Register now to get rid of these ads!

Driving your rod to work.....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by SinisterCustom, Sep 29, 2006.

1. jbon64

jbon64
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

cool ride josh ....how bout more pics !!!

2. Chris Casny

Chris Casny

Wow,sure looks like the yuppie pricks I share the road with.

3. Powerband

Powerband

It's a good feeling pulling up next to a BIG-$ Mercedes, Prowler or the like and thinking any schmuck can BUY that thing - this ride may be humble but they ain't makin' any more of em'.

Powerband :cool:

4. Paul

Paul
    Editor

why all the hate man?

somebody yankin yer dreads?

5. Chris Casny

Chris Casny

No hate here, just a bit frustrated with LA traffic, sorry

6. buzz bomb

buzz bomb

Same with me buddy , white shirt tie and a suit . Looks pretty funny when I jump out at the gas station . But WHO GIVES A FU$CK!!!

Buzz Bomb

7. yea, aint nothin' like getting up at dark 30, getting dressed and coffee'd up, flipping on the garage lights, talking to that car like an old friend, which it really is....opening the garage door and feeling that rush of brisk, cool, refreshing morning air, getting into the cockpit, turning the key, listening to the music of the rumble, putting on the skull cap and flipping the jacket collar up, and backing her out of the garage and shifting into the gears and feeling the wind in your face...smelling the smells of gas and grease...the rosebush we just went by, the landfill next to the freeway, the dairy across the road, the skunk someone else has just hit, listening to the rattles, the gears whining, the exhaust singing...and feeling the shit-eating grin start to appear on my face....its my car and my enjoyment...and I'm diggin' it....

8. You guys who know me,know I drive mine everyday.(waterpump permiting).

9. Custom54

Custom54

Build em & drive em, cool .....

10. dsuriano

dsuriano
    from Calif

That is hella funny. A friend and I used to work for company and we had this sales rep always coming in trying to get some business and would always want to take us out for lunch. This guy was a complete tool. He was sooo slimey so we would make it a point to to mess w/ him. I didn't have anything that ran, drove or stopped at the time, but my friend had a bunch of rusty VW's. He had this Single Cab that tuched the ground and had some crazy motor in it that made the car unsafe at any speed. Anyway, the guy showed up and we told him that we were going to drive this time. The guy saw the truck and almost didn't get in it. He finaly did and half way down the road he wanted to go back and get his car because he said it was like riding in a tactor because he could see the road under his feet. We took him to this Chineese restraunt that was know for making you get the runs. I am not sure why, but he transfered to a different account.

11. Drove Mine To Work Today (sat) Cant Wat Till noon-gonna Take The Scenic Rote Home

12. Bluto

Bluto
    Member Emeritus

Me driving to work....in this case at the top of an English driveway :)

Driving your old cars-trucks-bikes keeps 'em in shape :)

Attached Files:

13. droplord49

droplord49
    from Bryan, Tx

I drive my olds to work a few times a week. Although it is only about a mile form my house.

Attached Files:

14. bigken

bigken

ALL you guys piss me off. I better spend more time in the garage, and less on this damn computer.
    "Get-r-done, GOD-DAMNITT"

15. Vance

Vance
    from N/A

You bastrads! My car is not only still in peices, I work AT HOME!!!!! You can bet your ass I'll drive my coupe every chance I can when it's driveable.

My wife has already been suggesting that I'll be forgetting things at the grocery store so I have to go back, again and again and again...

Still shooting for an early spring inaugural drive.

Vance

16. SO YOU WILL BE DRIVING A GROCERY GETTER?? J/K

17. Vance

Vance
    from N/A

I guess you could look at it that way.

Vance

18. stevilknievel

stevilknievel

I take mine to work on Fridays... it's about a 80 mile round trip. I love it when people ask...
    Is that legal to drive? Of course...
    Does it go fast enough? Yes, 70... easily...
    How do you pay for all if the gas? It gets about 18mpg. I checked one guys car out... mine gets better MPG then his AMG Mercedes!
    Doesn't it break down alot? Once... fuel pump. It was fun asking the guys at the parts stores for a fuel pump for a 351windsor... I got, what kind of car is it in? 41 Hudson... then you get the look... WHAT? Fun stuff...
    All in all, it makes Fridays fun as hell!

19. Cold drivin to work?...well me to, it was all the way down to 68 degrees when I came to work this morning.damn winter must be here!...Damn I love arizona winters...later gentlemen:D PONTIACS RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. fatflatty

fatflatty

this cars last drive was me leaving work in it [​IMG]

21. hot-rods-to-infinity

hot-rods-to-infinity
    from iowa

I drove mine to work for the first time during the summer a 32 mile commute one way, had a blast untill I parked it at work .I work with about 150 guys at a shop only 6 of them talked to me about my car the others were jeulous it took about three weeks for it to wear off them .Now i have something they don't have well i've worked hard for 6 years on it spent $$$ on it were as they have new trucks and a 4 wheeler behind it and brag up what they have only to see some of them cant make ends meet and too find out also that there picking up there new Harley Friday, no I am not jeulous of what they have I 'll keep driving my 93 Mercury sable and wait every day on the ups guy to drop a much needed part thats 70 years old ,but it puts a smile on my face and i'll leave the street rod at home and save it for car shows and eating out on Friday nights.:confused: :(

22. 21tat

21tat

Love driving mine to work. At least twice a week. Check the windows about twenty times a day to make sure it's ok. Looks great in the parking lot among a sea of pretentious european leather seated shiny detailed twice a week high monthly lease payment silly ass cars. Ha!

23. bulletproof1

bulletproof1
    from tulsa okla

i work at a 4x4 shop so our parking lot is full of big lifted trucks and jeeps .and in the mix you see my primered 53 ford car....

24. notebooms

notebooms
    Alliance Member

all i've got are my "old cars" / bikes-- so yeah, i drive one of em to work everyday (usually the wagon.)

i find that the cars really cant be part of your life unless, well,,,, they are. this includes the high times and the low times (like when they break when you dont want them to.)

as for some other "species"....

the poser species will only drive their cars to shows only-- in order to be gay and pose with them to impress their friends.

a trailer queen is an even lower species. they have no interest in driving their cars, because they're not even comfortable in them. instead, they trailer them to the shows in order to be a poser.

the insecure species is one who has to point out they are more hard core than the lower species. that must be what i am at the moment, cause im cheap shotting the posers and trailer queens that i love for entertainment :)

-scott noteboom

25. Tacson

Tacson

Terry,
    Your truck looks outstanding. I have driven mine to work about 3 times. One day my truck will look as good as yours. Donald

[​IMG]

26. dan34

dan34
    from Norway

Haha, I know the feeling and I love it!

Now if only my co-workers could shut up about that I should paint the car and it will all be good :p

27. johnnykck

johnnykck

I drive my '29 model A RPU to work almost every day, I drive the thing every where the only time I don't drive it is when I need to haul some thing, then I'll take my El Camino or some times I'll ride my '57 panhead when I think splitting lanes will get me to my destination faster! But the Hot Rod is always my number 1 choice!

28. 29 sedanman

29 sedanman
    from Indy

Mine is in the parking lot this morning. between my wife and I it probably goes to work 3 days out of 5. It makes the drive in a little more enjoyable.

29. chevnut

chevnut
    from Corona, Ca

I drive mine once and while. I park it next to the high dollar junk my co-workers like to speed around in. you know the tuner imports and the B-Mers. To each is own I guess but I dont see anyone gathering around their cars when they are parked. It's almost automatic that a group will be hanging out there during lunch when I bring mine. really cool feeling knowing your hard work is appreciated. or just cool to know that you they gather just because they dont see these cars around anymore, unless you are a hamber/hotrodder of course.

30. buschandbusch

buschandbusch
    from Reno, NV

the most hilarious thing is when your boss comes over in the morning to micromanage you about some stupid mundane detail on an order he's giving you, only to take a step back cause you smell like gasoline and exhaust. "Oh, you drove the old car today....." :D