Register now to get rid of these ads!

My 60 Elcamino turned fenderless hot rod

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Docfranknstein, Jul 28, 2006.

1. fordcragar

fordcragar
    from Yakima WA.

I used to have a 60 ElCamino and really liked it. What you did to this......It looks awesome!!!!

2. glassguy

glassguy

i have always liked the tiago ranchero.. so i think this is about the coolest thing ive seen in years.. i hope you dont mind me making a suggetion? i think it needs to be chopped quite a bit. cant wait to see more pics.

3. junkcad

junkcad
    from nashville

when i read the title i was thinkin uh-oh ! but damn that looks cool as hell !

4. banzaitoyota

banzaitoyota

5. Playing around with this, I took the fin and duplicated it behind the front wheel well. Just to get some idea of the perspective, added side metal from the firewall forward. I think that you could take finand move it to the front starting at the cowl and curve it inside the wheels, keeping an open wheel look but smoothing things out a little. You could follow the curve in the cowl to just start the narrowing toward the front. Maybe if we had a front 3/4 shot we could play with a grille.
    Added original shot for comparison.

Attached Files:

6. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

I don't know about you guys, but that thing is screaming "canted lights" and "blown 409" like no other.

Holy crap.. that is AWESOME.

7. AstroZombie

AstroZombie

awesome, awesome rod!!!!! i drive thru boron alot, i will have to keep my eyes open for this car!!!! good luck, she's a sweet one!

8. Bondoboy

Bondoboy

cooler then the other side of the pillow.

9. HotRod60F100

HotRod60F100

Man that things just bad ass!! Roth would be proud,its cool to see the wild 50's 60's and 70's style rods being built again 'thumbs up'

10. Docfranknstein

Docfranknstein

Well I'm Hyped by all the responces. About Who did what first , I say before any of Us did anything, Our Heros ( Mine are Gene Winfeild and Ed Roth ) did everything, They sat the stage We just play on it now, that's what I think anyway (By the way I still have some of the model cars I built when I was a kid, back then I wanted to built full size custom cars but working with Gene really got My sickness in high gear). Here is a look at the bat wing , and today I tacked somemore of the roll pan, looks like this. Von Doc

Attached Files:

11. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

crazy crazy stuff,i like

12. Damn! Do you know how cool I think this is...

I was thinking about this last night after I got off the boards & and a lot of the day today. I liked hotrod1940’s idea with the hood & front fenders. It got me to thinking about a hood similar to the stocker… or maybe even more like about a ’62 –‘63 Rambler hood and fenders that would flow into the body line you have already created just in front of the door (overexaggerated of course). The front of the fender would also mimic that of the Rambler with the existing bulge at the front edge, but instead of the bulge for a single headlight it would frame canted quads (thanks Gotgas). The grille would be mesh or tubular and fit whatever shape is left after you build in the headlights. I wouldn’t run the front-end out past the front wheels though. I would leave it tucked back behind them. I think it would be cool to have exhaust exits that look similar to Buick portholes mounted low in the fenders too. Four per side! The whole idea of the front-end really depends on how wide it is though…

I would also wack the top and pie cut the whole front-end to give the car a slight wedge shape.

Wheel and tire combo like the Mysterion would be cool to IMHO.

This is just the ideas I started dreamin' of when I opened the thread and I just got it running in my mind. Sometimes I just get addicted to an idea. Not telling ya how to build a car - hope it doesn't sound that way. I think this thing is bad. Glad to see ya doing it. Nice work - very cool - good luck!

13. Rolf

Rolf

Humble too, eh...

Inspiring work, I will look forward to the up-dates...

14. Hip

Hip

You don't have to fear XSCOOTERX, this is how it looked when it was picked up. Pretty damn beat! Docs brought It a LONGGGGGG way.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. AHotRod

AHotRod

Any new photos ?

16. famous59

famous59
    from dallas, tx

I loved my 59 el co , sometimes i wish i never got rid of it. When I saw and purchased Bell's art work I wanted to do the same. Looks good, great job.

17. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

how the hell did I miss this? Too cool...

18. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

HOLY SHIT!!!! too fuckin cool Doc. i always LOVED yer stuff. GENIOUS.

19. [quote='29MurrayTub]I like it. Creative Custom. What will you use for the grille/radiator shell?[/quote]

Forget the grill, do it Ed Roth style. Hide the radiator in the back somewhere's:cool:
    JT

20. LIMEY

LIMEY

Exactly what i was thinking.........

Hey Doc you are crazy & i think the heat has fried your brain.....i love it! ;-)

I'll be passin thru next month will call in to say hi

Kev.

21. 00 MACK

00 MACK

I cant believe I love the thing!

22. EXTREMELY CREATIVE and I like the look too. Thanks for the looksee.

23. bigBADwolf

bigBADwolf
    from Batavia,IL

24. bigBADwolf

bigBADwolf
    from Batavia,IL

I knew some one was gonna do that one day man looks like you nailed it! way to go.

25. wfopossum

wfopossum

Wow! very cool,thats so far outside the box,it's in the circle,of coolness that is.

26. Love to see an update on this project!!

BTTT.

Maiki

27. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

28. spicoli

spicoli
    BANNED
    from in a house

doc, they say pictures are worth a thousand words but this picture only has three

Attached Files:

29. NaKpinstriper

NaKpinstriper

Ed Roth would be proud, but also pissed that your Elcamino is cooler than some of his rides. Besides the way your doing it is awsome, screw fiberglass.

30. hatch

hatch
    from house

Ed would not be pissed...he'd be very interested and polite....just like each time I talked with him.

[​IMG]