Register now to get rid of these ads!

Met a car chick (finally)...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Humboldt Cat, Sep 19, 2006.

1. I started a thread looking for girls who are into car guys and it was deleted almost immediately!

2. atch

atch

sherry and i still feel/act like teenagers. we're on the wrong side of 50 and have been married for two years. we met at the nsra nats in louisville 1992 on the day of the "big flood". she likes hot rods and harleys nearly as much as i do.

god must have put us together, 'cause i certainly couldn't have done this well on my own.

congrats on your find.

3. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

My wife puts up with my obssesion. My daughter (2 yr old Frankie) rules!! She loves to ride in the hot rod. I've been teaching her how to use her socket set.

4. fuel pump

fuel pump
    Member Emeritus
    from Caro,MI

The first real date I took my wife to be on was to the dirt track where we raced. We couldn't even afford a tow bar much less a trailer so we pulled the stock car on a tow chain. You oldtimers know the drill. Of course this required a driver in the race car and it was my turn to steer the race car so when my date started to get in the tow car I told her that WE were riding in the race car. So she climed through the window and sat on a pile of extra tires 40 miles up to the track and 40 miles back from the track in the cold New York air. She never complained and that's when I knew I had a keeper. That was about 38 years ago and she has put up with cars and me ever since.

5. greatbg

greatbg

Nice find.

I now only date women that can weld.:D It does cut down on the $$ spent on dates.

6. Sounds vaguely familiar. I've been trying to convert my wife as well, but it's not working out so well for me. :rolleyes: I keep threatening to trade er in for a hot rod ready update. :D

7. rpol7966

rpol7966

Met my gal by inquiring about her late husband's '55 Chevy. We talked for a few months then arranged to meet. Things seemed to click. At the time, she had her own '36 Ford 5 window, '64 Chevelle convertible, and '53 Chevy pickup! Been together now for 5 years in November.
    During those 5 years, she has sold all of her cars including her husband's '55 hardtop. Since then, there has been a '55 Chevy sedan, '55 Chevy Nomad, and a '38 Chevy coupe. She enjoys running the cars for a while then selling and going again. The '38 was rodded last winter after 3 years of using it as an original car. She had better damn well keep it. There ain't a better bodied '38 anywhere!
    We aren't married but really enjoy sharing the cars and all that goes with them.
    After 52 years, I never expected to meet a car chick either!................... BE PATIENT!!!!!

8. 37 BILL

37 BILL
    from Bristol CT

Yeah ...car chicks are cool...Met mine at 9 or 10 years old...we are both 2nd generation hot rodders...she digs right in at crunch time...she has a 37 ford that I have been working on for a while...she is very patient...going on 5 years I think...best thing of all is my 9 year old already knows the difference
    between a hot rod and a street rod...pretty damm cool ....BC

9. Bugman

Bugman

WWW.rockabillydating.com It's Germ approved...

10. Hellfish

Hellfish

My girlfriend used to race cars. I converted her to the old ones. She helped me a lot with my 59... most of our first dates were "sanding parties" :) She's now finishing up her own 51 hard top and she did most of the work... next she's working on a 51 Merc for her dad. She stitched up the interior, too. Can't beat that! :D

11. you better go buy a ring and marry the broad,she sounds like a keeper

12. Hellfish

Hellfish

and she's good lookin, too! :D

13. ig'nant

ig'nant

Yeah, I've got a cool wife that puts up with me hot rodding and would like something "cute" to have as her "shopping car", heh. :eek:

The 6 month old daughter I'm working on right from the very beginning. Not sure what her first car is gonna be, but it'll be cool.

14. Rocco

Rocco

i know when i met my car chick, didnt take long that i had a ring on her finger.
    she's into tools and stuff like that too...

15. surfer1316

surfer1316

HAHA, I got a designer girlfriend that wanted nothing to do with being grounded or simple stuff when i met her. But I quickly found out her dad was into cars, worked with his hands, shes a beach chick and surfer and quickly made her realize she did have an appreciation and love for the simple stuff in life. I bought the 49 GMC, and I think she may have been as hurt, if not more when i got robbed, knowing that the GMC would be put on the back burner and we wouldn't be going to car shows together. Still makes my knees weak when she calls me and tells me a cool car is for sale or she drove by one, and then in this sad voice says, why can't the gmc be running

16. I don't have a car chick, but I've been working on converting her. She keeps asking if I could get her a Grace Kelly car. The only problem is that she keeps changing her mind on what a Grace Kelly car is!! One week it is a 49-51 shoebox next it is a tri-5 chev and now its a 60's convert VW, what the hell. I think I am in trouble when she finally decides.

I do know a cute late 20's blonde that helps her dad with his cars and she drives his 33 Willis gasser, 426 Hemi around town like it is hers. She also runs it at the strip on Nastalgic race days. Interesting site!!

17. Kilroy

Kilroy
    from Orange, Ca

I'm sorry, I'm a little dizzy and seem to have gotten lost..

Could one of you nice folks point me in the direction of the HAMB?

18. Big Tony

Big Tony

Hell mine was a church girl all the way and within a week i had her riding the Harley and dressing in leather, then to the NHRA nats in Ennis, now into old cars and my buddies always give me shit calling it her ride. Tis good to have a gall that enjoys the same kewl stuff as you do. BTW that first bike ride was 15 years ago and all i had for a seat was a lick and stick bitch pad on a hard tail and she went all day long

19. retroridesbyrich

retroridesbyrich
    from Central NC

Me and my wife were on our second or third date and we went to a local cruise night on LI in my AV8 coupe. The coupe was fresh and looking good. My new girlfriend was decked out in a short skirt and high heels and looked even better than my ride...

Soon after arriving I got talking to a group of friends, my (now) wife wandered a little bit looking at the other cars when some guy tried to pick her up by stating that he had a Corvette. Her reply was - Big deal! We got a hot rod! I knew then I found the girl of my dreams!

20. s.r.i.

s.r.i.
    from Hell

Congrats man. I have had my car chick by my side through thick n thin almost 19 years now. Great feeling KNOWING someone always has your back.

21. my wife is kinda a car chick,loves muscle cars and goes drag racing with me,but shes not into rat rods and wont ride in my truck till its painted:rolleyes:
    so i guess she wont be going for a ride!EVER!

22. JJK

JJK

Found mine runnin parts for a chain down in TX. She boughta 63 nova convertable and a cherry 50 plymouth ( a 40k garaged two owner car) hell the original dome light and radio work in this thing. She's great and digs going to junkyards and participating in automotive archeolgy digs. Great gal love her till death , oh and shes an mechanical engineer! AND DAMN FINE TO BOOT !!!

23. Edsel Gal

Edsel Gal

You'd be in big trouble if you were my man and you weren't buying those boomerangs (tailights) for me sucka!! hehe... but my motto nowadays is you can't fix men, but you can fix an edsel!!!

24. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I call Bullshit!
    A chick that relay digs cars?? That would be like finding a live Brontosaurus!

Congrats man, some cat get all the luck!

25. seymour

seymour
    from PNW

lol

26. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Hey you live with one or she wants to be so I think she is, ahhhhhhhh maybe not sorry.

27. My wife isn't a car chick, but she looks good with my car and she feeds my car addiction. She would rather I be in the carhole than out running around.

28. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

haha, I dunno, I think both are pretty much completely screwed :)

nice edsel btw

29. MyOldBuick

MyOldBuick

I thought I had a car chick . . . she's only into convertibles, like her former Lebaron Convertible (I made her get rid of for a turbo Daytona) and her dad's 1967 Chrysler Newport convertible. If it doesn't have paint, she's not into it . . . she hates my old Buick. I bought the MG hoping to woo her . . . don't know if I'll have to worry about woo much longer or not. *Sigh*

30. Don't let my Girlfriend read this,I guess I'm a pretty lucky guy then.;) And I get the cookies too:p :D