Register now to get rid of these ads!

How many HAMB'ers are goodguy members?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BobbyD, Oct 11, 2006.

1. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Thank you Jim...that always means a lot to me...and it means people are reading GG's Gazette & enjoying it...you too, Django...

And while we are on the subject...I'd be remiss (means I'd miss a marketing opportunity) if I didn't mention the SECOND of my books has been released and available for purchase... "Fast Cars, 4-speeds and Fist-fights" is available from my website or Amazon.com...and if you like the "Banging the Gears" columns...you will also like "Bangin' Gears and Bustin' Heads" ...my first book.

Both books feature social commentary about the 1960's between the "Episodes" and the second book has a fictional story in it...

And Jim...that is the way I remember it...!!!

R-

2. Good Guys is not a bad deal if like somebody said ya look at it as a mag supscription.......they do some kool events on the west coast and since NSRA doesnt do crap out here GG is a way to go, it seems to help bridge the gap between old school and the billetboys by every body hanging in the same area...Me...I've been a member for over 10 years............ dont forget the vintage drags!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. 29 sedanman

29 sedanman
    from Indy

I have been a member for quite a long time. The Gazzette is really good. Especially the Indy coverage issue from this year. Thanks to Kirk it was the first time my car has been in a mag of any sorts. I like good guys as a whole. Allot of people bitch about the price of joining or entering a car but it is that way across the board for the large traveling shows. I look forward to the indy show because of the people I see that I only see that weekend of the year. If you go to these big shows it is impossible to not make friends with others from who knows where. Go and enjoy your self.

4. I've been a member since '94.

5. Salty

Salty
    from Florida

I am, seeing as I can only go to one GG show a year I stay upped in the program, Though as many others have stated I do it for the rag....cant get much better of a mag for the money.

6. yblock292

yblock292

used to be...........This stuff is alot more fun!

7. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

The GG Charlotte show has a couple of very unique features. Two of the reasons I have return many, many times.

My favorite is driving on the track UNDER THE LIGHTS which is WAY different then the GG Kansas City show where you drive during the daylight hours.

The second unique feature is the Thursday poker run to the NASCAR shops. Doesn't get any better then driving thru the countryside in that part of the country with hundreds of other hot rods and stopping every so often to check out a shop.

My only issue, and the reason I haven't gone since I purchased Big Olds, is the time of year. Sometimes the weather was AWESOME (shorts, t-shirts, sandels and top down), sometimes it was bitter cold (with jeans, boots, gloves, hats and no one hanging out at nite cuz it was too cold) I can't take that chance anylonger till I have a top and interior.

I have enjoyed all the GG events I've gone to. Some more then others but they are all fun. How can you not have fun at a car event??

Oh yeah, and the third reason I go is the handsome men running around on golf carts all weekend.:D

8. hemi

hemi

I like them, and go to many of their events.

Wait, I work there.

9. Go ahead rub it in, you lucky stiff.

BTW I'm a member too!

10. KIRK!

KIRK!

They're hot!

11. Grumpy

Grumpy
    from NE Ohio

I've been for 6-7 years. Most of my friends are also members.

12. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

mag is worth the fee. one of the best in the industry. no better place to see a large variety of cars..

I like the GG shows..

13. de-fenders

de-fenders

I've been a memeber for about 3 years now, and like several others have stated the mag is great, and there is a little of everyting to see at the Columbus show (I just made the mag pages for the columbus show this year)Greg:cool:

14. at least TITUS is gone he was truly a dark cloud over the mag...damn now its KOOL.............hope they keep going in this direction

15. williesplace

williesplace
    BANNED
    from campbell

I'm # 9870 Goodguys member I think going on my 15th year.I've seen changes over the years and finnally they got it right!!!!All hale to Kirk!!!:D Now its all worth it.

16. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

im a member and in 2002 i won the goodguys giveaway dodge quad cab sold it for 28 grand and built 3 cars:D

17. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

I've been a gg member for quite a few yrs and go to Indy and Columbus shows. the Columbus show is great. the gazette is still a rag. that's why they give it away

18. hot rod pro

hot rod pro
    from spring tx.

19. ham-boned-ford

ham-boned-ford

I joined for the mag too!

20. Mootz

Mootz

Des Moines show is the highlight of my summer. Great show all around.

Mootz

21. 27pickemup

27pickemup
    from AZ

Im going as usual...how could i not? its only 8 miles away !!!

Im a member too...

Stop by and say hello !!

I need an A sedan to tote the family around in......

Attached Files:

22. BobbyD

BobbyD
    from Belmont NC

So is all the Hamb'ers coming gonna pile up some where, all of a sudden I'm looking more foward to this...........

23. I went to the first Goodguys show in Pleasanaton and all the rest since.

24. J Man

J Man
    from Angola, IN

I am one as well

25. I was a member for a few years and looked forward to the Gazette. It had a lot of good photos and articles. I quite when I kept seeing more and more high dollar kustoms and rods. The gate prices were also pretty high. Maybe after hearing the promos here I should consider rejoining.............

26. 31modelo

31modelo

Hey 36tbird you don't have enough post to be worthy yet in time you to shall be worthy. The Goodguy's membership is a sub to a mag and that is it.Hell it seems to me Ryan takes better care of his alliance member than Goodguys or NSRA as far as any of these memberships go.

27. Joined for the gazette. I like the Delmar show,cause you can un-cork and cruise inside the show.

28. Man is this place going to shit.......:D

29. Salty

Salty
    from Florida

36tbird, its a monthly job, and a damn good one at that

30. spoons

spoons
    from ohio

I'm coming in on thurs. for Ohio. I have a Good time and my coupe was one of the t-shirt cars for GG Charlotte in 2001.

Spoons