Register now to get rid of these ads!

look at these turds.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by highboy_04, Sep 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. If we keep scaring these young guys off, they'll never benifit from the knowlege available here and keep putting out amaturish stuff.

2. Darby

Darby

It's not YOUR thread, unless you rented out the bandwidth. If you expect people to post only to stroke you, you're in the wrong place. You can mount your engine any way you like. And we can make fun of your ugly car any way we like.

Hell, you even called it a turd. The only difference between a turd and a pile of shit is how many of them you put in one place. And in this case, you posted two.

3. Cut the guy some slack, there's a difference between advice, constructive critcism, and insults

4. Tell us how you really feel Gus. ;-)

Not all of us from Kansas do it that way.

5. Dare to be different...:rolleyes:

JOE:cool:

6. JasonK

JasonK

Boys that is what we in Kansas call a "Kansas Motor Mount"! I like it.

7. Hell this it nuthin'. This is the kinder gentler HAMB.:eek:

Actually when I was commin' up even my own dad gave me a ration about my rides. Actually he was still givin' me a ration @ his 80th B-Day. One of his ol' buddies had to come to my rescue.

I still remember the day I showed up at his place on my Pan for the first time.
    Right after telling me I needed a bath and some clean cloths (I was in my grubs after a five day jaunt from one side of the country to the other). He began to pic it apart, everything from peeling chrome to the junk hunt magneto. Then he hugged me and said its good to see you kid and began to read me the riot act about an old Ford I had once.

I thought all rodders acted that way. Its a form of letting someone know that they haven't quite arrived yet. The way I figure it I'm a little closer than some way closer than others and I'll never really be there. Well maybe just after I get to the other side of the grass.

Its the get tough or get gone approach I guess.

8. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

With all due respect, if you're swimming around in a pool with piranhas there's a good chance that you'll get bitten, regardless of your age, and sometimes you have to shout "Get out of there" at the top of your lungs for some folks to listen.

I got an angry PM from this fella, I feel special.

Oh how I long for the old HAMB when being dragged over hot coals was an important life lesson. Everyone's 'polite' these days.

9. OK lets all give Nads a hug.

Well you guys first, he's too short and hairy for my taste.:D

Ya know Nads you have arrived my friend, I haven't got an ugly PM since I called that dude a shit, that's been at least 2 maybe 3 years. And hell I was being honest.

10. haring

haring

Send photos of these cars to Ol' Skew Rods.

They will go apeshit over them.

11. beatnik

beatnik

You’re building a car on the cheap and you're using what you have, that’s cool, especially if you’re happy with it. I'm glad you not building some coffee can import.

I’ve built a ratrod and I knew it while I was doing it and I knew it when it was done. It is what it is, and I don’t get offended when it’s called a ratrod.

Sorry if you’re offended but you posted like you were asking for opinions. I read a post where some piece of shit was called a HAMB style car, and that needs to stop so I'm on a rant.

I’m not trying to turn you off from getting into Hot Rods, but I think there’s a Revolution coming and we should try and keep the ratrods from being representative of the HAMB.

Gus

12. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

The last time I checked turd and shit were synonyms.

13. JPMACHADO

JPMACHADO
    from Not Listed

You need to get some thicker skin to be on here. I posted pics of my car and got roasted by half the guys who viewed, and praised by the other 1/2. I posted the pics because I, like you, was proud of the the work I'd done. If you're going to listen to other people's negative thoughts on your car, you don't get what this is all about. I like that you thought outside of the box, but with that kind of thinking will come some complaints. You need to decide whether you want to be a follower or cut out your own path.

14. highboy_04

highboy_04
    from Kansas

look... for those that dont like them that is fine. i dont really care, but i do care that you are on this thread bitching over the internet about how they are so "dangerous" or pieces of shit. if you dont like it dont waste everyones time by posting useless posts and go on to something else.

15. Muttley

Muttley

You have got to post it......angry PM's are the best.

16. SlamCouver

SlamCouver
    from Brazil, IL

Hey, i think those are awesome. and with the gas prices now why not have a funrod that you can cruize in. on a diffrent note ever think about a flathead straight-8?

17. highboy_04

highboy_04
    from Kansas

if i had a straight eight there would be no where to sit. its tight as it is....

18. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Hey retard, you don't get it do you? This is not YOUR post, you posted it, sure, but now the cat's out of the bag, this is the internet, there are probably thousands of people looking at this. If you wanted to keep it YOURS you shoulda hidden those pictures in a safe dark place, like your underoos.
    You asked for opinions and you're getting them, get a thick skin about life or you're gonna get damaged every five seconds dude.
    This ain't no dress rehearsal.
    I'm glad you're doing things yourself, I'm really proud of you, but I think certain aspects of the 'scene' have gone to your head, in an attempt to be different you have, in fact, become exactly the same as countless others.

I know your car's not done but I have to say it IS dangerous simply because of all the shit that's under its scrub line. I would not want to have a blow out in your car.

BTW, are you sending PMs to everyone that doesn't dig your car?

19. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

Hey... I was positive for a second. I DO like the rear wheel/tire on the red one.

Also... I love Nads. I had to put a customer on hold for the 'frontal lobe' comment. Muttley is right... you need to post the PM.

Even early on...
    [​IMG]

20. Aman

Aman
    from Texas

There not too bad. I think you should cut the entire top of the cowl out and the rest of the firewall. You know...kinda like the Kansas version of Deadsdoorway...the A with the bitchin hemi that's set back in the cowl. Yeah ya'll can call it Totosdeaddoorway.:D There bored and have nothing else to do so let em have fun.:rolleyes:

21. Mutt

Mutt

turd [​IMG] (tûrd)
    n. Vulgar 1. A piece of excrement.

Would pieces of excrement be better? Even though it means shit?

shit [​IMG] (sh[​IMG]t) Vulgar Slang v. shit also shat (sh[​IMG]t), shit·ting, shits
    n.

1. Excrement.

Mutt

22. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Mutt, you absolutely rule my world, I'm crying right now.

23. highboy_04

highboy_04
    from Kansas

look at my original post i never asked for opinions. so whos retarded?

24. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

NOOOOO! DON'T HURT THE KITTEN!!! hahahahaha!
    Listen to Nads......He is wise.........ass:D But is right!
    Gotta take the beatings in stride. Gets ya more RESPECT that way.
    I think your ride has POTENTIAL. Just search around here for TECH. Lots of sweet builds here to STEAL ideas from.

25. stressed_out

stressed_out
    from Omaha

Sometimes the best lessons in life are learned the hard way. No need to get nasty with him. Not how I would have done it, or hardly anyone else around here for that matter, but still, let's be civil...

26. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

With every post you are making a solid case against yourself.

I don't think I want you to get into a war of words with me, so in order to prevent a bloodbath I'll let you label me a retard, are you happy now?

27. Offset it. like an offset chassis roundy round car.
    I don't think it would change the cool factor at all myself and the straight eight wouldn't run much better if any at all than the stovebolt but you could get it in there for sure.

Now that you have basically survived you look at this turd post you shold maybe think about posting pics as you go. When these same folks see your build and progress pics they will say those cute little things like you expected to get from this post.

Well probably all except for Nads, you probably shouldn't have sent him the ugly gram. The greasy little fellar will probably tie you in a knot the next time he sees you.:D

Well life goes on I guess.

28. Muttley

Muttley

29. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

Can we ALL say your RETARDED now???:D

Much LOVE........:p

30. bustingear

bustingear

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.