Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone use Moser Axles?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by WarpathEngineering, Oct 9, 2006.

1. WarpathEngineering

WarpathEngineering
    from Kentucky

I'd like any and all feedback on Moser axles. Looking to have my Pontiac rear end narrowed and will need new axles. Moser is right up the road but talked to a few guys who made it sound as if they weren't the best choice. They suggested Mark Williams, more expense + freight charges. Sound off if you've got a story.

2. sawzall

sawzall

um.. I sure hope moser is GOOD.. cuz I just put a set of moser axles In .

3. AHotRod

AHotRod

Moser builds excellant axles and complete rear ends. I have used severals sets of axles and complete rear end assemblies in HotRods to Drag Cars and everything is perfect.

4. s.r.i.

s.r.i.
    from Hell

We have used Moser probably 50 or so times, never had an issue to date other then once they left each axle 1/4" long, but easilly taken care of by me.

5. Sutton

Sutton
    from BTR

i have a set of Moser axles that haven't been road tested yet.

Sure hope they work ok, they were alot of $$$.

6. Gasserman

Gasserman
    from Tulsa OK

I`ve run Moser, Mark Williams and Strange Engineering. They are all good ,But I prefer Strange alot nicer fit and finish for the price. Hope this helps. Gasserman :)

7. HotRod31

HotRod31

I just put some moser 31 spline axles in mine a couple weeks ago, after I broke a stock one. Mid 12 sec. Hot Rod, no slicks so far no problems.

Later, Mark

8. Wyle E Coyote

Wyle E Coyote

While Mark Williams is by far some of the best stuff built for severe duty use, Moser makes a fine product for the everyday user. I've installed a ton of their parts and never had any issues at all. If I was building a high horsepower drag car I wouldn't think twice of spending the extra money for the MW stuff.

9. FLAT-TOP BOB

FLAT-TOP BOB
    HAMB O'dex Editor

used them on a 9" i had in 47 ford 20 years ago!

great work and cheap to

10. Mutt

Mutt

I've got a Moser housing and axle set in my '32. No complaints on dealing with them. They forgot to ship the studs for the pumpkin, and a phone call had them sent priority.

Mutt

11. bulletproof1

bulletproof1
    from tulsa okla

its about all we use in our offroad rigs,very happy with everything i get from them..i sell around 60 or so pairs of shafts a year.mark willaims is the rolls royce of axles..for what we do moser is fine..

12. venko

venko
    from DFW

I have 31 spline Mosers in my Jeep and beat on them regularly. No problems yet.

13. Da Tinman

Da Tinman

We built a car that run 4.30 in the 1/8 with moser stuff, its what we prefer to use. Easy to deal with fastest turn around in the biz!

14. 440hudson

440hudson
    Alliance Vendor

We have used several sets of Moser axles and been very pleased. Later, Bob

15. Roadsir

Roadsir

Yep. Good stuff, Great service.
    Had 28 splines, tall tires and 4:56's with a hot SBC. Twisted the splines and changed to 31 Splines from Moser with no problems

16. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

:(

The only problem I had with them is when I had a 9 inch housing narrowed ... I paid to have the lube fill bung and cap installed. When they called to confirm shipment address ... I asked about the bung ... it had been added to the bill ... they had neglected to do it but said they would unpack the package and do it ...

Well ... they did weld it but on the wrong place
    and I had it circled on the housing and had also sent a blueprint ... of where I wanted it ... It was so HIGH ... the axle tubes would have been FULL of lube .

I wanted it at the fill level :rolleyes:

17. racer5c

racer5c

I drove to their shop rom Indy and they made 2 axles for me while I waited. Wouldn't hesitate to do business with them again

18. My brother ran Moser shortened mopar axles in his SBC powered Morris Minor with no problems until he got the car into the 10's.....NHRA made him step up to aftermarket axles and he went with Dutchman because they were right up the road..

19. LORYDER

LORYDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

l got a set of Mosser 40 spline axles with a complete strange center section in the Anglia and l run it on the street with a spool.:D
    They also told me if l ever broke one of there axles they would buy me axles from who ever l wanted as a replacement.

20. WarpathEngineering

WarpathEngineering
    from Kentucky

Sounds to me the I's have it. I've been leaning toward Moser simply because there so close. I hate to have anything shipped these days! I'm also assuming that they do a top noch job on shortening the housings. Not sure if they work on Pontiacs but I think I'll call and see if they are willing to set up my rear end for me. If they won't, anyone know an oldtimer (or newtimer) who knows his way around a '64 Pontiac Posi?

21. 48fordnut

48fordnut
    Member Emeritus

three dragsters, one 168 mph, excellent service. :D

22. rsg2506

rsg2506

They sent me the wrong size axles and then charged me again to correct their error. I wasn't pleased and the owner of the company hung the phone up on me when I tried to discuss the issue with him. :mad: I'll go somewhere else next time.

23. brandon

brandon

they did a pair of axles for my last anglia ...after i broke one that was a old strange....it had a 57/58 ish olds/poncho rear 31 spline.....no problems.....they have done probably 2 dozen rears and axles for us in the past....they did 5 sets of axles and a couple housings back in the winter ....my buddy jim drives up and gets them done.....usually while he waits.....the last time , they did a 8" ford housing with truck ends....and truck axles.....they miscut the axles....and ended up sending me another pair of axles next day .....i would use them again....and will continue to use them .....brandon

24. 50flathead

50flathead
    from Iowa, USA

I used them to cut and respline the axle in my 9". Nice work and fast too. Seem to be holding up just fine.

25. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

I broke one of their axles in my El Camino... of course it was a 26 spline 7.5 GM rear and I was on slicks and nitrous.
    The 9" I have has been used and abused and I have no problems!

26. Retrorod

Retrorod

I have Moser 31 spline axles in my 9 inch, no problems

27. boozoo

boozoo

Don't worry... they have a great rep.

And if they do you wrong, it's about an hour and a half drive for me to go see 'em face to face for you. ;)

28. Shiftee

Shiftee

I have had 2 sets only had a problem with the one set it was a 31 spline in my 55 chevy with 4:56 gears and a spool with a 300 horse crate motor and a 4-speed twisted the spline about a 1/4 inch. I think strange has a lot nicer product.

29. wkends

wkends
    from Kentucky

I had them cut my housing a few years ago, and bought the 31 spline axles. High winding 327, 4 speed, and yes I run the crap out of it, no problems at all.

30. LUX BLUE

LUX BLUE
    Alliance Vendor
    from AUSTIN,TX

all I will say is they will hold up where Yukons will not.

nice stuff!