Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Rockabilly Rod Reunion 06 VEGAS

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Scrap Iron, Sep 26, 2006.

1. Anyone from the Phoenix/Tucson area going? I will be leaving sometime Fri the 13:eek: mid morning or noonish, if anyone wants to cruz up around the speed limit. the more the better. Also may have room to split if needed. let me know

This is a kick ass time

http://www.rockabillyrodreunion.com/

Saturday, Oct. 14, 2006
    9 a.m. - 7 p.m.
    The Strip at Las Vegas Motor Speedway
    Traditional '60s-style hot rod car show. Kool kustoms. Nothing newer than '65!
    No billet!
    Celebrity pin-up girls and $500-to-win pin-up girl contest.
    Live bands and DJ "Flat-top Tom"
    Huge swap meet!
    Nostalgia drag racing!

2006 Spectator Admission Prices:
    Adults: $15

Kids (6-12): $6

5 and under: Free

Parking: Free

1 ticket gets you a full day of drag racing…stick around for
    bracket drags from 7-11 p.m.

For More Information
    (702) 632-8213
    [email protected]
    Hotel Info

Sam's Town Hotel and Gambling Hall
    www.samstownlv.com

The legendary Sam's Town Hotel and Gambling Hall will be the official host hotel for the 2006 Rockabilly Rod Reunion. This incredible facility will also host the Friday night kick-off party, pre-event registration and the Saturday night wrap-up show.

Room reservations: 877-593-5993

2. MonsterMaker

MonsterMaker

We have nothing to do with that show anymore, so none of us will be there.

We'll likely be at the Lucky Bastards show on the 14th

3. dave s

dave s

where is the lucky bastards show at?

4. MonsterMaker

MonsterMaker

5. tatts

tatts

that suck those bastards from the speedway pushed you guys out of that show was on its way to being great. corporate greed at its best.

6. MonsterMaker

MonsterMaker

We werent pushed out....we walked out, stepped away due to creative differences in how the show should be run

I am sure it will still be a decent show, it seems they are using alot of ideas I gave them still......we just have nothing to do with it anymore, nor will we support it.

7. TexV2

TexV2
    from Nor-Cal

I'll be at the Lucky Bastards show the 14th and then it's on to Jimmy's on the 15th. Come out and support your local fellas that do it for the right reasons.

8. vicsinner

vicsinner

I'm either goin to hunnert car or the lucky bastards myself depends on which way the snow is blowin in mile hi that week.

9. TexV2

TexV2
    from Nor-Cal

Vic....I would suggest that you get your ass out here and join us at the Lucky Bastards show. Everyone else seems to get some Vic love except us Nor-Cal boys...

10. vicsinner

vicsinner

Well gee man I tried to give norcal some love once but i picked a bad weekend everyone was out of course it ended up bein the weirdest christmas of my life.

11. erock805

erock805

Hey I gunna check it out...its so close to phx. Dont know what time Ill leave on Friday...have to take the whole familiy so (who knows when I will get out there.)

12. erock805

erock805

So who runs it??? what happened? When you say we does that mean the hambers or the road devils?

13. coloradosean

coloradosean
    from Denver, CO

he means the road devils wont be attending this year. most of us feel pretty much the same too, that it was a great event last year and i still want to thank nick for the good time i had there last year!

but

i gotta say, it wont be the same without us! (evil laughing in my head) hahaha

14. Ichoptop

Ichoptop

I'll be the asshole, (usually am anyway)

Nick built a car show with the basis of old cars and just a damn good time, with backing from some very cool guys in Vegas. He pretty much single handedly went from 76 cars the first year to over 300 last year. He booked outstanding bands, set up great pre and post parties, all the contests, and was the backbone of the effort. I can honestly say that Nick pretty much took on another fulltime job getting this thing rolling and did an outstanding job.

New guys in Vegas....and from what I can read between the lines, a little jumping on the "RatRod" bandwagon to make some cash.

my .02

thanks again Nick for one of the best times ever last year.