Register now to get rid of these ads!

Driving your rod to work.....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by SinisterCustom, Sep 29, 2006.

1. Paul

Paul
    Editor

snapped this yesterday,
    just about to break ground on a new job

Attached Files:

2. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

HaHaHa...cool.
    I 'almost' drove mine yesterday.
    Tuesday looks good weatherwise, so I think I'll bundle up and drive it that day to work.

3. Cool-not just driving TO work but using it FOR work!

4. mustangsix

mustangsix

Only in the winter. In the summer it's just freekin hot and it rains practically every day. Not exactly roadster friendly weather most days.:(

5. Thats incredible...sound's like she's an old and beloved friend.

6. I will be driving mine next year and my space is right outside my office so I can watch it all day long.

7. The only time I don't drive mine is when rain is in the forecast. I just haven't been able to find any new 9" wiper blades and mine are at least 40 years old. They more or less just wave at the rain.

8. bradslowmodela

bradslowmodela

im all for driving you trick rods to work. i drive mine all over.
    dig' em up and drive' em

Attached Files:

9. StratoStreaker

StratoStreaker

Drove mine in today as a last hurrah as I'm going to put it up for sale tomorrow.

10. markanthony

markanthony

AGREEED...
    every day, rain and shine...heat and cold... just had a new little guy move to the neighborhood that waits for the bus and waves everyday...and of course he gets a wave and a rap of the exhaust...Have to give these kids something to remember 15 years from now when it's time for them to own their own car...

Attached Files:

11. WAAA,COULNT DRIVE MINE TODAY---RAINY AND CRAPPY:mad:

12. dabirdguy

dabirdguy
    Member Emeritus

When I first started driving my Elky to work I was stoked.

BUT, because I was forced to rush it out on the road AND because of the Road damage (1 tire, 1 dented wheelwell from road debris) and wrassling with constant adjustments I'm not so sure now. I'm beginning to hate her, and she deserves better. I will not drive her out in the salt during the winter.
    Maybe after driving the Lincoln for the winter I'll appreciat her more.

glenn

13. man-a-fre

man-a-fre

Usually at least 3 days a week i drive it to work.

14. T_Bird Guy

T_Bird Guy

I drive mine to both school and work as much as possible. There is no better feeling then cruising in your old car to work and back.

15. defibrillating this old thread cause who doesn't love pushing their rod down the drive at 5 am to keep from waking Mama and their 2yr old just to hear and smell the hum of your rod in the crisp autumn air or make believe your Milner headed to the shop to weld a bumper bracket, like it's '62 all over again? ....Well at least until I get into the traffic of the daily grind or arrive to see the muscle nut's have had the same idea and ruin it for me again.
    [​IMG]
    Me and a couple of my buddies at work bring 'em to work and every now and then it's at the same time. Sure makes for a long day!

16. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Man, back when I was selling R.V. insurance, from Oct. to April I drove the Plymouth rain or shine to Yuma from Phoenix and most nights back, 3 or 4 days a week. That's 180 miles each way. Truth be told that is the only thing I miss about having a "real" job! My favorite always was the sun coming up over my shoulder as I headed West across a huge expanse of dessert, and I always seemed to have the same C.D. playing... A surf compilation made for me by my buddy Elpollacko called "the industrial chassis mix". Few things better in life than the right car, the right stretch of road, the promise of making good money, the right music, and the crisp beauty of the dessert in winter...

17. Graham M

Graham M
    from Calgary AB

This thread is dire motivation to finish my build. WOW.

Im almost giddy thinking about it.

18. Hot Rod Dirty's

Hot Rod Dirty's
    from KY

Really makes the day go by better, puts you in better spirits that is for sure

19. Well said my friend...I should've mentioned the soundtrack to my morning is a mix as well...Cash, Setzer, Carlos and the Bandito's and some version of Miserlou is the one that usually has me checking the mirror's for wailing pigs.

20. sierra rod shop

sierra rod shop

drive my 53 all the time

21. MATACONCEPTS

MATACONCEPTS
    BANNED

thats all I drive, & I drive em all. except when it rains, I drive the chevelle, which is only like 2 days out of the year.

Attached Files:

22. Boeing Bomber

Boeing Bomber

I drive mine every non rainy day, (we actually have many). Came out at lunch one day and a bunch of young girls were posing all over it for their friends camera. When they spotted me walking up to it they all apologized, and I said, "Hey, no prob, just watch the running boards".

23. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

The new version of the Plymouth is getting an amp, speakers and I-pod hookup... Shuffle that thing and hear Surf, punk, big band, Rock, vintage country all seamlessly... no more discman!!! I agree with Miserilou, but other than Dick Dale, the best is still Agent Orange. What a great tune to start the day!

24. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

The '56 F100 that is my avatar was my dd for three years with the Y-block & 3 speed, then another 3 years with the 429 and 4 speed. Miss that truck!
    I'm really looking forward to getting my '51 Ford F1 on the road, not only to drive it but see the reactions I'm likely to get from Pearl Harbor base security. No doubt they'll be kinda leery at first. :D

25. model.A.keith

model.A.keith

when i can...........managed a few this year, usually draws a finger pointing WTF............

[​IMG]

here's my 'scenic' drive to/from work...............great way to set you up for the day ................

[​IMG]

26. Here's mine amongst the other dailies

[​IMG]

Did a massive burn out leaving that day and blew the third member up in the drive on the way to World of Wheels. :D Everyone in the building came out to see what all the noise was.

27. 48FordFanatic

48FordFanatic
    from Maine

I take my Coupe to work a lot. Its about 35 miles up the interstate from her to Waterville, Maine. Always light traffic and wide open road. One of the things I enjoy is taking it grocery shopping early Saturday morning....I get to take a nice ride in the country and get one of my weekend chores done at the same time.

28. tex34ford

tex34ford

been retired about 8 years, but mine is a year round daily driver although last winters salt raised a little hell with wiring in the rear.

29. BCCHOPIT

BCCHOPIT

I get to drive down one of the best roads in CT to get to work so I drive my car all the time.
    We had a customer one day and we went to take him out for lunch and my boss said to him come with me in the corvette (07 Z06) he said no I want to go in the old car. That made my day

[​IMG][​IMG]

30. The HellyDid

The HellyDid
    from Florida

The thing that scares me is how many people around you are on the cell phone not paying a bit of attention....but it's worth it