Register now to get rid of these ads!

Reliability run in the south Texas hill country

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Crease, Sep 20, 2006.

1. Crease

Crease

Cool!

2. Dirty2

Dirty2

Man the next 3 weekends a going to be a blast !!!! I cant wait.

3. Evilfordcoupe™

Evilfordcoupe™

Yes Blake there will be all that support so you will feel comfortable taking your ride. We did it all for you.

we will have a truck and trailer just incase someone needs a tow back to the event grounds.

Can't wait to see you guys there.

Sandman
    Barons
    So. Texas

He did!!!

What else is he going to drive????? Not the A.

HA HA HA HA

-Jason

4. Crease

Crease

Hey cover boy,

Congrats! You deserve that big time.

5. So what if my flat head is all over the floor of my garage. I will find all the broken pieces and have it running before the event. Heck it's all down hill from my house to the event park all I will need is a little push to get her going. It will be there one way or another!

Sandman
    Barons
    So.Texas

6. two more weeks guys cant wait!

7. triton6972

triton6972

What are the rules for the valve cover race?

8. Not many.............

The racer has to fit inside the 8" wide lane and it has to be gravity powered. ? Uh, well..... thats it. PM me and I will send you a picture of the track. This should get wacky! My kid has one that looks like the Batmobile. We will have some rules for next years show but for now, get crazy.

Se you there.

Sandman
    Barons
    So.Texas

9. LUX BLUE

LUX BLUE
    Alliance Vendor
    from AUSTIN,TX

HAHA BITCHES!!!
    Fixed 'em both!

then promptly broke them again, then fixed them again!

The wagon's "hull" is full o' tools. (mostly because I have been too lazy to clean them out of it.

10. BELLM

BELLM

I reserved 6 rooms @ the Whitten today. Going to Goodguys tomorrow, Kontinental drags next weekend, then the Hill Country 100. Damn good month to be a hot rodder!!:D

11. Crease

Crease

Sandman and I walked the grounds last weekend. Plently of space, lots of shade, air conditioned bathrooms, covered pavillion for the bands. The reliability run route is beautiful.

12. Crease

Crease

To the top cause this is gonna be fun!

13. Slick Willie

Slick Willie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have my lawn chair and a killer gold chain that has a 4" spinning wheel to match my 20" Boyds . I hear that is the direction the show is taking.

Primer does give me hives, but I don't mind so much as long as I can get one of those hipster Barons dudes to rub cream on them.

By the way I challenge Walt to a Valve cover grudge match. Are you down or what?????

Let the trash talking begin!

Slick Willie

14. Crease

Crease

Willie,

Jenna's car will abolish your little Goodwill special! It's not actually built yet, so I feel pretty confident in making the statement.

15. My kid has you all beat. He will be running the Batmobile with action figure driver. His back up car is called Speedy and has a driver for it as well.

Sandman
    Barons
    So.Texas

16. How does the whether look this weekend?

17. Slonaker

Slonaker

18. ChuckleHead_Al

ChuckleHead_Al

Where can I find a listing of what is happening at different times Saturday. I'm trying to find a way to squeeze it in, but I want to make sure there will be something going on when I am there. :)

Slonaker[/QUOTE]

Hill Country "100" Car Show & Reliability Run
    Hosted by the Barons CC

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday October 14th
    River Star Arts & Events Park

• 10 am -- Run leaves park
    • 11 am -- Show starts
    • 2:00 pm -- Valve cover race
    • Show ends at dusk

• $5/person 'walk-in' fee to get into the park
    • $20/car - reliability run, park entrance
    entertainment by:

Flaming Hellcats

High School Caesar

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunday October 15th

11 am -- Meet at the Inn of the Hills and cruise to The Hunt Store for lunch

Park Information
    River Star Arts & Events Park
    4000 Riverside Drive
    Kerrville, TX 78028
    see map

19. Slick Willie

Slick Willie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I am taking both those kids down!!!! I can't wait until Saturday. I'm thinking I'm gonna wear my fire suite just so I feel the part. You guys won't make fun of me. Right?

20. Slonaker

Slonaker

Thanks!

Slonaker

21. Crease

Crease

Matt Hole is playing at a local club Saturday night too.

22. We have a big pavilion for the bands, valve cover race and just to hang out so either way we are looking good.

I can't wait!

Sandman
    Barons
    So. Texas.

23. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

I have to regretfully say that I won't be able to make this event. I really wanted to, and even cancelled a drag event in Houston to make this one. The clutch in my daily is going out and I don't want to risk the trip, and I don't really have the money to spare on a trip since I have to fork over $900 for a new clutch (Ford Powerstroke 4x4).

Hope the show is cool, take lots of pics...see ya next time.

24. Slonaker

Slonaker

Maybe I'm making this more complicated than it really is, but what will be happening in the morning at the site? I don't trust the coupe that far, so I won't be driving in the run.

What is the "show" that starts at 11:00? Is it a band, a car show, or what? I assume the cars won't be back from the 100 mile run after an hour...

I'll have to leave in the early afternoon to attend a wedding. What will be going on prior to, say, 2:00?

Google maps says it is a 90 minute drive from Hacienda Slonaker, and I want to make sure something will be going on during the time I'm there before I drive out. :)

Slonaker