Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage jefferson 2023

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by racer-x, Apr 7, 2023.

1. its that time of year to start thinking about spring jefferson. who is going? i will be selling like usual. next weeks forcast is calling for 80s. perfect weather for a big bar.

2. bill gruendeman

bill gruendeman

3. fuzzface

fuzzface

Thinking about it. Haven't made up my mind for sure yet. Planning on an auction not far away on Friday but if that turns into a bust I might head over. Sunday is definately out with them having a demo at noon. When did they start that crap? Saturday maybe if I stay and not spend too much at the auction on Friday.

I see they are off the delinquent list this year so if I make it to the swap meet I will make sure to get a big bar to help support them.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  4. Mr cheater

Mr cheater

I’ll be there Friday weather permitting

5. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Where you outta town guys staying ?
    I plan to stay over over Thursday night somewhere ( TBD) - then will be there Friday picking up a set of wheels
    from a guy and seeing what else I can't live with out.

Then stay over Friday night - go until noon Saturday, then drive 5 hours back home.
    Maybe run into you fellas.

6. mark40h

mark40h
    from quincy,il.

7. mark40h

mark40h
    from quincy,il.

Please give dates for Jefferson meet.

8. Rodders

Rodders

Might take a ride up

9. gene-koning

gene-koning

Me and my son are planning on going Friday. We missed last year completely. Usually we go on Saturday, but this year it would have to be a short day. He has a list of stuff he is looking for, I'm going just because, maybe there is something there I just have to drag home...

Anyone parting out a Durango? I'm looking for a pair of torsion bars, I think all interchange. My Dakota chassis needs bigger bars. Let me know how much, and how we can get together.

10. A Boner

A Boner

Pics from last year! (2022)
    39C68A0A-7855-426E-AEC6-EA71464CBC1B.png 62CFD9BF-4FC6-42DF-9128-32706CAEBCD5.png

11. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Bump.
    I'll be there all day Friday and 1/2 day Saturday.

12. mcmopar

mcmopar
    from Strum, wi

I will be there at YN 118 and 119, I ll have a beer for you and my dog will say hello.
    Tony

13. ahshoe

ahshoe

Selling again (my 46th year) since the first one.....WH 138-140 Lotsa Ford parts

chryslerfan55 and verno30 like this.
  14. J53

J53
    from WI

What do you guys think about the new tax ID number requirement?

15. 0NE BAD 51 MERC

0NE BAD 51 MERC

Evey Sping and fall since 1991. WX105 to 109. Don't have much to sell anymore as far as parts, but the Big Bar addiction is beyond any 12-step program out there. We fill up the back of my truck with some stuff and join up with my partner in crime Mike from Janesville and hang out and take turns going out treasure hunting. Big change from when I started out in 91 with 12 stalls and a 28-foot enclosed trailer. use to make a lot of money selling parts and projects and lining up jobs for my old shop, now I am happy if I cover the cost of expenses to go. Have fun, Larry

16. 2OLD2FAST

2OLD2FAST
    from illinois

Just another intrusion into your life !

17. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Big place.... maybe luck and catch up. Thanks Fellas.

18. mcmopar

mcmopar
    from Strum, wi

Can you explain how it would work here?
    Tony

19. 0NE BAD 51 MERC

0NE BAD 51 MERC

It is not new; it's been on there for years. If you're a business and selling product they want your sales tax id. If you're a private person, they need the last 4 digits of your social. Madison classics always had my state sales id on file. They never really enforced it up until the last year or two. I assume the state got on their case or something. I used to promote my old shop by doing Goodguys in Indy and Iowa, Back to 50s in Minnesota, NSRA in Kentucky and Michigan and had to apply for state sales tax ids in everyone so all those organizations could have them on file. I opened my shop in 1988 and closed it in 2008 and in all that time I was never contacted by any state office looking for me to file a state sales tax return. It is a formality that has no follow up unless someone files some kind of complaint. And I have never heard of anyone having a problem. Larry

20. mcmopar

mcmopar
    from Strum, wi

Thanks Larry, I don't recall them asking but sometimes I forget.
    Tony

21. verno30

verno30
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I stay in Ft Atkinson. Lots of options and an easy drive to the Meet.

https://www.radissonhotelsamericas....b:gmb+c:amer+i:localrs+e:rad+d:us&mc=llgoxxpx

See everyone next weekend.
    WH 134-137
    WI 134-137

22. verno30

verno30
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey Bob. Maybe I will see you there if I have time to walk around. You're not that far from me.

23. ahshoe

ahshoe

Yea me and Uncle Mike..... Like next door

24. looking forward to friday, let hope the rain stays away

25. I just checked the forecast. Rain chance Thursday one percent. Friday four percent. Saturday 47 percent. Temps 55-65. I'm ready to kick off car season. My spots. Stop by for a beer or some shine. I'm located directly across from the main food barn. After grabbing a greezzy burger when you walk out of the building you walk right into my spot. If you keep walking you end up in white field. 20230425_154355.jpg

26. Looks like we are fairly close to each other. MGWV4407.JPG

chryslerfan55 and racer-x like this.
  27. 1ton

1ton

I used to go up to sell parts 30-40 years ago. Had great times. Have not been back since. Someone recently told me that it's got more crap like socks and underwear, ie. non auto related junk venders. Is this true?

28. Mr cheater

Mr cheater

I don’t call it Wisconsins largest small engine swap meet for nothing. But if you don’t go you won’t know what you won’t find

0NE BAD 51 MERC likes this.
  29. gene-koning

gene-koning

Take money and a list of stuff you want/need. Look for something you just can't live without!

Have breakfast before you get there. Pay $10 to park in someone's yard. Pay $10 for entry. Buy at least one Big Bar. Wander around and look at all the cool junk. Maybe find something on your list at a good price. Have a great time and get lots of exercise at the same time. Enjoy an over price hamburger and an over priced pop. Visit with the vendors.

Have a great day away from the wife and her honey-do list. I'll be spending Friday with my son, a rare occasion these days. All while looking for those odd ball parts no one has anymore. No rain????

Going to be a great day, even if the Big Bar (or 2) and food is the only thing I buy.