Register now to get rid of these ads!

I went to a auction,$$$WOW

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JOECOOL, Sep 25, 2006.

1. JOECOOL

JOECOOL

I went to a rural auction Saturday,it had a Early Corvette Body ,a model A coupe, an A pickup and a 32 grilleshell and radiator along with junk cars and horse harness galore.
    The Corvette was a Cheetah or some 60s sports car ,really rough, the 32 grille and radiator brought $675.00. The A coupe was all there but someone had started taking it apart so fenders and some stuff was just laying around.With a Title it brought $4300.00 The pickup was real rough and had a lot of parts missing and I think $1100 bought it.
    The sleeper of the day was a Jeep pickup and when I opened the hood it had a Flathead Ford 8 cyl. in it.I didn't watch it sell but the way things were going it was going to be high.
    Am I just out of touch or is a Basket case A coupe worth $4000.00?

2. Darwin

Darwin

Not normally but in an auction all bets are off.

3. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

4000 for a complete A coupe is reasonable if it was not completely rusted out

Radiator and grill were normal price

Those prices are what I would expect to pay down here in the south..

4. touchdowntodd

touchdowntodd

no doubt, $3-4k for a body isnt bad!

5. poncho62

poncho62
    BANNED

What did the Cheetah, if thats what it was, go for?

If it was a Cheetah, its worth tons of $$$$$$$$$$$

6. AHotRod

AHotRod

Man, if that was a Cheetah, I'd love to have one of those to build....DRAG-STYLE :)

7. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

man i dont know if youve tried to buy a coupe around here lately or seen whats availble but that coupe was preety damn nice. ive seen at least 3 or 4 coupes that werent near that nice go for an easy 5 with out a title. we figured itd go for at least 6 large.

the "29" truck was in fact a 30/31 briggs body 4 door cut up with a 28/9 pick up rear half sitting on a 28/9 chassi with a peice of tin hammered over the roof. had model a bed and t rear fenders. though it had a title it would ahve taken a hell of alot of work to get that thing into anyshape at all.

though i was surprised to see that grill shell go for that low when i saw so many 'big hitters' there and how fucking cherry that shell was.

the willys with the flaty wa preety cool though

the corvette/cheeta. whatever the hell it was was so shot if you hung it up on a wall as a decoration youd get it 1 foot off the ground and itd crumble, totaly shot it was sitting in three very beat to hell peices on the ground. though it did have soe 50 pontaic tail lights on it and a hollywood tag. last regestered in 1962 id beter you 40 bux it was stolen.

8. RODMAN58

RODMAN58
    from VIRGINIA

Back during the summer this local small time car dealer passed away and his family sold off the cars that they didn't want. They kept the vettes and camaros but let a nice 60's styled model A coupe go. It was fenderless but cherry, 283, 4 speed, mustang buckets, chromed wheels. It ran and drove even though it had not seen the outside of his garage in ages. It went for 4
    grand and I was sick. I figured everything would be beyond my reach. Not always true. The decent affordable (cheap) coupe is getter much harder to lay hands on. On this coast anyway.
    Rod