Register now to get rid of these ads!

pics of my 31 ford roadster

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by flying53gmc, Oct 3, 2006.

1. flying53gmc

flying53gmc
    from M-boro, TN

had someone stop by work and take a few pictures of my roadster. I figured I would post them for ya'll to see. It has been my daily driver for the last 7 weeks because my other car crapped out. Rain or shine this baby has to get me to work. I am thinking of selling it to get something a little more winter friendly, but I know I would regret that in the spring. Would really like to find a 49-54 chevy car to drive this winter. Hope ya'll enjoy

Attached Files:

2. flying53gmc

flying53gmc
    from M-boro, TN

here are some more. I built it from scratch. It has the front axle out of my 53 gmc along with the steering column and box. I want taller and norrower front tires and still have a lot to finish on it, but it is on the road and a blast to drive. I glassed all the body togther and boxed an original frame that I got from sparky on here. running a 307 sbc and a 4 speed saginaw with an 8 inch out back using jag coils in the rear. I know most of you hate glass and radials, but I enjoy it and that's all I care about. I'm really racking up the miles on her now and having a blast.

Attached Files:

3. way cool. looks like a fun ride.

4. jalopy43

jalopy43
    Member Emeritus

Great job! Glad to be of help,if only a rusty chassis, ha ha .Drive it all you can,roadsters are fun!! Sparky:D

5. rsg2506

rsg2506

Looks great! Enjoy it.

-Rich

6. TN young gun

TN young gun

Hey man, this is richie from MTSU, i came over to the frat house last year with justin.

glad to see that thing on the road, all you need is a hood and a canvas top and it'll be winter ready!

send me a pm and i'll tell ya about my sedan i finally got ahold of

Richie

7. Flathead Youngin'

Flathead Youngin'

8. Looks like a fun ride- no excuses necessary!
    What size are the back tires and wheels?

9. cruzr

cruzr

two words........................KEEP IT !!

10. Jimmy2bottle

Jimmy2bottle

Nothing Beats A Roadster!

11. roll it, dont sell it.

You'll regret it.

12. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

how have you got that front end set up?

13. flying53gmc

flying53gmc
    from M-boro, TN

thanks sparky, not so rusty anymore. turned out to work great and a good price to boot.

14. flying53gmc

flying53gmc
    from M-boro, TN

they are 285/70/15 bfg radial t/a
    I really love the rear tires and I got them from wal mart special order when I worked there for about $100 each. the rear wheels are 15X8. thanks for the replies

15. flying53gmc

flying53gmc
    from M-boro, TN

I welded plates that I made to the axle to attatch to the radius rods that I also made. I am running a transverse leaf spring like the original, but used one that they sell for trailers and added a few of the origianals leafs to it. I am also using a panhard rod to keep it all in one place. The front rides fine, but the rear is really stiff because it is so light back there. If i am low on gas it rides a whole lot worse. Let me know if you have any more questions.

16. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

oh ok, oddly enough even down to the trailer spring thats what i thought youd done but i couldnt realy see much in those pictures.

good thinking :)

17. Bert

Bert

Good use of the conrod.......I put a canvas top on it and keep it.....I couldnt see the spring either?.....great effort:) ...Bert