Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Rev. Horton Heat and the HAMB

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by El Caballo, Sep 26, 2006.

1. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

These?
    [​IMG]
    :D

2. RF

RF

Close! The frames are correct, but the "cat eye" comes from the mirrored lens with the small vertical break through the center that gives it the cat eye look. Those with a set of Croakies, a Town & Country safari hat, a muscle shirt, Maui & Sons shorty shorts, and Sperry Topsiders (or slip-on Vans) was the hot ticket for 1983. Good thing I was more prone to Levis and concert shirts!

3. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Jeez, having a fashion hangover? Be sure to put your Members Only jacket on in case it gets chilly...

4. RF

RF

Ha ha, more like a flashback hangover!

Oh, and I'll stay warm in my Senor Lopez, thank you.

5. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Going back to the real early eighties, remember those Trans Am jackets? I bet those are hard to find now, at least they are car related...

6. Bud

Bud
    from Orange, CA

Knock it off guys, I'm gettin the shakes. The eighties were a nightmare for clothing.

I do have a Rev concert tshirt done in Roth style with Jim and the boys in a roadster pickup. Very cool. So many holes it has evolved into garage art now.

7. Elrod

Elrod

WOW! There's still a guy selling those NEW on ePay!

[​IMG]

To get it back on track, we'll be at the Rev show next week!

8. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Even though fashion BLEW, I'm sure the Reverand Horton Heat RULED!

9. bustedlifter

bustedlifter

I've seen both and The Twistin' Taratula's would (could) blow The Reverend off the stage anyday of the week,but that's just my opinion.Pistol Pete Rocks! When did you play with them?

10. McFly

McFly

I saw him for the first time in about 1996...the Lunachicks opened up for him at the Palace in Hollywood. Brian Setzer came out and played a fews songs with the Rev. it was rad! I was 18 and clueless!

11. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

HA! Bunch'a fashion whores! When everyone was wearing Vuarnets and Member's Only jackets, I was wearing, well, what I'm wearing now, jeans and a t-shirt. Did you guys also wear the ski jackets and all the lift passes hanging from the zipper, that was cool.

Oh, I did switch to boxer briefs though. They're more comfortable down under.

Big dwarf rodeo is great! Horton Heat does some good ones.

12. sololobo

sololobo

we are very fortunate in nebraska, as The Rev. has been a regular schedule stop, thanks to the fab. music scene in lincoln, ne. Home off the world famous zoo bar, duffys tavern, and knickerbockers. with great turnouts of the hipsters at each show. one of the cats in our car club , the roadburners, multi-talented Josh Dunwoody, singer, drummer,doghouse bass, and a lil guitar. Disgusting. and Joshs 5 yr old slaps a pint size dog house at shows off stage delighting people and charming thier socks off. Jimbo sees him playing and calls him up to play with the band, incredible experience for all the lads name is cannon dunwoody, a real cool young man. Joshs new outfit, The Redline Rockets, they just blew the lid off our roadburner pals open house of a new crib, he and wife virginia did a ton of this project, and it turned out really great. See jeffs coupe powering thru the pylons at americruise in Lincoln, Ne. in the latest Rod and Custom zine. Its a cool cameo shot right in the intro pages. hot rods/rockabilly Hmmm thats my story and i'm stickin to it sololobo R Bla-Bla-Bla- thats my story and i'm stickin to it. sololobo

13. rockabilly_bass

rockabilly_bass

i saw them last week , good stuff man , good stuff

14. fatassbuick

fatassbuick

Hahaha, I met El C and Randaddy in Charlotte at a Tremont Rev show mebbe 8 - 10 years ago, with Randaddy telling me my '67 Barracuda a a piece of shit because it was too new....I saw them about 20 times in Houston along with Dash Riprock, Flamin' Hellcats, Vampire Lovers, etc back in about '92 and '93 at Emo's, Catyl Huyuk(he played disco?!) and some other places who's name I can't remember but were inside the loop (in the "Vato style flannel and cuffed Dickies days", long before the tailored suits I reckon)...I still try to catch them when they come to town, even though the show doesn't change much. Still one of the better bands to go see if ya ask me. The wife and I kinda grew up together on their stuff in a way.

15. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

The Rev is playing here in a few days, on my birthday...but I ain't going this year...maybe next time.

16. hillbillyhellcat

hillbillyhellcat

Never seen Rev. Horton Heat...but did see the Tarantulas recently... I am a bit excited about who's touring in the area this month....SCOTS, Hank III and Wayne Hancock... ;)

17. Kool Kat

Kool Kat

Saw em twice at the Satellite Lounge in h-town. First was after a tat convention where I got my elbow done. Got drunk ta not feel the pain.

Second time I hung out in the bathroom with Jimbo while he did sum lines. Then he and Scott came outside and were diggin on my car and we talked hot rods for about 15 minutes. The Rev was entertaining a "fan" on the bus.

Good times.

18. NADS, thanks for lettin' me ride in your 34' coupe on the way home, it is one vicious ride, can't even hear yourself think, and I think I lost all my fillings going over those pot-holes! :eek: Had a smile on my face the whole way home!! :D Hope to post some of my pics from that nite's cruise as soon as I get home from Atalanta. Show was pretty cool too, Not sure what to make of the opening band; The Horror Pops.
    JT

19. hot-rod roadster

hot-rod roadster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

I remember that, seems Jimbo gave Cannon a dollar as his first payed gig. He was pretty exited. Gary

20. Nice story. I interviewed the Rev years ago in Detroit when he played a show at the State Theater. I was in college, and was the "alt. country" music director at our college radio station. Must have been 97 or so...

He's a real down to earth fella.

21. Hmmmmmmm. the last time I saw him was in Tucson ( Club Congress )on a July 4. He was so freaking drunk he couldn't sing or play. Yeah, great. When do I get my 20 back? Nothing worse than an unprofessional performer.

22. slick64

slick64
    from Mobile, AL

Awsome show last night. The Horror Pops opened for rev and they kicked ass. Reverend almost got into a fight on stage because some jackass threw beer on him. I knew it was on when he took his guitar off. The guy came up on stage and almost got beat down. He was about 6'3" and 250lbs but didn't have a chance against the pissed off crowd. took about 4 guys to get him out of the bar. What a douche.

Great show!

MIke

23. Clyde

Clyde
    from Las Vegas

The Rev. puts on one of the best live shows I have ever seen. It is amazing how full their sound is for a three piece band. Living here in Vegas, I get the pleasure of seeing the Rev. 1 or 2 times a year for the last 7 years. They are great every time I see them.

24. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You need to keep me posted on when they come. I always miss them for some reason! :mad:

25. not otis

not otis
    BANNED
    from omaha

yep, it was his first paying gig. it was so hot in that bar that night that the rev put it on the top of his "heat list" on the RHH web site. cannon was only 3 years old and he stood right next to me for the entire opening act and was on stage playing next to jimbo all night. he was a real trooper. jimbo signed his little bass for him, gave him a buck for playing, and gave us his cell phone number. he is a top notch guy. you really couldn't ask to meet a nicer cat. we had a great time that night. here are some pictures.
    (thanks for the props sololobo)

Attached Files:

26. GamblinAJ

GamblinAJ
    from Corona Ca

Talk about dating yourself, shit it was around 89 or 90 I saw The Rev along with The Screaming Trees, Soundgarden and Nirvana on a Sub Pop Tour in a club somewhere in San Diego. Followed with a night that was "Mas Chingon" in Tijuana with mucho coca.........

27. *HOLLYWOOD*53

*HOLLYWOOD*53

they will be here in houston tommrow

28. They used to do a gig every year at a little place named "Call The Office" in London, Ontario. I caught them two years in a row and bought all their CD's. They really rock, and that Jimbo is a show of his own. For some reason they have bypassed London last couple of years. What's up with that Rev.? You have a lot of fans up here that would love to see you perform. Name the place and we'll fill it.

29. ambman

ambman

I've seen them play quite a few times, last time I saw them was last year, they played in Ann Arbor on a weeknight and there wasn't much of a crowd but they played a great set and they seemed to be having a great time. He was telling jokes and such, it was great show and I went with a friend who never saw them and was blown away. Looks like this time around the closest they come to Detroit is Cleveland.

30. Scrap Heap

Scrap Heap

Took my son to his first concert , The Rev at House of Blues early this year. He took requests from the audience. Best gig I've ever been to!