Register now to get rid of these ads!

Vegas Rockabilly Rod Reunion 06 Pics

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by boxrod, Oct 14, 2006.

1. boxrod

boxrod
    from Sin City

2. Gerg

Gerg

your link could use some work :)

3. boxrod

boxrod
    from Sin City

4. Just love Melinda. Hey,can't get your pic's to come up!

5. 2_wheel_nation

2_wheel_nation
    from hudson, MA

pics work fine for me...

?????

6. BadLuck

BadLuck

Great pics...not much of a V-dub guy, but that green bus is sick!

7. Some decent rides and some good ideas, but, for the most part, it looks like some sorta cartoon-car-cavalcade.

8. boxrod

boxrod
    from Sin City

The turnout was alright considering that a huge storm system rolled through the Valley from Friday night into Saturday. The news guy said it was a "twenty year storm". All I know I couldn't see my neighbors house at one point and the ground was covered with pea sizes hail. I'm sure a number of vendors and a bunch of attendees stayed home. I'm sure it was "the mans" way at getting back at all the sinners coming in town. Still, it was way better than going to work and saw some sweet honeys too.

9. jimmyfromhell

jimmyfromhell

Wow, looks like I didn't miss much.Now I feel better about having to work all weekend.

10. oso64

oso64

HA HA HA HA!!!!!!! that made my day.i guess nobody knew the ROAD DEVILS have an exclusive contract with mother nature. ha, have a nice day. -jimmy-

11. tred

tred

considering that vegas has two and a half car shows a year, yeah, you actually did miss a good time.
    the rains held off until about 5 p.m., the security was very cool with us, and although there were some total bullshit cartoon cars, there were also some quality ones there too, i saw a few original ideas, plus it's always fun to hang out with a like-minded crowd and to meet more hambers face to face. and that ten-year-old drumer was the highlight of the after party at sam's town! he had to be seen to be believed.

a good day overall.

12. PhatCaddy

PhatCaddy

Thanks for the pictures boxrod. Going to Viva in '07, can't wait.
    Brian

13. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Man there was some mess up stuff there. (and I am not talking about the VW's). There were a few rides I seen in the coverage I like. the white chevy vert was cool

14. flathead okie

flathead okie

Damn you guy's are ruff. Seems to me there were a varitey of cars. The pics were good. Some cars i didn't like most were good. i'm saving these pics too.

15. labelkills

labelkills

We drove up saturday thinking it was gonna be canceled. It rained the whole way up there! But sure enough we got there at like 2:30 and there was an ok turnout.

There were a few great cars there that made it well worth it for me (like that green buick and that bellflower tipped buick). I of course got thought of as a hippy by all the rockasilly "badasses" because of my long hair, but I am used to it from them.

Lots of rods with early hemi engines always pleases me, so that is probably why I liked it.

Did I miss the drag racing or did it not happen due to rain?

16. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Drag racing was canceled because of the rain. Too bad about that, but overall it was a good time, met some HAMBers this year (Ratstar and crew, Tred, Joe, Nate, glad Bean made it out, Clyde, and a few others). I think who ran it broke some of their own rules, but there were still some rad cars, some cute chicks and we really did have a good time overall! Probably would have had an even BETTER time if Nick and his boys ran the show, but understand their position COMPLETELY!

YES! The 10-year old drummer and the 5-year old singing J-Cash ruled too!!

17. ratstar

ratstar

Here is a few pictures from my stash

Attached Files:

18. ratstar

ratstar

Few more:

Attached Files:

19. ratstar

ratstar

and a few more just for good measure. This is not all of my picture either. I have tons more. Let me know if anything peaks you interest and I'll see if I can find any more pictures of it.

Attached Files:

20. axle

axle
    from Drag City

well,.......... i guess the gals were decent looking.............

21. SanDiegoJoe

SanDiegoJoe

and the winner of the WTF award goes to.... This guy.

[​IMG]

It's hard to believe that this is the same car with these cool ass seats.
    [​IMG]

22. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

:confused: Crying right now! What a waste! Loose the rims and tires and other silly things and it would be a whole nother car! I'm guessing the previous owner had a good thing going and then someone came in and add their own "personal touches"

23. SanDiegoJoe

SanDiegoJoe

I shouldn't have been so quick to post...

[​IMG]

and
    [​IMG]

and
    [​IMG]

and
    [​IMG]

and
    [​IMG]

oh, well...

24. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yeah, someone REALLY like to weld, but I'll say this, that thing sounded AWESOME! He came in behind me on the Triumph and it was just earth shaking! :eek:

25. flatblackindustries

flatblackindustries
    from Ogden, UT

And to think, the owner of that car guy is a multi millionaire. I guess money can't buy you taste!!
    We will be posting our photos to our web site tomorrow.
    Check them out later in the afternoon @ http://www.flatblackind.com

Nate

26. ckdesigns

ckdesigns
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Ogden,Utah

It was nice to meet you Ratstar, hope the trip home was uneventful.

I have been wondering about the all the stupid cars (the ones in the past couple posts) do those people actually go look at their car and think that it looks good and do their friends encourage the madness. And what do they call those piles of shit.

27. ratt7

ratt7

Great pics ! :)

28. SanDiegoJoe

SanDiegoJoe

It does look like a potent HEMI alright... that car could be bitchen with just a little work. It has the right stance, the body looks unmolested and that big fuckin engine... lose the grill and you are pretty much set. Maybe swap the wheels for some early 16's.

Oh, well... I'm done bashing. I probably should stop f-ing around on the computer and get back to work on my projects!

thanks for the pix.. there were some cool ones in the batch and it's always nice to see pretty girls on a car.

29. ratstar

ratstar

haha the owner of that rust truck with the green signage on the side was a total queerbait. I caught up to him on the way home from the show. It was a trailer queen. Same with the black one with the six foot high exhaust. Both cars got wasted by the road-master Saratoga.

30. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You gotta' tell them the WHOLE story though man!!! I was LMAO when you told me that story!!! :D