Register now to get rid of these ads!

how many 55,56 ford owners

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bdierks, Oct 2, 2006.

1. bdierks

bdierks

How many of you guys and gals have 55 or 56 ford cars. lets see em. post up some pics. and tell what you have done so far to the car. and what the future holds for your car as well.

2. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

[​IMG]

ME! I've got one!:D Just got it recently and I'm all jazzed about it. It will be a late 50s muscle car hopefully with a 368 Lincoln motor connected to the existing 3sp w/OD. I saw the intake system I want at Carlisle...a 57 Merc factory dual quad intake system,...but 3500.00 was a little too much for me.

I've never cared too much for the top of the line tu tone gaudy Crown Vics with all their chrome, but I dig the plain Jane sedans with their dog dish hubcaps. 3 on the tree with OD...lots of fun to drive with the 4.11 gears to let the pipes bark a little.:) I don't ever want to grow up.

3. lucky_1974

lucky_1974

I got this one...it has been a mild custom since 1972. I will change nothing, but it will get redone some day and look the same. 390 3 spd OD, power seats, factory air, power brakes, power steering, cruiser skirts, continental kit, has wide whites now. This car belonged to a friend of my wifes family, she has known it since she was 8. Love this car and will be sold when I die.

Attached Files:

qicvick likes this.
  4. 50Fraud

50Fraud

Here's my '56 Vic. In this picture it looks like a done car, but it's in the process of being re-customized. I agree with Tommy about the overdone trim on the Fairlane series, so mine will have '55 Customline side trim and a '55 grille.

Attached Files:

5. dabirdguy

dabirdguy
    Member Emeritus

50Fraud, you need to get rid of them MERCURY taillights and get some Fords on there.
    Send me them Mercs for my '55 wagon!

Glenn

6. bdierks

bdierks

ya what year taillights are those? they are badass.

7. Roach25681

Roach25681
    from Calhoun GA

Eh I dont have a picture just yet but Ive got a 1955 Lincoln 4dr Custom. Might as well be a Ford.

qicvick likes this.
  8. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

I have a 55 convertible that will be on the road next spring. Jeff

9. Aw man, nice cars y'all!
    55-6s are cool in my eyes now, but when I was a kid, about 8, my dad had a chalky white 56 4dr with a hole in the muffler :rolleyes: I thought that was about the ugliest piece of shit....I was embarrassed to be seen in it.....made him let me out at the school driveway:eek: :(
    NOW, I'm the one with the chalky white Ford :D And it's a 55 8-door airport limo
    I bet Dad wouldn't ride in it with me....and I wouldn't blame him!

qicvick likes this.
  10. Here is my 55.

More Info

Just painted the roof this weekend.

I would love to have a 55 convertible. NICE!

Attached Files:

qicvick likes this.
  11. bdierks

bdierks

Ok, Since i started the thread I guess i should post up my junker. here it is, my 56 victoria. It has a 5.0 fuel injected motor. automatic, Power stering , and front disc brakes. Right now i am stripping down all the paint that is currently holding the car together. this car is a sad story for me. I bought with the intension to be a daily driver. but the more i got to looking the more rust i have found. I know you cant tell from this pic, but trust me , it is really bad. the person who owned it before me was real good with bondo. just one example, The floors looked good when i pulled back the carpet, but then i noticed a few things and started to pic at it a little bit. Come to find out there were no floors. All he did was cover the big holes with duck tape and then smooth about a half inch of bondo over it. and trust me it gets worse. Anyway there she is. LATER[​IMG]

12. carkiller

carkiller

No pics I have a 56 ranch wagon project, (have almost all the interrior parklane pieces) I also have a 56 Courior (sedan delivery) That I have stretched/stubbed, With 56 merc cowl and front floor pan to create my own 56 merc delivery.

13. fiftyfiveford

fiftyfiveford

Heres the old customline, nosed, decked and tunnelled antennas. Just sold it.

Attached Files:

14. fiftyfiveford

fiftyfiveford

15. Kustom??

Kustom??
    from N.J. US

Ok heres mine 55 ford crown vic with 55 plymouth grille,57 chevy fenders grafted in,rear quarters bobbed down....55 pontiac side trim....louvered hood...57 ford hubcaps...all white and black roll and pleate interior..Stock 292, 3 on the tree...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

qicvick likes this.
  16. 50Fraud

50Fraud

'55-'56 Merc station wagon

17. 55fairlane

55fairlane

Here is my 55 Fairlane.
    It's all original with the 223 straight 6 and a 2 speed auto.
    Someday soon hopefully I can swap out that tranny because I drive it everyday and at 70 miles an hour its screamin pretty loud.
    A more subtle paint job is on the horizon too, but for now its a lot of fun!
    farlaine1.jpg

qicvick likes this.
  18. dabirdguy

dabirdguy
    Member Emeritus

I saw a pair of them down here at the Pumpkinrun.
    Plastic --Both parts-- and looked plainer than a '56 Fortd taillight. I'd fab up most ANYTHING before I used them. They looked cheap, even from 10 feet away.

19. chopndrop

chopndrop

[​IMG]

someday, unless someone talks me out of it

20. chromedaddyo

chromedaddyo
    from Ohio

Love them Customlines,
    Sounds like alot of work though, so,,,,, when should I take it off your hands?(LOL) I will be looking for the same real soon,to do in more of a mid to late 60's style.

Dave

21. 61falconwagon

61falconwagon

here's a pic of my old 55. should have kept it but sold it. It had a 390/c-6,9" and a staright axle. Sometime i think about selling my falcon wagon and getting another one

keith
    [​IMG]

22. CedarSpeed

CedarSpeed

mine is a 55 2 dor wagon needs rear pans and rear quarter bottoms the rest is pretty decent other than the front crossmember. anybody ever subframe one? just looking for the best route to get ps/pb and be able to lay frame with it aired out?

engine to be 302 with a c4 or aod just a nice cruiser

wheels will be changed out on a regular basis i'm sure

Attached Files:

23. Kustoms Illustrated

Kustoms Illustrated
    from West

I've had this one for 13 years now. I was going for the Circa '64/'65 street custom look when I put it together. This pic was taken a few years back. Since then I have lowered the ass a few inches and removed a few badges. She's in need of a body and paint freshening up. It runs a '56 292ci Y-Block and a Toploader 4 spd.

Attached Files:

qicvick likes this.
  24. Kustoms Illustrated

Kustoms Illustrated
    from West

Keith, I think I remember seeing this car on ebay a few years back. Is this the one with the early '60s ('63ish) Fairlane taillights?? Please post a picture of them if it is! It is a cool idea!!

25. 61falconwagon

61falconwagon

yep thats it, i sold it then it was sold a few more times. I saw it on ebay and the best pics i have of it i snitched from ebay. I'd like to have it back.

heres the lights
    [​IMG]

26. Kustoms Illustrated

Kustoms Illustrated
    from West

That's it!! What a cool and easy taillight swap! I don't think I've ever seen that done before either! The car has a great stance as well. Thanks man!
    Luke

27. 61falconwagon

61falconwagon

don't remind me :O( i miss that car. I have a set of those tailights for my 61 falcon.

keith

28. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

I had a really nice 55 ford customline....sold it..I want it back!!!
    the new owner has done some nice things...but I want a 57 ford 300 tudor post...yeaa A BAD BOY!!!!

LIKE THIS BAD BITCH!!!!!!!........

Attached Files:

29. I acquired a "barn find" 55 Country Sedan Wagon last May in PA. (see my picture) As of yesterday, the original 272 Y block has been rebuilt. Trying to budget the money and get this baby rolling by summer. Next up, check radiator and starter motor. Needs brakes, exhaust, and engine "peripherals". I'm enticed by a 6v. alternator I've read about. Just want to get it running. It's presentable to drive.

Update 7-28-10...Car is running. I've been driving it all Summer. Just added new taillight assemblies, horn ring, and hood ornament. Still need to get horns working.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 28, 2010
  30. 49SUPER6

49SUPER6

55 Customline chopped 4 inches and sectioned 2 inches, Blue Collar Customs and Phil Cannon get the kudos for all of the hard work. Have been driving it daily so haven't gotten around to doing to much on it lately. Running a 302 with a 5 speed and an 8 inch.

Attached Files: