Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Looking into getting a set of tires/wheels transported from Cleveland to Denver

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by DiabloMann, May 19, 2023.

1. DiabloMann

DiabloMann
    from colorado

Anyone traveling through with a secure truck or trailer?

2. Just sent a set of wheels and tires to Eastern KY from Oklahoma this week thru fastenal, was under $200. Just sayin

Budget36 likes this.
  3. I have found that Pirate Shipping is your best bet.
    Vic

4. alanp561

alanp561
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You'd do better putting this in the "Wanted" section. The transporters who are HAMB members or vendors check there regularly.

5. DiabloMann

DiabloMann
    from colorado

Thanks

6. Budget36

Budget36

Not sure about this. As one reply who used Fastenall, was informative. I don’t know if da34guy would peruse there wanted section for a similar topic:)

7. DiabloMann

DiabloMann
    from colorado

They have the US split into 2 zones, East & West and they won't ship anything from zone to zone, it has to be within the same zone. Thanks though.

8. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

Most of Colorado including Denver is in the Eastern zone so Fastenal should work. I figured the split may have been the Miss. river but it's way West.
    Take a look at the map;

https://www.fastenal.com/fast/blue-lane-freight

9. alanp561

alanp561
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Then @DiabloMann should check out the HAMB O'Dex. And I can guarantee that if he looks at the Wanted section of the classifieds and types in "transportation" in the search bar, he's going to see a whole lot of people who have been looking for ways to get stuff to and from places. I'd be willing to bet that the guys offering transportation services check that wanted section pretty regularly. When I moved a set of front and back hubs and drums from Des Moines to my place in Tennessee, I called Bill's Auto Works and he hooked me up with David Phelps who was right in the vicinity. I connected with David and in no time, we had a done deal. Easy peasey.

10. DiabloMann

DiabloMann
    from colorado

Thanks. Yea a closer look and it's in the Eastern Zone. I requested a quote

11. Doug520

Doug520

I shipped a convertible top through Greyhound a few years ago and I was very surprised at how cheap and easy it was.

DiabloMann likes this.
  12. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

6 months ago I sold a set of high dollar pin drive knockoff wheels with Excelsiors to a man in Prescott AZ. The buyer arranged for me to meet a hauler in Salina where we wrapped them in blankets and put them in the back of his pickup. Said he was going straight thru to Prescott and they got there safely.