful car, congrats!!

12. Vicious_Cycle

Vicious_Cycle

13. SilentMind415

SilentMind415
    from Stockton

Jesus man, you've just bought my dream car. :eek: beautiful find. Congrats on the new toy.

14. knuckle

knuckle
    from Missery

That thing is beautiful, congrats.

What are the plans for it? Doesn't look like it needs anything.

15. Zumo

Zumo

Oh man, nice car. See, whos says it doesn't pay to be a "car guy".

16. roddinron

roddinron

That is a great find, beautiful car! And DrJ is right, I also have a friend trying to match some old GM paint, and it's driving him nuts.

17. 1Bad67

1Bad67

The only thing that would make that look better is to park it in my driveway next to my highschool ride :)

Attached Files:

18. CruZer

CruZer

That things is a beauty. Don't mess with it. Just drive it and enjoy !!!!
    Wow, you are one lucky dude.

19. blacufo

blacufo

Im just going to clean it up and drive it. i want to eventually paint just the bottom half of the car, and rechrome the bumpers. but it sounds like it may take a bit to find the original suntab copper. ive been through a few cars that I ve had to let go for one reason or another, but i aint letting this one go.

20. Salty

Salty
    from Florida

sweet ride! you done good!!!

Like the others said, I'd leave it alone....possibly lower it a inch or three but thats about it...

21. wrong

22. Very nice. And my fave color combo, too. 15K for that is a steal.

I passed on a car exactly like that except it was a 283/PG car. I only passed on it because I am getting another 59 and my personal preference is 59 over 60.

I think you can have your paint color matched, but find a spot on your car that has little or no exposure to the sun. Some spots would be like on the dash behind the radio bezel, in the glovebox on the inside of the door, etc. That paint on your car is faded. The 60 I was looking at had the front clip off and it had never-seen-the-sun paint on the firewall/cowl under the fenders and it was like... HOLY SHIT that is GORGEOUS.

Congrats! Since you're in NorCal I hope to see it someday.

Travis