Register now to get rid of these ads!

21 st. drive in in paso closed down

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JohnnyP., Sep 3, 2006.

1. JohnnyP.

JohnnyP.

thought i would let everybody know that today is the last day tahat the 21 st. drivin in is open. theres going to be a bank put in there. they are selling everything, people even bought the picnic tables out front. not sure whats going to happen now for the paso car show, because thats where it all went down. tought you guys would like to know that. i tried to get a topper from the rootbeer tap, but the bitch wouldnt sell it. o well.

greasedventura2 likes this.
  2. hanginlow58

hanginlow58

Damn that sucks!! I am still trying to cope with the loss of are drive in movie theater and mearles drive in here in visalia within weaks of each other, were the hell we going to hang out on fridays now in paso?

3. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Another fucking Bank for the wine sippers and gold chainers that sucks. I hope my uncle does not see this he writes a column for the Paso newspaper.

4. SanDiegoJoe

SanDiegoJoe

Maybe you should tell him about it. A little press can't hurt.
    - Joe

5. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

I did have a discussion with him and he told me that the $$$$$ upper class $$$$$$$ people there really do not like the Paso show but then all the business owners do $$$$$$ so it is a touchy subject. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

6. OLLIN

OLLIN

damn that sucks ass.

7. JohnnyP.

JohnnyP.

shared my last rootbeer float today with my girl.

8. DE SOTO

DE SOTO

The money fucks are ruining all the old places for regular people every where !
    We here in Ojai had a lil burger stand "OHI FROSTIE", been sell'in brugers since 1947ish
    Some town newbie developer bought the peoperty and is going to either tear it down for a 2 level mini mall OR turn it into a BISTRO for the rich fucks to sip wine & eat $40.00 plates.
    Sad day when ASS WIPES can move into a small town & start changing things to suit there BIG CITY lifestyles :mad:

9. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

I really hate to hear that but it will not keep me from polluting the Paso skies next year, see ya there.

10. JohnnyP.

JohnnyP.

need a new place for everyone to go friday night. Foster Freeze sucks, and i dont think the bank parking lot will be the best place either.

11. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

I've got a ton of great memories of Paso Fridays there.. walking distance to the liquor store and Kragen too!

We'll have to find a new spot-- Why not make the Fosters Freeze it?

12. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Did you say Mearles closed:confused: :( :mad: That place was the real deal!!!!!!!!
    Get pics b4 they doze the place:eek:

Paso's former A&W was for sale for like 1mil & I thought, Man, what a shame!
    Hey Jive Bomber, Didn't the Labor Day Paso deal go down this year or is that why the Primer Nats was now on this weekend:confused:.
    I used to go the Los Banos Cruise, back in the early 90's, that was a cool venue. They moved it to Paso & thought that it would be as good a s the spring fling:confused:

Don't we have any millionaires here on the HAMB that want to preserve a lil history:confused: It would surely make a killer write off for like 5yrs:D.

13. DIRTYBIRD

DIRTYBIRD

That's a bummer man...My lil hometown of Buellton is growing rapidly too and it kinda freaks me out...funny too, I am in the constuction business and I hate development...All things come to an end something I'm getting used to now that I'm approaching thirty......where the fuck we gonna hang out now at the Shell with all the annoying announcers???? I might just hang out at the Paso Firestone on fridays from here on out too drown my sorrows.

14. alvisoroadsters

alvisoroadsters
    from Cupertino

aww man. i remember i was 14 when i went to my first paso and the drive-in was the sickest part. something about all the cars under such a period looking drive-in just tied everything together. well i have an idea anyways...how about we just all park and hang at the bank next year?

15. Steve

Steve

Dammit!!! you mean now I'm gonna have to find a new spot to power park and flex my sickboy pose

16. sgtmcd42

sgtmcd42

That sucks. when I was stationed at camp roberts, I went there a lot.

17. eric

eric

is their any way to get a bunch of signatures from the locals to try and save it from demolition? try to make it a historical landmark??

18. spicoli

spicoli
    BANNED
    from in a house

will there still be a paso show? i wanted to go last year but i did not have a car worthy enough, but hopefully my packard can be done in time for next year.

19. elcornus

elcornus

Um, what about Wilson Lanes?
    The bowling alley on the north end of Spring st.

2748 Spring St Paso Robles, CA 93446
    (805) 238-5020

20. JohnnyP.

JohnnyP.

always the bowling alley. not sure how that would fly here. pretty sure show is still on, and the store is done now. signs, benches, trays, all sold. no can do on a paper signature thing. just have to accept it.

21. DIRTYBIRD

DIRTYBIRD

At the Bowling Alley the new owners were still cool about the Saturday night after show party. But hanging out there during the cruise won't be fun because the cruise turns around a couple of blocks before it.

22. JohnnyP.

JohnnyP.

ralphs accross the street is getting redone too. there always the great camp grounds of Wal-Mart Parking lot.

23. Cruiser

Cruiser

JohnnyG,

:p I'm from the central coast of Calif. The sale of the 21st Street Driver-in has been in our reality books for two years now, the asking price was 1.2 million. It's no surprise that a bank purchased the property. Another icon of the '50's gone with no noticeable improvement. Another BANK!!!!!!!!!!!! SHIT

Be Cool

Cruiser 49:cool:

24. lownslow

lownslow

me too jay .....yeah why not fosters ? maybe we should just set it up . not quite sure how . but i am game for helping get the word out .... i am so bummed you have no idea .... the old a&w was a MAJOR part of paso .......

25. macs55

macs55

The thing that made the drive in cool was you could watch the cruise from there. Pull your car out and cruise a lap and park it back at the drive in and party on. The bowling alley is just too far down the strip. IMO:confused: There has to be another place.

26. JohnnyP.

JohnnyP.

well foster freeze is almost just as far. nothing here comes to mind on a good place. Foster freeze is way too small anyways. the drive in has been for sale for quite sometime. just nobody ever thought someone wouyld come up with the money to buy it. thought it was "worth" too much i guess.

27. this really pisses me off wish that we could have done something to talk the owner out of the sale , we definatly need to find a place to chill and watch the show and the after party

28. JohnnyP.

JohnnyP.

so update on this for everyone. havent driven by the old a&w in a while. place is fully torn down now. nothing there anymore. i was going to take a pic but it was getting dark and y phone sucks. so anybody got any new ideas on a spot? man this sucks.

29. Jaker

Jaker

Man, that really sucks... that drive-in was one of the coolest things about Paso.....

good times

-Jake

Attached Files:

30. lexistars

lexistars
    from Fontana

That is crappy!