Register now to get rid of these ads!

2006 BMW M6... made cool

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by graverobber63, Oct 5, 2006.

1. That is one ugly mofo, ok I can appreciate the craftsmanship, but jeezus that is ugly. Did I say it was ugly ?
    And I happen to own a BMW (along with a BMW repair shop), it sits in the shop along with my model A coupe and the '32 roadster I'm building. I love my hot rods, but I really like driving the BMW like an asshole.

2. metalshapes

metalshapes

I dont see why this has to be a discussion about Foreign Cars.

Hot Rod History has lots of Foreign Cars and Car Parts in it ( I dont think anybody ever bitched about the Masarati Chassis & Suspension under the Manta Ray...)

A 06 anything will ( hopefully ) never be HAMB material.

So lets just enjoy the Damn Workmanship...

That still impresses me, no matter what Parts they used.

3. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Impressive work but, yeah.........WHY?
    "or a new Merc" Ever heard of the Hirohata Merc? That was a brand new car when that was chopped, 50 Merc built by the Barris Bros in 51. Like people keep telling me, there ain't a new idea under the sun.
    Doc.

4. metalshapes

metalshapes

Maybe because the guy that can afford to have one built now, lusted after the Stocker when he was a kid...

5. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

On another point, BMW never built an airplane, they built the engines for them. Most famous being the 801 series used in the WWII Focke -Wulf Fw 190 aircraft.
    Doc.

6. tred

tred

and the flip side to that is just because you like this piece of shit, it's a rad car???

don't think so.

i would bet a year's salary that loudpedal's 75 year old car was consistently more reliable than a 2006 bmw is.
    ...and, yes, i have driven one and known MANY people that had stupid problems with their brand new bmw's.
    i worked for a new car dealer for 13 years, i know what the hell i'm talkin' about!
    aside from that, this thing is just haggard!
    a pile of shit sitting atop a nice fluffy suspension.

7. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

wow, imagine that another " check out this amazing metal work" or other wise intresting post turned into drama. surprise surprise

8. glassguyOC

glassguyOC
    from O.C.

this place makes me sad.

those guys did nice work on that car and it kinda looks like a Ferrari California.
    now its got no soul?
    BMW's suck?
    "remember I dont own anything newer than 1968"

what?

those guys in Russia built a beautiful car. We all know you guys are all much more roackabilly and cool than they are but hey, they tried.

at least they didnt paint a stupid skull on the side of it.

9. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey, you forgot the red wheels too

10. Bishop Welding

Bishop Welding
    from USA

Dude, are those spinners?

11. Circus Bear

Circus Bear

That thing is incredible. The workmanship is unbelievable. I'm not gonna get into the new car old foriegn whatever banter. I'm a huge fan of BMW's from the 20's to the brand spankin new ones. I have an old Harley but I can't wait til the day my friends decides to sell his '60 R60. I agree I have heard of alot of problems from new ones but they are still incredible driving machines anyone who has driven one will attest to that. Even a 7 series will bring a huge smile to your face.

12. brandon11130

brandon11130

can somone please photochop some steels and www's on that BMW, its a little hard to see past thoes ghetto fabulus rims. other than that it looks pretty cool.

13. hatch

hatch
    from house

I'm jealous of that sheet metal work.....not jealous like a little girl....(although some around here are.)

14. loudpedal

loudpedal
    from SLC Utah

Oh, I’m sorry, I was under the impression that the title of the thread was “2006 BMW M6 made cool”. I guess I didn’t read it correctly (or was that you). Also I don’t remember discrediting the metal work… …I do remember disagreeing that it was cool though. Not cool. No soul. SORRY FACTS ONLY. Sounds like it drives some of you crazy that not every one is impressed with a BMW. Again, sorry :)

15. InDaShop

InDaShop
    from Houston

I'm impressed by it. Thats a badass new car that "They" the Ruskies gave some soul, character, and lineage to.

I like it!!!!

16. repoguy

repoguy

I never said I liked that car (I don't). I think it's well done, but dumb.

I just disagreed with his assertion that BMW's aren't "real cars".

When it comes to imports, I'm a Porsche 911 guy and will probably never buy a BMW in my life. However, just because they're not my thing doesn't mean they "suck". I've raced some pretty fast M3's.

And as far as reliability goes, and people having all kinds of problems with them? Sure. I think that's par for the course with that type of car. But then it's no secret that performance and reliability have an inverse relationship.

17. Bluto

Bluto
    Member Emeritus

That's funny It's an old photo of Mike's car before he sold it to BMW and they ''Fixed it''

I owned the first one of those built

ACTUALLY ALL THOSE CARS WERE BUILT BY AND FOR THE NSKK not BMW

18. 53chevy

53chevy

You know the saying..........."A wolf in sheep's clothing"

Ken

19. while i think there's alot of admirable work in the project....this is all i can see...
    [​IMG]

20. Circus Bear

Circus Bear

Damn you have had some cool shit.

21. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Man that would be worth some $$!! Too cool.

22. graverobber63

graverobber63
    Alliance Vendor

agreed...

but still the fab skills are pretty amazing you have to admit.

23. Nick79

Nick79
    from Austin, TX

24. tred

tred

go admit it somewhere else!

25. graverobber63

graverobber63
    Alliance Vendor

Tredboy didn't yo mamma tell you if you have nothing nice to say, STFU?

26. 36couper

36couper
    from ontario

There is no way to make a BMW cool. It's sacreligious to use Tri-5 parts on this thing.

27. tred

tred

oh jeez, here we go again!
    your opinion is okay but mine isn't?

you got beat up a lot in high school, didn't you...

28. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Seems like O/T stuff like this just makes everyone edgy and stirs things up. I understand that there is some great metalshaping going on, but this isn't Metalshapers forum. Just my $.02. Not trying to stir things up even more, just seems a little too O/T to not get a bunch of resistance. I appreciate good metal work as much as the next guy, but there is going to be resistance with stuff like this.

Tred... varietybucketmotha'fucka'! :D

29. graverobber63

graverobber63
    Alliance Vendor

I hate foreign cars as much as the next guy, but the quality of the work here is pretty much top notch, and all REAL HAMBERS can appreciate that. I never said the car was nice OR my style, but the work these guys are putting out needs SOME credit doncha think?

P.S. Tred, I was the one doin the beating.

30. tred

tred

ryan's words basically say that the hamb is not the place for such things, so then why can't you respect his site?...