Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hetfield....lurker?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 53burb, Sep 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 53burb

53burb

I just picked up a super kool guitar magazine that is a tribute to Dimebag Darrell Abbott, Pantera, Damageplan. It is filled with other guitar and music artists and they did custom guitars in a tribute to Dime. Hetfield did one and I noticed in the pic that he is wearing a 4th Annual Lonestar rod and kustom Roudup shirt. Just wondering if anyone has seen him at this event. "Getcha Pull!" R.I.P. Dime!!!!! KNUX! p.s. Dig the shirt!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attached Files:

Eisenfaust likes this.
  2. cleatus

cleatus
    from Sacramento

Havn't been to the Roundup, but I did cut in front of him in the line for the potty at Billetproof this Sat.

3. T-Roy

T-Roy

I saw him over at Paso at a small car show a couple years ago. It wasn't the West Coast Kustoms show... He was kind of a dick..... But he was driving a KooL old Lincoln...

[​IMG]

-Troy

4. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

Yes he was at the LSR where were you?

My friend Jaker went up to him and asked him if he would sign his Ride the Lightning CD and told him he would head bang to Seek and destroy while hunting in the Wisconsin woods. James said not here bro I'm all about the
    Hot Rods now...

Sorta true.

evel

5. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

Hetfield is one of those guys that I would love to meet and hope that he is cool. Metallica was and will always be one of my favorite bands and a big reason of why I picked a guitar up in the first place. For that reason I'd love to meet him, maybe get a picture, and not have to walk away saying what a douche he was. ...And Justice For All changed my life

It's way cool that he's into cars and is a Beatnik. Those guys are no bullshit and wouldn't let some poser rock star into their club, Hetfield must be the real deal. Very cool in my book

6. I met him at the Mooneyes BBQ last year,when he was looking at my sons shoebox. Said hi,asked him what cars he had. Never mentioned Metalica. I told him I heard he was just into bikes. He said"yea,mostly,but I like cars too". Seemed really cool. I'm sure he gets tired of fans at times. I've run into other celebs at shows,and they just want to enjoy the show and blend in. Chip Foose and Jay Leno are the exception. They don't mind talking about cars,signing autographs,whatever.

7. Clark

Clark

Celebrity Stalkers on the next Jalopy Journal.......news at 11 :)
    Clark

8. 53burb

53burb

Gee, thank's Clark!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is funny!!!!!!!!!!!! KNUX!

9. 53burb

53burb

Bob. Ya going to be at the "Tower" tomorrow? KNUX!

10. SlamCouver

SlamCouver
    from Brazil, IL

[​IMG]

Finaly some motivation for me.. i swear to god ill get mine done someday!

11. What,are you kidding!!!It's my deal!!!Seriously,i'll try to make it every Tuesday. Unless something unavoidable comes up.

12. KIRK!

KIRK!

He goes to a lot of car shows including mine. He's always been great to me. Treat him like another hot rodder and not a rock star. It's easy for me, I could care less about Metallica. To me he's just another guy with cool cars.

13. notebooms

notebooms
    Alliance Member

Being star struck by a "celebrity" is for screaming girls. If you dont know the guy, just treat him like anybody else you don't know.... and everybody is for the better.

-scott noteboom

14. 53burb

53burb

This is exactly what I wanted to hear. Mine was a little different meeting him 2 years ago at the MoonEyes Xmas show. My best friend that was with me was in their unforgivin part 2 video. I mentioned that after I asked James if he had a minute and his eyes opened up. My friend comes stroll'in up and he is like hey, that is the guy in our video. Mind you, this was like 10 years ago it was done and Hetfield still remembered him. He was pretty kool and we were done after that respecting that he was there to enjoy the show too. Ran into him again the following year at the show and he came up to us and invited us to his place up in NorCal if we ever head up that way. It is all out of respect and the fine line that I have found out running into certain celebs. KNUX!

15. Chris Casny

Chris Casny

In Paso some guy ask him if he was on the HAMB, reply was, mmm but dont tell anybody.
    I love the band, Hetfield rocks but at a carshow all I care about is cars.

16. Mojo

Mojo

I saw that documentary a while back, the one about the St Anger album. The cat looked like he hit the wall hard, and had to start over. I can kinda see why, being in metallica would be like being married to a super model... when people would met you, they'd just want to talk about her. That Olds coupe he had was a sweet ride, good example of just enough being better than too much.

17. rasputin

rasputin
    from Chicago

I didn't know that Lincoln was his.

I remember digging the hell out of it that thing at Paso a few years back.

18. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

He let us take a photo of him and my grandson very cool guy it will go into my HOT ROD collection.

19. mazdaslam

mazdaslam

Ha...I'm a Clark Stalker:eek: .......... Did I just say that?:D Hahaaaa......

20. My sons are big fans of those bands,what magazine was it?

21. My wife and I had breakfast with him, his lovely wife, and about 4 or 5 beatniks last year. He really is a cool guy.

22. Big Tony

Big Tony

Hetfields Lincoln is kewl as was Dimebag and i'd be a dickhead too if i were a rock star and just wanted to enoy the cars and not sign shit and take pictures. Gotta get old after a while. Besides we should cae more about talk cars than celeb bullshit

23. you kids and your fondness for celebrities. . Jeez. :rolleyes: ( eye rolling ) They're some of the weirdest people in the world. Especially the ones who think they're "artists" They're not. I see much more art in the photo's of the cars on this web page.

24. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

cool guy,cool cars.rock stars are just regular people who happen to be famous.leave the"papparazzi tactics"at home and treat him like any other car guy.

25. 53burb

53burb

Guitar Player....The Dimebag Darrell Art Tribute Issue on newsstands now...Six Strings Masterpieces. Get a shot of some "BlackTooth" KNUX!!

26. 1- shot slinger

1- shot slinger

James seems like a really cool guy, and I would love to meet him. I wouldn't even bring the "M" word into the conversation, I'd just love to talk to him about hot rods or anything in general. I know that a few guys have talked to him on here and one of my friends is good friends with James. I hope that one day I could sell him a piece of my art.

by the way.... Yes he is on the HAMB, Yes I know his screen name, and Yes he has posted (once.):D...and you'll never find the post either! hahahahahaa:cool:

27. 53burb

53burb

Well. I guess I got the answer, 1- shot slinger! I can rest in peace now!!!!!! I made this thread in general to show that yes they are Celebs, yes the can be kool or they could be dickheads. It is all in how ya handle yerself around them. Oh and yes, we did talk abouts cars. He always shows up empty handed when he is at the shows here in the L.A. area! Oh and that Olds, fuck'in clean ass ride!

28. BlackFlag

BlackFlag

I wouldnt be shocked if he did drop in and check things out once or twice. Seeing him driving his cars on the way to school (sometimes) always makes the mornings more bearable.

29. 53burb

53burb

While on the subject. Anyone know which TRJ that his Olds was in? Been looking for that issue!!!!!!!!!!!! KNUX!

30. 53burb

53burb

Is that '36 his too? I have never seen that one KNUX!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.