Register now to get rid of these ads!

Horsepower TV a new low

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Sloppyseconds, Oct 14, 2006.

1. Sloppyseconds

Sloppyseconds
    from Pasadena

Did anyone see the "rat rod" they are building on horsepower TV...Im over the whole rat rod thing and hopefully everyone else is too. Problem is they are taking up TV time to build a "rat rod". Well "rat rod"...I dont know...They used a brand new frame, brand new rear end, and brand new complete front end...Nothing helpful at all. Buy buy buy...no setup of anything at all. just bolt togther. No rat and so far a really lame rod. Did anyone else see this episode...what did you think?

2. Flathead Youngin'

Flathead Youngin'

i watched last week when they selected a body...

i was kind of looking forward to this weeks part of the build.....

yeah, they use the term "rat rod"- and maybe it's a littl over used- but one of the Dirty's rods was on the show....it's not a rat rod just a good traditional hot rod......

i see your point but i'm tire of camaros, novas and mustangs......

let 'em build a "rat rod":D

3. highboy_04

highboy_04
    from Kansas

why didnt you just change the channel if you didnt like it?

4. Omega

Omega
    from Mass

They can call it whatever they want, and il still watch it. Theres so few decent car shows on TV so il take what i can get. Ratrod or hotrod or streetmachine...call it what you will, but it outa look pretty kool when its finished....i hope.. =D

5. Flathead Youngin'

Flathead Youngin'

ok, you're right.........yes, I'm glad they are building something besides a 90 mustang but come on, HRTV, BUILD it don't just......never mind......

i'll keep watching like a good little commercial watcher:rolleyes:

6. poncho62

poncho62
    BANNED

The 2 most overused and missused words in hotrodding...............

Rat Rod ...........and ..........Kit.

7. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

I watched it. it was better than some of their "builds"where's Chuck?

8. Chaz

Chaz
    Member Emeritus

Yeah, I found a "brightness" knob on my TV... I tried adjusting it, but the same stupid shit kept coming out of it. Thank God for the On /off one. It still worked.

9. long island vic

long island vic

anyone else notice that the roadster is really a cut down coupe

10. 32chevysedan

32chevysedan
    from Texas

I have watched both episodes and was very dissapointed when they chose to buy a complete chassis that was just a bolt together. At least they did show a good job on channeling but they did go very fast with not much detail, oh well thats TV.

11. Fry

Fry
    from SK, Canada

I must have missed it, I was in the garage building stuff not watching someone do it.

12. I too have noticed those brightness knobs don't work like you would think they would...;)

13. 32chevysedan

32chevysedan
    from Texas

Hey thats not fair, I was eating lunch when it came on, THEN went back outside to work on my sedan.........:D

14. 28rpu

28rpu

They are not called boob tubes for no reason...

15. Yeah, they way over used the word rat. I winced every time and was thinking about what the HAMB reaction would be to all this. They use way to many new parts to be calling it a rat. Although I despise the term, if I had to define it, rat rod would be cobbled together found parts from anything, not just vintage tin and parts. I also tend to think of rat rods as not very safe or well built.
    I do agree that I find this more entertaining than the Camaro and Mustangs they always build.
    Someone asked about Chuck. He took a hiatas to focus on his Chevelle club from what they said on the show awhile back.

16. Crosley

Crosley
    from Aridzona

I have the show Tivo'd, have not watched it yet......... don't spoil the ending for me.

17. Heh, most "roadsters" I see in the midwest are cut down coupes. :eek:

18. roddinron

roddinron

those shows are all about selling parts, I'm surprised they didn't buy a new steel body and soak it in salt water or something. (Morton salt works best folks "when it rains it pours" cha ching $) But I still watch, missed this one though.

19. s.r.i.

s.r.i.
    from Hell

My words exactly, why watch someone live life when you can actually go out and live one yourself? I couldn't even tell you what channel horsepower tv is or if it is a channel or just a show. Must be why English wheels dont have a cable tv hookup.

20. Woob

Woob
    from Falcon, CO

It is what it is. ' was about the best you can expect from sindicated TV. I started to watch the first episode with Diamond Dallas but decided to go out to the shop with a cup of coffee instead.

Wanna see good rod building on your screen?
    Get the Mad Fabricators CD's. {I'm Drinkin' Gas-O-line!}

I did notice that they're accepting applications for a new Powerblock TV host. If you're willing to locate to Nashville you could make a difference. Chip's skinny chick said to go to Powerblocktv dot com.

21. Bugman

Bugman

I missed it because I don't have cable. I wasn't working on my car because I don't currently have a garage or shop that I can work in. Driveway's out to, as I live in a communist community.

22. 51 MERC-CT

51 MERC-CT

The only thing I won't like about the build is that they aren't going to put a flathead in it.:) :D

23. ROADRAT EDDIE

ROADRAT EDDIE
    from New york

Must be nice to have a tv show and get everything donated in return for the promotion....Other than channeling the body {which they ran through too quickly, but i understand it's a 1/2 hour tv show} it's nothing more than an infomercial for the various venders, but i'll be there for the whole thing...Same thing with Bore Coddington.....Don't like the shit he builds but i still look foward to watching it

24. I must have missed it too.
    Is this it?
    [​IMG]

25. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well, I hate to do this, but, THERE'S LIFE OUTSIDE THE SHOP FOR SOME OF US!!!

I only said it loud because you were probably out there grinding and couldn't hear. I think most of the members here tend to work their asses off and look forward to some down time, yet still get the car thing going in that time. Why the fuck not? It just seems a little judgemental to express things that way (as well as "fry"). So by you gentleman's descriptions if we ain't out there buildin with every available moment then what?

I've had a lot of pleasant converation about TV shows related to hot rods in general, and funny thing is most of em are in the shop at home or the shop at work. Hmmmm, I don't recall asking why they were watching instead of...

It ain't all bad guys. I don't wanna flame, but some of us need a lil break. Apparently you had time to read this post tho.

26. Flathead Youngin'

Flathead Youngin'

:eek: :eek: :eek: Bwahahahahaha!!!!

Man, that's the icing on the cake....hard to argue with that...

You're right, so some of us like to watch a little TV. I usually watch my Tivo'd shows on Sunday night (so I don't have to think about the upcoming week) and when I get home with my little girl and she takes a nap........hard to get in the garage during those times.....

27. diggers4life

diggers4life

Oh my god! That old body getting rusty dirt all over the beautiful tiled floor! Now they're wishin' they would of sprung for a new Brookville.

28. Most overused word in Hotrodding is without question "small block chev" (aka bellybuttonmotor) On that there can be no arguement.
    Don

29. poncho62

poncho62
    BANNED

You may have a point, .................but, for the do it yourself guy, they seem to be the way to go.

30. How naive can you get?