Register now to get rid of these ads!

1949 chevy with a 6 1/2 inch chop

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by squareonair, Sep 29, 2006.

1. squareonair

squareonair

been working on this..get rolled in the paint booth tomorrow...should have updated pictures soon of it

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. v8minor

v8minor

Oh yea very nice ... 6 and a half thats a lot looks good . I did mine 4 all round .

3. OLLIN

OLLIN

Ive seen a couple with 6 to 6-1/2" chops and I think it looks cool. Any more than that and Its probably too much. Nice work.

4. Blackie

Blackie

Have any progress pics of the chop?

5. Any more and you'll need a periscope!!! Looks killer though, very sinister. Is that a stock rear window layed down, or from a donor car?

6. squareonair

squareonair

its the stock rear window flipped upside down and laid over some

7. definately post some pics of the paint progress. Very nice so far.

8. Stance looks good, chop looks good...lookin' forward to the progress pics. What's under the hood? Suspension setup?

Bryan

9. squareonair

squareonair

has a small block chevy also did a air condition unit under the dash.and its got a mustang front end with air bags and the rear is three linked with air bags...

10. Lucky77

Lucky77

Niiiiiiiiiiice, me likey:D

11. WOW! I think you are one heck of a bodyman! ! will be looking forward to see more updates on this one.:D Gary 4T950 Chevy Guy

12. DrJ

DrJ

Rad!

If that is felt pen on the 1/4 panel sand it all off or it will continue to bleed thru the paint forever, no matter how many coats you put on.

13. chopped52

chopped52
    from the twin

thats a sweet lookin chop, i love the fade away on the chrome, looks great, thumbs up man

14. Looking real good. You might want to consider sectioning the trunk lid, 'cause those chopped coupes always look like a little to bulbous back there...

15. reverb2000

reverb2000
    from Houston TX

that center console is cool...how did you get such good bends?? cut side panels and bend to fit??? I think extending the fenders a few inches looks cooler and kinda gives the same effect of sectioning trunk.

16. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Don't mean to be facetious or callous...but I hope the body is better done than in your first photo in the thread, if you are rolling it in to a paint booth...to paint!!!

R-

17. squareonair

squareonair

its been sanded.and sealed..and re primmered and then dry sanded..
    will get another coat of sealent and then its getting painted..has 15 inch chromie's with 3 inch white walls...

18. 50chevy

50chevy
    BANNED

19. 50chevydan

50chevydan
    from Fenton,MO

Great Chop is there any way that you could post more pictures of during the chop?