Register now to get rid of these ads!

"Jeep Rod" Photoshop Concept

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Zumo, Sep 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neverdone
    No room for an inline 6 unless you go late model on the jeep. I've seen 'em with buick V-6s and sbcs and they were both a little tight in the length dept.

2. Zumo

Zumo

Maybe you could just fab a longer hood and stretch the frame so it won't be in your lap.

3. flynj1

flynj1
    from C.B. IOWA

here is another of the one at livefast Omaha. Check out the rear vews

Attached Files:

4. Very cool idea. I still would like to do one like Rocky's old one... the 53ish pickup...:D

Jay

5. The car I learned to drive in was a '69 Kaiser Postal Jeep w/ a Chevy 4 banger. I have an old high school drawing I'll have to post of what my plans were for it. Chop top and all!

6. SPEEDBARRONS

SPEEDBARRONS

I've got your jeep rod right here

Attached Files:

7. RODMAN58

RODMAN58
    from VIRGINIA

I tell you what is scary is I remember that yellow postal jeep with the nasty inline six running at my local drag strop 20 years ago. I wonder what happened to that car. I love the jeep "hot rod" concept. That is cool as can be.
    Rodman

8. beegator

beegator

Hope it runs better than my f*cking Liberty. :mad:

9. Here is a peek at Rocky's old 52 Willys PU that now belongs to fiddyfour. Hope Traves doesn't mind. Pics below are when I had it, a photo chop and a Willys 2wd Wagon made into a PU. Check out fiddy's site to see how it is now. http://fiddys-place.blogspot.com/

Attached Files:

10. Zumo

Zumo

That truck would look sharp.

11. Da Biffster

Da Biffster

Back when I was a young lad, they used to have the Super Stock Nationals at Cecil County Dragway, back then funny cars where all shapes and sizes, there was a Ford Bronco, called Bronco Buster, There was Bruce Larson with the U.S.A.-1 in his chevy Dyno Don's Comet, fip top mustangs, but what I remember being way dilfferant was a jeep that was painted camo and I thought I remember it was sponsered by the Army, the photo I had of it have long since been lost, but when I saw your concept, it came right back to me. good luck should be a cool project

12. darksidepres

darksidepres

I say take a strip out of the center to narrow it.Front set up rocks. Just worry about the rear being to wide. Maybe nix the front fenders and open ur that aera to see the engine. Kick Ass chop by the way!!!

13. 46mopar

46mopar

I wish my scanner worked I post the pics of the Jeep my Dad has. It a 65 Cj style 2 wheel drive that he put togther and raced back in the early 70s. The jeep was traded in at the car lot where my Dad worked and when he saw it the only thing he could think of was how light to was. A few weeks later he got it home tore it a part. Then with stuff he had laying around he build a rocket. Its has a sbc with a m-21 the driveshaft is under a foot long. There is a bunch of little thing he did to make it a wild ride. I know one of the motor mounts solid and the other is rubber this made 6000 rpm lanches a blast. He mostly street raced it around Eastern Ave and the Thunderbird in Baltimore. It seen the drag strip afew times high 11's but he said it was real scary at top end. As I got older he did mess with it to much the last thing he did was put 2x4s on it. They he needed money for a house so he sold it to my dickhead uncle. He add hillbilly style to it, he put homemade bumpers that added at lest 1000 pounds to it. A spare tire rack with two gas can holders and rig mud flaps to hide the tires. The good thing is that no one got to see it this way he blew the motor up and it sat since 1988. Uncle dickhead was moving and asked if I wanted it, I said hell ya and pulled it home took off all the stupid shit he added. All but the back bumper thats going to be a major project. I plan to put it back the way I remember it someday Its at my Dads and he's tried to cut it up before but he feels the some way I do about it. Its to cool it do to see it die. If I get down to his house someday I'm going to take some pics.
    Later
    John

14. Zumo

Zumo

Does any one know any jeep site right off hand? Good ones.

15. mud_ninja84

mud_ninja84
    from sumter, sc

:eek: I thought I was the only crazyguy with this idea!!!!
    I've been tooling around with the idea for over a year now - how weird!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    All of these have been my obsession for the past year. I've been driving my wife crazy, hunting Hemmings, getting ideas from mags, sketching on graph paper, staring at dimensions..... everything, except for buying. I even told Crow a few months back about my idea to sell my current CJ-7 to fund for this project. If you ever break ground on it, please, keep me posted. I'll do the same.

Crazy,
    Josh :D

16. PSYCHOMOTO

PSYCHOMOTO

There Is A Guy Near Decatur Tx That Has A Chopped Willeys Panel Delivery Truck,its Got A Small Block And Its Tubbed,very Tastilly Done .

17. mikekillstheday

mikekillstheday

no...No....NO!!!!!! my eyes are bleeding!

18. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

At least it isn't a VW...

How about an AMC 401 with a TH400? Dana 60 rear already narrow for some fatties in the back...buggy spring in the front...keep the fenders but ditch the inners...chop the windshield and run a tractor tach for gages.

19. Did someone say Jeep Panel?

Attached Files:

20. TINGLER

TINGLER

This Jeep "hot rod" "rat rod" stuff is just completely friggen sick and wrong.

What in the world is wrong with you people.

Don't you know you can't do that!?!?!? Making a hot rod Jeep is stupid. :mad:

.....(here's mine).

[​IMG]

and a photoshop.....of some possibilities....

[​IMG]

21. Zumo

Zumo

Looks like you are a little further ahead on this idea than I am, ha ha. I still have ti finish up my truck. Those are some great photochops.

22. Here is one of thos hyper juiced up Postal Jeeps from the Syracuse nationals this past July.

Attached Files:

23. Rand Man

Rand Man

I had one of those 2wd Jeeps in college. Looked like an early CJ5. I guess they're rare.

24. 55 Savoy

55 Savoy
    from Reno Nv.

Well I thought I was the sick one, picked this up a few week ago, 1941 Dodge, I was thinking, hemi, 4 speed, slammed, slide the bed forward up around the cab and cut in some Jeep style openings, chop the windshield and lay it back.

Someone with photoshop give me somemore ideas

Attached Files:

• WC22.JPG
      WC22.JPG
      File size:
      102.5 KB
      Views:
  25. Bobski

Bobski

Attached Files:

27. So does anybody remember the DESTROYER jeep funny car from the 60s? last I saw it was running at freemont at the last race there...................it was same basic idea...just longer and really fast

28. 55 Savoy

55 Savoy
    from Reno Nv.

Here's Mine, WC-43 no way I'd do anything to it, stock flathead, 12 volt, power disk brakes.

Attached Files:

29. Blackie

Blackie

Hey, did I see you driving that up in North Portland the other day? I was in a mint green '61 Ford Pickup...

Nice ride!

30. NaKpinstriper

NaKpinstriper

Perty cool man, I hope you build it and arn't just teasing us. I've always loved those army jeeps!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.